DO NOT VOTE FOR HILARY CLINTON!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Page 1 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Ravenclawgurl
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2007, 8:20 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1avUuFQcMP8[/youtube]

she is anti-aspie watch this video to see why

edit
holy sh*t i just watched this again and realized who one of those people are she mentioned

she mentioned Alison Singer the autism speaks lady who admitted to wanting to kill her autistic child. Now I am really pissed

Last edited by Ravenclawgurl on 11 Nov 2007, 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

monty
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2007, 8:34 pm

I really don't think she is anti-autistism. She is probably just naive. There are lots of people that talk about 'curing' autism, and it seems like a popular thing for politicians - a cure for breast cancer, a cure for this, a cure for that. Disease? I'm against it. We need more funding for that. Apple pie and motherhood? I'm for it!

There has been a lot of debate on whether autism rates have risen sharply recently - and much talk about an epidemic. Maybe this 'increase' is from better diagnosis. But to take here comments of an epidemic and use them out of context is not really fair.

Most bills that senators and congressmen vote on are hundreds of pages long, and they sometimes don't get completely written until the night before the vote. Same thing happening here - she doesn't have days or weeks to research autism thoroughly, and is making a few statements, appearing with a few 'leaders' in the patient community.

Don't know if I will vote for Hillary or not, but I don't think this video is reason to make the decision. The idea that she wants to cart off aspies and have them done in seems a bit hysterical.

Last edited by monty on 11 Nov 2007, 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2007, 8:36 pm

Is this any surprise? Everyone thinks democrat automatically = good, I've got news for you though she plays on the same ball team as Bush.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2007, 8:37 pm

As aspies, we are an intellectual minority, meaning we are much more likely to question their authority, any aspiring tyrant or group of tyrants do not want such minorities represented within their empire. This is why Hitler excluded and persecuted jews.

Helek_Aphel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Nov 2007, 8:37 pm

I would have never voted for her even before seeing the video.
I now have another reason to not vote for her.
My past reasons were far more than enough though.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2007, 8:40 pm

monty wrote:
I really don't think she is anti-autistism. She is probably just naive. There are lots of people that talk about 'curing' autism, and it seems like a popular thing for politicians - a cure for breast cancer, a cure for this, a cure for that. Disease? I'm against it. We need more funding for that. Apple pie and motherhood? I'm for it!

Most bills that senators and congressmen vote on are hundreds of pages long, and they sometimes don't get completely written until the night before the vote. Same thing happening here - she doesn't have days or weeks to research autism thoroughly, and is making a few statements, appearing with a few 'leaders' in the patient community.

Don't know if I will vote for Hillary or not, but I don't think this video is reason to make the decision. The idea that she wants to cart off aspies and have them done in seems a bit hysterical.

Well that's part of the problem though, even if we explain this to them they'll just stick their fingers in their ears and go "lalalalalalalalala". Denial is a defense mechanism, our plight is combined of society's inti-intellectualism and ableism. Not only are they jealous if theyr not as smart as we are on something, they feel insulted that a "disabled" person is more knowledgable than they are.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2007, 8:46 pm

Which of the candidates is liberal, not anti-Aspie, and will get the economy going again?

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Ravenclawgurl
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2007, 8:52 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Which of the candidates is liberal, not anti-Aspie, and will get the economy going again?

Tim

Definately Obama ive actually heard some good thing about him conscerning his views on autism

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2007, 8:53 pm

I'll make a note of that.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2007, 8:53 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:

Tim

good luck, institutional bigotry is the current trend with autism, it often goes totally invisible to those pushing it. Just like when blacks were segregated, and whites were shocked, like deer in headlights, when they fought back and protested.... The plight was invisible to them because they were willfully ignorant of how they were treating others for being different, notice I said "willfully" ignorant.... This entails that, rather or not they'll openly admit to it, they KNOW that if they had to live our plight, they wouldn't like it that much either.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2007, 8:55 pm

More than just being a fight for autistic rights, this is a fight for the rights and equality of anyone considered "disabled" by mainstream society, many of whom are disabled and some, like us, who are just different.

monty
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2007, 8:55 pm

snake321 wrote:
As aspies, we are an intellectual minority, meaning we are much more likely to question their authority, any aspiring tyrant or group of tyrants do not want such minorities represented within their empire. This is why Hitler excluded and persecuted jews.

Jews under Hitler? Nah, I like the metaphor from the claymation movie of Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer. As aspies, we are all cast-offs sent to the island of misfit toys.

Hillary said something on autism and proved she didn't know what she was talking about. What about the other candidates? The ones that aren't even talking about ASD?

The only way that a politician won't sing out of tune on this issue is if they have a relative with ASD, and they have taken time to educate themselves.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2007, 8:56 pm

In other words, the sword of hatred is often invisible to the person who wields it, but not totally invisible, it is invisible because a part of them does not wish to acknowledge it.

monty
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2007, 8:57 pm

Ravenclawgurl wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

Tim

Definately Obama ive actually heard some good thing about him conscerning his views on autism

Cheers for Barak!

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2007, 8:59 pm

monty wrote:
snake321 wrote:

Jews under Hitler? Nah, I like the metaphor from the claymation movie of Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer. As aspies, we are all cast-offs sent to the island of misfit toys.

Hillary said something on autism and proved she didn't know what she was talking about. What about the other candidates? The ones that aren't even talking about ASD?

The only way that a politician won't sing out of tune on this issue is if they have a relative with ASD, and they have taken time to educate themselves.

This isn't just aspies, mainstream society belittles anyone considered "disabled". They will deny this when asked, but it is painstakingly obvious. We're "forever children", held to stereotypical standards, "not fit" or "not smart enough" to be full equals..... This was the exact same thing blacks went through. They couldn't get decent educations because the white establishment thought they were "too dumb" for independence.

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2007, 9:02 pm

Hillary Clinton: DO NOT WANT!! !