DO NOT VOTE FOR HILARY CLINTON!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Page 2 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

monty
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2007, 9:10 pm

snake321 wrote:

This isn't just aspies, mainstream society belittles anyone considered "disabled". They will deny this when asked, but it is painstakingly obvious. We're "forever children", held to stereotypical standards, "not fit" or "not smart enough" to be full equals..... This was the exact same thing blacks went through. They couldn't get decent educations because the white establishment thought they were "too dumb" for independence.

Yeah, my brother and sister went into wheelchairs at early ages. The family had to fight the school board for ramps, elevators, and other facilities so that they could get into the normal (actually advanced) classes, where they did quite well. We quit one church that thought a ramp would be too much of a change to their beautiful architecture.* This was before and somewhat after the ADA, which didn't get implemented on the day it was passed. And even today, I know of some places that have done zip to improve accessability.

* I'm cool with Christ. It's some of his followers that I simply can't abide.

Last edited by monty on 11 Nov 2007, 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2007, 9:10 pm

Can anyone name the song in the video? And the singer?

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2007, 11:50 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Which of the candidates is liberal, not anti-Aspie, and will get the economy going again?

Tim

Liberal and get the economy going again? There is a reason there are no liberal economists. Get rid of the income tax (it doesn't pay for anything in the government anyways) and we''ll have a very nice expansion of the economy as unemployment drops, salaries and corporate profits both rise, and we could start to dig ourselves out of debt. On the Democratic side I could tolerate Dennis Kucinich, although I disagree with his stance on gun control and wish he would give up on the idea of complete government control over health care. My first pick is Ron Paul, but the media is trying pretty hard to take him down.

Bodorus
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Nov 2007, 2:32 am

Let us reclaim Aspergia :p. We already have some mythos (http://www.aspergia.com/), finally a country with an efficient, organized, non-corrupt government.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2007, 2:51 am

Orwell wrote:
Liberal and get the economy going again? There is a reason there are no liberal economists. Get rid of the income tax (it doesn't pay for anything in the government anyways) and we''ll have a very nice expansion of the economy as unemployment drops, salaries and corporate profits both rise, and we could start to dig ourselves out of debt. On the Democratic side I could tolerate Dennis Kucinich, although I disagree with his stance on gun control and wish he would give up on the idea of complete government control over health care. My first pick is Ron Paul, but the media is trying pretty hard to take him down.

Actually there are a lot of liberal economists, a lot of them are just more pro-market than the average left-winger and perhaps right-winger. I would not go for Kucinich though as I think he ends up more left-wing than the average democratic candidate.

AutisticOne
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Nov 2007, 3:01 am

good video, thanks.

Apollyon
Toucan
Toucan

12 Nov 2007, 3:23 am

I certainly hope that she does not get large amounts of votes, simply because people (women) are so blinded by the prospect of a female president, that they aren't concerned about whether she (Hillary) will be a good president.

Thus far Obama seems to be the better candidate; he seems to be at least competent. Hillary over the years just seems very... Inconsistent for some reason. Quite frankly, I find her a bit intimidating.

Of course, at this point I think most people are just glad Bush' term is up. Honestly, most of his statements and opinions make me embarrassed for him.

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2007, 4:10 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
Which of the candidates is liberal, not anti-Aspie, and will get the economy going again?

Tim

None of them.....

Edit: Hah, for me this is just another reason to not vote for her. I already had a very very very unfavorable opinion of her (I registered as a Democrat just to vote against her). This just adds icing to the cake.

psych
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2007, 6:27 am

it doesnt matter who you vote for: the government still gets elected

http://www.strike-the-root.com/4/wasdin/wasdin5.html

monty
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2007, 9:42 am

Orwell wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

Tim

Seems like the US economy did ok under Clinton - govt spending and deficit under control. And Brazil is humming along under Da Silva.

I like a lot of things about Ron Paul, but his idea on the gold standard makes no sense. Gold is only a symbol of wealth, and the amount of gold has not expanded compared to the increase in real wealth over the past decades. An ounce of gold would be worth tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars if the US went on the gold standard. Nothing wrong with paper money as long as a government limits national debt, doesn't run the money presses irresponsibly, and makes it clear they are good for their obligations.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2007, 2:18 pm

I agree about Bill Clinton. And about Lula over in Brazil.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2007, 2:43 pm

Helek_Aphel wrote:
I would have never voted for her even before seeing the video.
I now have another reason to not vote for her.
My past reasons were far more than enough though.

Agreed.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2007, 2:48 pm

With one recession under the Bush administration, and another one possible, I am voting for whoever the Democrat is.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2007, 3:15 pm

I am neither left wing or right wing personally. Those are just labels for people who are too lazy or too emotionally attached to dominance issues to think freely and honestly. Why should you need someone to corn-feed your ideas to you? Who says the democrats aren't on the same page? It's bigger than a political label. Left AND right wings both support big business, Hillary has no plans to repeal the patriot act nor to find a way to get our troops home safely (she's just as pro war as Bush is). She also plans on taking away our second amendment right to self defense against government intrusion, she plans on escalating our border issues which will only make companies wealthier at our expense (face it, we simply do not have the resources to foster the world's hungry, we need to know who is here, how many are here, if any of them are on the run or have criminal records, we need to protect our living wages and conditions and our social security, it has nothing to do with race). Democrat doesn't = good guy, it equals the other side of an all-around corrupted system.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2007, 3:17 pm

Look at the centralist platform, I am voting reform party, it is a party of compromise, meeting in the middle, dealing logically with facts, it is the best vote in my opinion for people who are fed up with this 2 party or 2 wing high school immature cliquish BS from the right and left wings.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2007, 3:18 pm

Vote centralist if your a mature adult who can think independently.