Should Women be Permitted to Appear Topless in Public?

Page 14 of 18 [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Should Women be Permitted to Appear Topless in Public?
Yes 72%  72%  [ 113 ]
No 28%  28%  [ 43 ]
Total votes : 156

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2012, 12:11 pm

^^Fair enough.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2012, 12:19 pm

I do not want droopy boobs because it gets really hot here at times,you will get a heat rash under them if they are hanging down.Not comfortable.
I don't care who goes topless.
And I wear sports bras 24/7. They are more comfortable than bouncing.
And the Venus de Milo does not have pancakes so from an artistic view mine looked more attractive(to me ) than my friend with the pancakes.Not that mine are as great as Venus's pair of twins.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2012, 12:52 pm

If women were allowed to go topless, they could wear all kinds of weird bras and stuff in public that support their breasts and are transparent or fashionable. It would be a whole new aspect of the fashion industry. It goes beyond merely being topless and becomes high fashion with many creative options. So, you can still get support and experience the freeing up of the boobs.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2012, 1:07 pm

^^^^^Bustiers that are comfy would be nice.Sexy support.

EtherealBallet
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Dec 2012, 5:39 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
As I recall, the old National Geographic magazine used to feature a wide variety of boobies--from the perky and nubile, to the long and flattened.
Like a section devoted to breasts? or did they just show a lot of them? In some of my newer issues I have seen a few but I don't know how that compares to the old ones. I haven't made my opinion clear. I think women should be allowed to, because going shirtless wouldn't really do any harm. It seems foolish to not allow a body part shown in a non-sexual way when this when you put all sorts "sexy" in public. Also it is not like all women would go shirtless. Most of the time I see men wearing shirts. Where I live I believe women are actually allowed to not wear shirts. People might make a big fuss though. I do not know what the reaction would be because here it is not considered socially acceptable for women not to and have never seen anyone do so. I also will not test this out because I wish to remain covered. So I suppose I will never know.

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2012, 7:02 pm

everyone was naked in the garden of eden.

NAKnight
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Dec 2012, 7:54 pm

Coming from a person who supports the general idea of nudity and nudism.
I agree with the topless girls about gender equality.
But there is a time and place for everything, if you want to be naked, go to a nude resort or a nude beach.
It is all about social acceptability.

Best Regards,

Jake

UnLoser
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2012, 8:29 pm

I think it should be legal for women to go topless in public... when most people are comfortable with it(I mean when the culture evolves in the future). There's nothing morally wrong about being nude or topless around strangers(that's how women used to dress a long time ago), but if you're making a lot of people feel uncomfortable, then you should cover up. Personally, I don't feel comfortable at all with the idea.

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
I really don't know what kind of developmental effect that would have on kids, that tends to be the most primary concern most people have about anything - ie. seeing something weird in your formative years like 4 - 8 or 9 can have some real strange and unexpected effects that lead to fetishes, philias, and things of that nature.

I'm pretty sure it would have no effect whatsoever on kids, aside from desensitizing boys from breasts so they aren't so boob-crazy when they hit puberty.

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2012, 8:55 pm

If women went topless, I'd be done looking at boobs sooner and be able to continue shopping. I swear, the shirts people wear these days create optical illusions causing you to stare longer before you can accurately gauge people's boobs. F*%k you Marvel Comics!

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2012, 11:42 am

I think that the Continental Europeans have a much healthier attitude towards tatas than those of us in the Anglosphere.

When Princess Kate was vacationing in France, she proudly displayed her rack for all to see.

Photos showed up in Continental Europe. But, in the English-speaking world? Noooooo!! !! :shameonyou:

President Sarkozy's wife did some nude modeling

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9ttxx ... layrelon-1

La République was rightfully proud of its First Lady. :salut:

America got a kick out of some topless photos of President Obama

But, Mrs. Obama? We're just lucky to see her bare arms.

That is all that our nation can handle.

Remember Miss Janet Jackson's "wardrobe falfunction?" No-one's nipple ever got so much attention. The entire nation was aghast. The nonsense almost got to the Supreme Court.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/2 ... 37857.html

Last edited by ArrantPariah on 11 Dec 2012, 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2012, 12:10 pm

I breast fed both my kids close to 30 years ago,not that many women were on board for that then,you would be surprised at how many people,male and female that would gawk.Not out of lechery(except one creepy-creeperson) but because they had NEVER seen a woman breast feed(except the older folks).And I fed the babies discreetly but some people seemed shocked to see part of a boob being utilized in the manner it was designed for. :roll:
In other countries a breast feeding mom is a regular sight,no one even notices.
It's just a mammary gland,no big deal.

Plodder
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2012, 12:18 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:

When Princess Kate was vacationing in France, she proudly displayed her rack for all to see.

Photos showed up in Continental Europe. But, in the English-speaking world? Noooooo!! !! :shameonyou:

No she most certainly did NOT "proudly display" anything. She had no idea she was being photographed. As far as she was concerned she was alone with her husband in a secluded private house out in the middle of the countryside and they went outside to sunbathe and she took off her top thinking that she was alone. Little did she know that there was a pap stalking her and hiding on the other side of the road with a camera with a verrrrrrry long lens.

See second picture down for location of sad shameless pap. :evil:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... olice.html

As for why the pictures have not been published in certain countries: well, the royals took their case to court in France and a judge ruled that the photos should not be published because they were an invasion of privacy. Even before that court ruling came into effect, a lot of publications had chosen not to buy/publish the photos anyway, because they felt they were inappropriate, intrusive and vulgar. Perhaps the press in your country have more respect for privacy than they do in France.

Was she stupid to take her top off outdoors? Yes. Does that make it OK to stalk her and take topless photos of her without her knowledge or consent? According to the judge, no.

If you want to appeal against the ruling of the judge, on the grounds that you desperately want to see intrusive topless pictures of a famous woman taken by a professional stalker, go ahead. I don't think you will have very much success.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2012, 1:06 pm

Plodder wrote:
Was she stupid to take her top off outdoors? Yes.

I wouldn't consider it "stupid." If she wants to bare her chest outdoors, then more power to her. She would be setting a good example for the rest of the Anglosphere.

Plodder wrote:
If you want to appeal against the ruling of the judge, on the grounds that you desperately want to see intrusive topless pictures of a famous woman taken by a professional stalker, go ahead. I don't think you will have very much success.

No, I don't care. If I want to see pictures of tatas, I think that the National Geographic is still publishing, although it is possible that more women are mimicking English fashions and keeping their boobies covered, and that fewer and fewer of these pictures are being published.

Obviously, I didn't know anything about the Princess Kate nonsense. I just assumed that she was at a beach, and just let her boobies hang out like everyone else. And, that the exaggeration of the scandal was rocking England.

Plodder
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2012, 1:30 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:

Obviously, I didn't know anything about the Princess Kate nonsense. I just assumed that she was at a beach, and just let her boobies hang out like everyone else. And, that the exaggeration of the scandal was rocking England.

Well yes the scandal rocked England but the scandal was not the fact that she took her top off in the grounds of a private holiday home. Rather, the scandal was that there was a pap there intruding in her privacy and taking pictures without her consent.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2012, 1:32 pm

Theres a Nat Geo mag that's most likely six years ago on the Ozarks,you can see an ex-neighbors bare tush in it.

drh1138
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Dec 2012, 1:55 pm

Government should not have any business in prescribing or dictating morality, outside of enforcement of contracts and preventing violence against people and property. Banning it because someone is "offended" by it is a slippery slope.