Should Women be Permitted to Appear Topless in Public?

Page 12 of 18 [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 18  Next

Should Women be Permitted to Appear Topless in Public?
Yes 72%  72%  [ 113 ]
No 28%  28%  [ 43 ]
Total votes : 156

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 1:21 pm

I'm not overly bothered either way.

You will reap what you've sown.

EtherealBallet
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Dec 2012, 4:34 pm

Plodder wrote:
TallyMan wrote:
I think it should be compulsory for women to walk around topless in public. :P

(Only joking - before everyone pounces on me for being a dirty old lecher. :lol: )

As another poster has pointed out, most women do not have "perfect" looking boobs, and wearing bras and hiding them under clothing helps them to look better that they really are. If you actually saw all women's boobs in their natural state you might not like them so much after all, because society has programmed us to think that "normal" breasts are supposed to look "perfect."

When you say it should be compulsory for "women" to walk around topless in public, I assume you are being selective in your thinking, and you actually mean "young, attractive, perky" women, not eldery or obese women, or women who've had mastectomies, or women with tubular breasts, or women with one breast bigger than the other, or women with hairy aerolas, or saggy women with stretch marks, or...well...you get the point.

Most women's breasts are not perfect looking at all. If you were going to make this imaginary rule stating that all women must walk around topless at all times, it would have to be applied to ALL women. :)
the part about the perfect = normal part was what they website tried to displel

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 8:16 pm

A lot of women seem to go to a lot of effort to try to draw attention to their jugglies.

And, BEFORE anyone presses the QUOTE button: notice that I didn't say ALL WOMEN. I'm sure that there are plenty of women who are completely unconcerned about the shape of their boobies.

I remember these Playtex advertisements from yore

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=898R19PXkuA[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0wSsTclPYk[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMZ0L3XROeE[/youtube]

We have a huge industry centered around women making their boobies appear large and perky. The poll wasn't divided by gender, but I suspect that more women than men are opposed, simply because a lot of ladies have a lot that they are compensating for, don't want to be unmasked, and don't want anyone to get a really good look at the competition.

Now, Victoria's Secret sells a lot of expensive push-up bras

designed to make bosoms appear larger than life. A lot of ladies also go in for bra inserts

And, millions of women in the USA have undergone breast augmentation surgery. I don't know if the purpose is to attract the attention of potential male mating partners, or simply to elevate their status among other women. Men are supposed to avert their eyes, or we are "harassing" them.

If women suddenly decided to stop seeking to create a false impression about their knockers, and simply let them hang out, then a huge, money-making industry would be ground into dust.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 8:33 pm

If you are a well endowed lady and you let them go free they will get droopy.
It's a good idea to sleep in a bra.Even small chested ladies can sag.
It's best to keep the girls reined up except for special occasions.
Wasn't Jane Mansfield the Playtex 18 hour bra lady?
Strange that Playtex also made baby bottles,the Playtex nurser.

deltafunction
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 8:45 pm

Misslizard wrote:
If you are a well endowed lady and you let them go free they will get droopy.
It's a good idea to sleep in a bra.Even small chested ladies can sag.
It's best to keep the girls reined up except for special occasions.
Wasn't Jane Mansfield the Playtex 18 hour bra lady?
Strange that Playtex also made baby bottles,the Playtex nurser.

or work the pectorals

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 8:49 pm

^^^^that will firm the muscles underneath the breast tissue but not the breasts themselves.

deltafunction
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 8:51 pm

Yea it'll just make them perkier. I dunno if you can make breasts firmer... aren't they just fat?

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 8:52 pm

I guess it doesn't really matter if boobs sag if women are allowed to go topless, sagging boobs will be a common sight and no one will ever think twice about them.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 8:56 pm

deltafunction wrote:
Yea it'll just make them perkier. I dunno if you can make breasts firmer... aren't they just fat?

Fat and milk glands.Do not jump rope without a bra on.

EtherealBallet
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Dec 2012, 10:10 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
A lot of women seem to go to a lot of effort to try to draw attention to their jugglies.

And, BEFORE anyone presses the QUOTE button: notice that I didn't say ALL WOMEN. I'm sure that there are plenty of women who are completely unconcerned about the shape of their boobies.

If women suddenly decided to stop seeking to create a false impression about their knockers, and simply let them hang out, then a huge, money-making industry would be ground into dust.
Don't worry I am not quoting to accuse you of sexism or the like. I also know A lotdoes not equal all. In fact this is a rather interesting way to look at it. Reminds me of other media and products that rely on one's poor body image and other things one may feel is not good enough. sorry for clipping your quote in this post it seemed to big to include the whole thing.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 10:41 pm

As I recall, the old National Geographic magazine used to feature a wide variety of boobies--from the perky and nubile, to the long and flattened.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 11:32 pm

the pancakes.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2012, 8:33 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
the pancakes.

That's right. I couldn't think of the term.

Women with pancakes probably want the public exposure of breasts to remain illegal, because they want to be able to stuff their bras with foam to create the illusion of have big, perky breasts, and they don't want the reality of pancake breasts to be correctly assumed when the perky-breasted ladies opt for public exposure.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2012, 9:50 am

In the US we should probably try and tackle the obesity epidemic first. This would go for showing man-boobs as well.

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2012, 9:53 am

As far as i have read the last pages, there only seem to be optical reasons against free breasts.

So it seems, we agree, that there are no serious reasons against it, just fashion junkthoughts. ^^

Personally i found it hard to believe, how many women have no self esteem at all and dont even start to think about arguments, that are charged against them. If i wanted to forbid men to wear boxer shirts, with the only reason: "But when you get older your testicles will hang longer and i like to see more shapy old mens testicles on men i dont even know personally. This is important because men only exist to make my world more pretty, like a potpourri or a flower arrangement, thats what men are born, to make the world nicer for me in optical ways, so they have to stop wearing boxer shorts that makes their testicles unnice, when they get old.", men would laugh me in the face and would have the full right to do so.

If a womens breast are that big, that a bra is more comfortable, she will wear one anyway because of her own comfort. And if my breasts have small size, so that i dont have any profit from wearing a bra, than its more comfort to wear none. And because my mother dont have born me, to be someones elses optical world jewelry, the last thint i dont f*****g care is, if my breasts are favoring other people, i dont even know. Whats next, shall i call a random person in australia to ask her, if she would prefer it, if i was intim shaved? O_o

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2012, 9:56 am

ArrantPariah wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
the pancakes.

That's right. I couldn't think of the term.

Women with pancakes probably want the public exposure of breasts to remain illegal, because they want to be able to stuff their bras with foam to create the illusion of have big, perky breasts, and they don't want the reality of pancake breasts to be correctly assumed when the perky-breasted ladies opt for public exposure.

The irony is, the Pancakers are the ones who would keep things the way they are out of fear folks would have to see their flat breasts. People would see things that are better left hidden. People would not want the ban lifted out of fear of seeing flat breasts daily. There would be a new law. People with flat breasts cannot go topless. Everyone else can.