Toucan
Toucan

12 Feb 2008, 1:15 pm

you must get your 'news' from Limbaugh.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

12 Feb 2008, 1:30 pm

we've already had a clinton in office and while i thought he did a good job im tired of seeing the same two familys in there so i'll go with obama

monty
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2008, 1:58 pm

loudmouth wrote:
John McCain: how can you be for the war on terror if you are for amnesty? that’s allot of people getting into the country without any citizenship.

They are two unrelated issues.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2008, 8:42 pm

Obama won VA so behind by 5 pledges which is going to turn on Hilary but the U.S. isn't ready for a female president yet plus another Clinton in the White House.

Hilary's ok but there are things that people disliked about her which I have none towards her.

Trugen
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2008, 9:03 pm

i usually am interested in politics, but for some reason im apathetic now
america is in an awful state,
anyhow im a republican

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2008, 9:21 pm

Obama now leads with 8 pledges over Hilary.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2008, 9:42 pm

Now 14 pledge ahead Obama!! !! !! :D :D :D :D

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2008, 10:48 pm

Now Ahead 23 Pledges Obama!! !!

Mc_Jeff
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Feb 2008, 11:27 pm

I'm very glad to see Hillary doing so poorly.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2008, 12:00 pm

I'm voting for Obama.

IdahoAspie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2008, 1:19 pm

Mc_Jeff wrote:
I'm very glad to see Hillary doing so poorly.

I think Obama owes 1/2 of his success to Hillary being his opponent. I think many people have an automatic gag reflex they have to overcome to support her.

I will be voting in reverse alphabetical order. First Obama, then McCain, then Anybody but Hillary.

Johnnie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2008, 6:13 pm

Quote:
the U.S. isn't ready for a female president yet

CT elected a woman govenor in 1974 and she won a second tearm, so the talking head sound bite america isn't ready is bullchit. What the country isn't ready for is Killary or Pelosi or any of those other basket case witches in congress to be President.

CT's current govenor is also a woman and republican who not only won with ease, she also carried the diehard democrat big city vote. So if a republican white woman can get minorities and low income people to vote for her who always blindly vote for dumocraps, that shows the voters actually do pay attention to the person, not the party or the label. Lieberman is another example of somebody who doesn't fit the mold getting elected because of his morals, not party or religion. he lost the dumpcrap primary for the senate and ran as an independant and kept his seat in the senate. For a polician the guy is alright and for me to say that about a dumocrap the guy must have something going.

I think Obama would be better than McCain even though I'm a die hard republican. Reason is if the republicans don't raise taxes or cut spending, the debt and the bills get passed onto the next generation, so it's really like the last chance to clean out the yuppie baby boomers before they turn 65 and jump on eldery welfare. They hid behind their children in the 80's & 90's to escape paying taxes and now they are in their peak earnings years & rolling in the dividends & capitol gains, so it's either nail the yuppie scum to pay the $10 trillion dollar debt and fund their elderly welfare which is going to cream the country or they hit 65 and skip out on the debt and retire loaded.

If they retire loaded, they will just waste the money on fuel for motor homes which won't benefit the economy and they will go out to eat a lot, more garbage low paying jobs and they will be tourists which is another industry that pays crap wages. Anyone left earning any sort of money will be taxed up the azz to pay the $10 trillion debt and fund the elderly welfare system for decades to come.

If the federal government hits the POS yuppie scum hard, they will whine about the state & local taxes getting them also and push for reduced local spending and everyone will benefit from that. I just got my towns school budget 1/3 of it is for the regular classroom teachers salaries, the rest is overhead including frills like gym,art,music, special help teachers and lots of front office people, so in reality the school budget could be cut in half if all the fluff was eliminated. It will never happen unless the POS yuppie scum are getting hammered by federal taxes while trying to save for retirement.

Why Obama instead of Killary, I hate the clintons and her more than her husband. Also Obama will have more power to get things done because the chicken chits in congress will be scared to challange him much and be labeled racists. I have no clue if the guy gets it or not, but know the other 2 in the running don't get it at all and either McCain or Killary will be 4 more years of the same old bullchit. Obama has had to play the team player dumocrap game to get this far, he could be just putting on a show.

Killary has no clue people don't want no damn help from the government, they want jobs with dignity, not chump change jobs working for some cracker and than have to beg the government for handouts. People don't want to be on government assistance. Killary is nothing but a poverty pimp. :twisted:

IdahoAspie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2008, 5:03 am

Johnnie wrote:
Quote:
the U.S. isn't ready for a female president yet

CT elected a woman govenor in 1974 and she won a second tearm, so the talking head sound bite america isn't ready is bullchit. What the country isn't ready for is Killary or Pelosi or any of those other basket case witches in congress to be President.

CT's current govenor is also a woman and republican who not only won with ease, she also carried the diehard democrat big city vote. So if a republican white woman can get minorities and low income people to vote for her who always blindly vote for dumocraps, that shows the voters actually do pay attention to the person, not the party or the label. Lieberman is another example of somebody who doesn't fit the mold getting elected because of his morals, not party or religion. he lost the dumpcrap primary for the senate and ran as an independant and kept his seat in the senate. For a polician the guy is alright and for me to say that about a dumocrap the guy must have something going.

I think Obama would be better than McCain even though I'm a die hard republican. Reason is if the republicans don't raise taxes or cut spending, the debt and the bills get passed onto the next generation, so it's really like the last chance to clean out the yuppie baby boomers before they turn 65 and jump on eldery welfare. They hid behind their children in the 80's & 90's to escape paying taxes and now they are in their peak earnings years & rolling in the dividends & capitol gains, so it's either nail the yuppie scum to pay the $10 trillion dollar debt and fund their elderly welfare which is going to cream the country or they hit 65 and skip out on the debt and retire loaded.

If they retire loaded, they will just waste the money on fuel for motor homes which won't benefit the economy and they will go out to eat a lot, more garbage low paying jobs and they will be tourists which is another industry that pays crap wages. Anyone left earning any sort of money will be taxed up the azz to pay the $10 trillion debt and fund the elderly welfare system for decades to come.

If the federal government hits the POS yuppie scum hard, they will whine about the state & local taxes getting them also and push for reduced local spending and everyone will benefit from that. I just got my towns school budget 1/3 of it is for the regular classroom teachers salaries, the rest is overhead including frills like gym,art,music, special help teachers and lots of front office people, so in reality the school budget could be cut in half if all the fluff was eliminated. It will never happen unless the POS yuppie scum are getting hammered by federal taxes while trying to save for retirement.

Why Obama instead of Killary, I hate the clintons and her more than her husband. Also Obama will have more power to get things done because the chicken chits in congress will be scared to challange him much and be labeled racists. I have no clue if the guy gets it or not, but know the other 2 in the running don't get it at all and either McCain or Killary will be 4 more years of the same old bullchit. Obama has had to play the team player dumocrap game to get this far, he could be just putting on a show.

Killary has no clue people don't want no damn help from the government, they want jobs with dignity, not chump change jobs working for some cracker and than have to beg the government for handouts. People don't want to be on government assistance. Killary is nothing but a poverty pimp. :twisted:

I hear a lot of Republicans saying what you are saying.

hyperbolic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2008, 5:20 am

Clinton is so losing this poll, which I find amusing. Just months ago she was considered not just the Democratic front runner, but the shoe-in for the Democratic nomination. Now, Obama is competing strongly with her and already beating her in terms of regular delegates.

Obama will continue to win more primaries and hence more regular delegates to the party convention. However, due to the Democratic Party modus operandi of giving apportioned influence to runners up, some states Obama wins will nonetheless give some delegates to Clinton because she will be the runner up.

Clinton's best hopes of winning the nomination are to be the runner up in or win a few more primaries, and to horse trade for more superdelegates. It won't be a very clean or democratic win for her for the nomination if she horsetrades for more superdelegates, and there will be some people very upset if it results in her being the nominee.

The Democratic Party needs to start thinking more as a monolithic institution if it is going to beat the Republicans. The Republicans pick their nominee and then rally like the world is about to end around that nominee. A lot of Republicans do not think McCain is conservative enough, but they are supporting him to defeat the Democrat, which they find way more liberal than any Republican president would be.

If I were running the Democratic Party, I would be screaming to the party members and/or superdelegates (and if I were Howard Dean, Chairman of the DNC, I should be able to do that well) to coalesce around Barack Obama if he emerges the clear winner in the regular delegate count.

I think Obama is the best challenger against John McCain. His message of change is one of sharp contrast to what McCain's will be, which is more Bush-style security strength. Hillary's message, on the other hand, will be only slightly different from McCain's. In my opinion, what will drive voters to the polls in THIS election will not be a desire for "more of the same" but a desire for change.

Johnnie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2008, 5:39 am

Clinton was like the hiring the mafia to get rid of the hells angles, than a sheriff road into town and people said thank God there is an alternative to hiring the mafia

If Obama is holding his cards close to get elected and has a real good hand to play to really break the clycle of dependancy on government handouts, we all win. Only a black person can pull it off and undo over 40 years of a welfare state. He saw the urban B/S in chicago and the nanny states attempt to help people, it just doesn't work.

The hispanics know he will have no choice but to crack down of the illegals to lift wages for the bottom of the labor force so people have power to demand a living wage in the labor force so hispanics aren't in favor of him getting elected. Got me why the ones here legally would be against somebody shutting off the flow of cheap labor hurting them also.

sufi
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2008, 5:46 am

Some one is needed who has a chance to controll bi-party bickering. This is a major problem as Bush has divided everyone to the extreme.
Clinton has too many enemies and would have to battle congress and the republicans continuously. Which means nothing would get done.
Obama I think has a chance of being able to work with both parties.