Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

outofthisworld
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Mar 2008, 2:30 pm

Hi...

I have been lurking for a while. I am a shy gal. :nerdy:
But...I came across The Ism because I was searching for new music and this was linked to a music site.
No better place to get thoughts on this than here!
Thoughts?

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2008, 2:39 pm

Welcome outofthisworld! :)

I'm not familiar with the Ism, but I'm sure there are people who can help you here.

outofthisworld
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Mar 2008, 2:47 pm

:oops:

Duh...I did not post a link but since I just found out that I cannot yet, try this...

the-ism dot com

outofthisworld
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Mar 2008, 8:54 am

Just bumping up.

Great music too....I am now a fan. His ISM ties into his music.

the-ism dot com

Izaak
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2008, 9:31 am

yeah... read the site...

Subjectivism at it's stupidest.

A lot of unknowable universe premise stuff (see "infinity" and "infinite mind" and "words") I especially found humourous the rephrasing of the classic: We are blind because we have eyes, deaf because we can hear, and mute because we can talk.

"Animals seem to use all their senses, including the intuitive sixth one, whereas humans have let words dull their sense of intuition" - 'Words'

A fair bit of animism throughout the site too... It's good as long as it isn't human. Laud the attributes that aren't human. Worship the lions claws, or the wolf's teeth, or the cheetah's speed... but do not worship man!

A good healthy dose of primacy of consciousness in there too! "We can consciously manipulate and improve our physical condition and that of others through thought! Mind over Energy. Energy over Matter. Mind over Matter." - 'Mind and Body'

The rest of the material is not much better... I would say... mediocre crackpot with his own domain name.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

06 Mar 2008, 5:35 pm

ism sounds like ihsahn and he makes great music! check it out