Should Women be Permitted to Appear Topless in Public?

Page 11 of 18 [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next

Should Women be Permitted to Appear Topless in Public?
Yes 72%  72%  [ 113 ]
No 28%  28%  [ 43 ]
Total votes : 156

EtherealBallet
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Dec 2012, 10:34 pm

I am not sure if I should post here but since it has already been raised. I came here mostly because I felt I needed to read the stuff here to slightly calm down. This is one of the big "buttons" for me so I get all tight chested and flustered with stuff like this and need to find solid ground in order not to have a meltdown. I was afriad I might get even more flustered but instead I end up laughing hard because of the Necromancy and Raise Dead Magic The Gathering cards! :lol: I found it very funny

TrainofLove
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Dec 2012, 7:35 am

Cue the Yakety Sax:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl0WIw8KOVc[/youtube]

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 9:12 am

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 9:16 am

Benny Hill!

Wish his shows were still on.

Sylkat

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 9:26 am

There is a feminist group, called FEMEN, which originated in Ukraine

http://femen.org/en

and which draws attention to its causes by holding bare-chested protest rallies.

I say: more power to them! Feminists in the Anglosphere should follow suit, instead of remaining so prudish as a result of their patriarchal upbringings.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 9:29 am

The funny thing about feminism is most men hate it unless it's about an issue like this one. Then it's the best thing in the world.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 9:47 am

^^^^^^When they can see the benefits they are all for it.
But it has to be in a man's face for him to get onboard. :wink:

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 9:54 am

If Mrs. Bachmann had shown her nipples during the Republican debates, and painted a slogan across her chest, then she probably would have done better during the primary elections.

EtherealBallet
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Dec 2012, 12:50 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
There is a feminist group, called FEMEN, which originated in Ukraine

http://femen.org/en

and which draws attention to its causes by holding bare-chested protest rallies.

I say: more power to them! Feminists in the Anglosphere should follow suit, instead of remaining so prudish as a result of their patriarchal upbringings.
I have heard of some other groups too. One that stands out clearly in my memory is Breast not Bombs, they put in the shirt equality message and an anti-bomb message. Mashing two completely different messages like that seems kind of awakward to me, but then again you get two messages through in one group. Another one was a website called B-007 (or what ever James Bond code number is. it was something like that) It supported breastfeeding, shirt equality (sorry for this term it sounds bad to me but it is the best I can think of) and de-sexualizationof breast in (Americian, I think) society unless in the case the woman wished for her breasts to be used sexually. Kind of letting women have more choice in what they wish to do with their bodies. They had this gallery of pictures of breasts presented non-sexually, so I guess people would get to see non-sexual breasts. I don't really know.

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 12:53 pm

Yes. If men are allowed to walk around shirtless, women should be too. And not only on swimming areas.

Sorry for this terrible joke, by the way.

Plodder
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 12:56 pm

I think boobs should be private. Breastfeeding is OK though.

EtherealBallet
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Dec 2012, 12:56 pm

Magnus_Rex wrote:
Yes. If men are allowed to walk around shirtless, women should be too. And not only on swimming areas.
I think that too. I cannot remember when though

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 1:00 pm

I think it should be compulsory for women to walk around topless in public. :P

(Only joking - before everyone pounces on me for being a dirty old lecher. :lol: )

Plodder
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 1:07 pm

TallyMan wrote:

(Only joking - before everyone pounces on me for being a dirty old lecher. :lol: )

As another poster has pointed out, most women do not have "perfect" looking boobs, and wearing bras and hiding them under clothing helps them to look better that they really are. If you actually saw all women's boobs in their natural state you might not like them as much after all, because society has programmed us to think that "normal" breasts are supposed to look "perfect."

When you say it should be compulsory for "women" to walk around topless in public, I assume you are being selective in your thinking, and you actually mean "young, attractive, perky" women, not eldery or obese women, or women who've had mastectomies, or women with tubular breasts, or women with one breast bigger than the other, or women with hairy aerolas, or saggy women with stretch marks, or...well...you get the point.

Most women's breasts are not perfect looking at all. If you were going to make this imaginary rule stating that all women must walk around topless at all times, it would have to be applied to ALL women. :)

Last edited by Plodder on 09 Dec 2012, 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deltafunction
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 1:14 pm

I think a while back there was this woman who had a mastectomy and wanted to swim topless, then there was this big debate about it. Apparently bathing tops are really bothersome after the surgery. In my opinion women who have had this surgery should be allowed to go topless if needed.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 1:16 pm

Plodder wrote:
TallyMan wrote:

As another poster has pointed out, most women do not have "perfect" looking boobs, and wearing bras and hiding them under clothing helps them to look better that they really are. If you actually saw all women's boobs in their natural state you might not like them so much after all, because society has programmed us to think that "normal" breasts are supposed to look "perfect."

When you say it should be compulsory for "women" to walk around topless in public, I assume you are being selective in your thinking, and you actually mean "young, attractive, perky" women, not eldery or obese women, or women who've had mastectomies, or women with tubular breasts, or women with one breast bigger than the other, or women with hairy aerolas, or saggy women with stretch marks, or...well...you get the point.

Most women's breasts are not perfect looking at all. If you were going to make this imaginary rule stating that all women must walk around topless at all times, it would have to be applied to ALL women. :)

:( Darn! Oh well, a man can dream can't he? :lol: