Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Kitsy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

11 Jan 2008, 10:06 pm

of Ron Paul's answer about his electability. Several users had the videos removed with claims of copyright infringment. Why is it just this video Fox is going after?

Not sure if and when this clip will be taken down so watch before it is and tell me why Fox wants it taken down?

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=p8TkmE5t1Pk[/youtube]

xx Dan Monster

monty
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2008, 12:38 am

Money. Pure and simple. They want to capitalize on the public interest in the political process by owning all rights to the debate. They think they can be like the NFL.

The debates should be public events open to any and all networks that want to be there. And there should be a public access media channel that broadcasts it on the internet, with no restrictions on rebroadcasting. In the good ole days, the debates were organized by the League of Women Voters, and they did a better job.

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2008, 3:51 am

Because Ron Paul is the man!! !

jfrmeister
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Jan 2008, 8:46 pm

monty wrote:
Money. Pure and simple. They want to capitalize on the public interest in the political process by owning all rights to the debate. They think they can be like the NFL.

The debates should be public events open to any and all networks that want to be there. And there should be a public access media channel that broadcasts it on the internet, with no restrictions on rebroadcasting. In the good ole days, the debates were organized by the League of Women Voters, and they did a better job.

ever heard of something called the DMCA? ? ?

monty
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2008, 3:02 pm

jfrmeister wrote:
monty wrote:

ever heard of something called the DMCA? ? ?

Yes, I have. It was developed by Disney the Recording Industry of America to extend their control. I am not opposed to all copyright. But if the candidates for president are going to have a debate, that should be public domain. The DMCA whittled the concept of 'fair-use' of copyrighted material to almost zero.