Is homosexuality nature's way of reducing our population?

Page 2 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

ajs_line_of_silver
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 15 Sep 2005
Gender: Female
Posts: 355
Location: Adelaide

03 Oct 2005, 11:06 am

Quote:
How about homosexual behaviour in species that aren't as widespread or dominant as our own?

Explain that through a single generalisation!


So a lot of animal species are overpopulated that’s why they are dieing out they have room cos we are taking there habitat away

Gay is probably a combination of the their of over population.
And domination behave -as in most animal species
And sex is fun to most people and some are more experimental then others
And a large number of other factors but a big part of it is overpopulation


_________________
S?cuse me my reason is currently on holiday


Sean
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Apr 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,505

03 Oct 2005, 2:51 pm

Mark wrote:
Good grief - you'll be confessing to be a liberal next 8O

Umm...I think we have a little misunderstanding. I used to beat up on and pick on the kids that came out early. The school administration looked the other way. I would often get a singe day of lunch detention for acts that would get a mandatory 10 year prision scentence now. I once beat a gay student with a stick, and got two days detention for damaging school property (breaking off the stick) and one day for striking a student with it. A long as you didn't attack any straight blacks or Mexicans, the school didn't really care and you could get off with only a purely ceremonial (beyond light) punishment. I quit when I realized that most kids coming out that young were probably sexual abuse victims and were probably just badly mixed up about their sexuality and probably alot of other things that were less obvious.



BeeBee
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Mar 2005
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,257
Location: Upper Midwest, USA

03 Oct 2005, 3:10 pm

Okay. Good. A thread on this topic that hasn't gotten personal or insulting.

Lets keep it that way.

BeeBee



BeeBee
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Mar 2005
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,257
Location: Upper Midwest, USA

03 Oct 2005, 3:12 pm

Sean,

If I had been a parent of one of those kids, there would have been consequences. I find it appolling that the administation looked the other way.

BeeBee



eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jul 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,301
Location: Scotland

03 Oct 2005, 3:15 pm

Possibly but I think that just like left-handedness and plenty of other things through the centuries that being gay was (and is to an extent in a lot of places) thought of as something that is to be ashamed of and repressed so nobody admitted having any differences and done their best to hide them.

The lack of acceptance of gay people and lack of a populated gay communties in the more traditional small towns could lead to gay people not "outing" themselves until they stay in a big city were it is easier could account for the lack of recognised gay people in small towns. In a small town people tend to rely on each other for socialisation more and if it is generally frowned upon why would a gay person want to stay there?

There are areas where those with disabilities are common and a regular site and it makes for a much more accepting atmosphere.



Mark
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 202
Location: www.onthespectrum.com

03 Oct 2005, 4:27 pm

Sean wrote:
Umm...I think we have a little misunderstanding. I used to beat up on and pick on the kids that came out early. The school administration looked the other way.

I guess I have to ask - why did you do this?

I've never understood why anyone would pick on someone else as I've seemingly always wanted to stay out of any involvement with people. Life is complicated enough without provoking more trouble.



Sean
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Apr 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,505

03 Oct 2005, 5:54 pm

Mark wrote:
Sean wrote:
Umm...I think we have a little misunderstanding. I used to beat up on and pick on the kids that came out early. The school administration looked the other way.

I guess I have to ask - why did you do this?

I've never understood why anyone would pick on someone else as I've seemingly always wanted to stay out of any involvement with people. Life is complicated enough without provoking more trouble.

At the time, I would get a mild sense of euphoria from it; kind of like a good airsoft war, or a mild version of the feeling you have getting off of a roller coaster. Not only did I not like homosexuals, but they proved to be a convenient way to get that sense of euphoria. :|

*waits for everybody to run away screaming*



Bec
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Aug 2004
Age: 33
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,918

03 Oct 2005, 7:32 pm

Sean wrote:
At the time, I would get a mild sense of euphoria from it; kind of like a good airsoft war, or a mild version of the feeling you have getting off of a roller coaster. Not only did I not like homosexuals, but they proved to be a convenient way to get that sense of euphoria. :|


I am shocked and saddened, but mostly I am disappointed. That sense of euphoria is also the same feeling that serial killers get when they murder people, Sean. It is horribly cruel and sadistic. I really don't know what else to say.

If there weren't laws against it now, would you still do it?



Sean
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Apr 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,505

03 Oct 2005, 10:30 pm

Bec wrote:
Sean wrote:
At the time, I would get a mild sense of euphoria from it; kind of like a good airsoft war, or a mild version of the feeling you have getting off of a roller coaster. Not only did I not like homosexuals, but they proved to be a convenient way to get that sense of euphoria. :|


I am shocked and saddened, but mostly I am disappointed. That sense of euphoria is also the same feeling that serial killers get when they murder people, Sean. It is horribly cruel and sadistic. I really don't know what else to say.

If there weren't laws against it now, would you still do it?

No. I wouldn't feel like doing it again if I had the opportunity. I seem to have gradually lost pleasure in violence like that. I don't like homosexuality any more now than I did then, but I don't see violent acts accomplishing anything. I still think that hate crime legislation is BS, for reasons not exclusively realted to gays and not for running around hurting people. That would be a relatively low priority for me right now. I'm far more concerned about making laws related to self defense more conservative right now anyway.



Mithrandir
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Oct 2004
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 614
Location: Victoria, BC Canada

04 Oct 2005, 12:37 am

Sean wrote:
Bec wrote:
Sean wrote:
At the time, I would get a mild sense of euphoria from it; kind of like a good airsoft war, or a mild version of the feeling you have getting off of a roller coaster. Not only did I not like homosexuals, but they proved to be a convenient way to get that sense of euphoria. :|


I am shocked and saddened, but mostly I am disappointed. That sense of euphoria is also the same feeling that serial killers get when they murder people, Sean. It is horribly cruel and sadistic. I really don't know what else to say.

If there weren't laws against it now, would you still do it?

No. I wouldn't feel like doing it again if I had the opportunity. I seem to have gradually lost pleasure in violence like that. I don't like homosexuality any more now than I did then, but I don't see violent acts accomplishing anything. I still think that hate crime legislation is BS, for reasons not exclusively realted to gays and not for running around hurting people. That would be a relatively low priority for me right now. I'm far more concerned about making laws related to self defense more conservative right now anyway.


Everyone is capable of causing harm, and experiancing pleasure from it :twisted: .
If you don't feel like answering sean, don't.
What made you feel that rage when the person was gay?



Sean
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Apr 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,505

04 Oct 2005, 1:22 am

Mithrandir wrote:
Everyone is capable of causing harm, and experiancing pleasure from it :twisted: .
If you don't feel like answering sean, don't.
What made you feel that rage when the person was gay?

Well, they creep me out badly and they annoy the hell out of me (usually both at the same time). I even feel this way about people before I know they are gay. Also, the biggest factor was that I loathed and despised being rumored to be gay. I couldn't articulate my feelings about my sexuality (though there's relatively little to tell) either. But what I wish I understood was that the other kids wouldn't have gave a crap if I explained myself or bullied people. About the only gays that I still have a kneejerk reaction to want to beat up are the alpha-flamer types you see on TV. Those types tend to stay in more trendy places that I avoid like the plague anyway.



hecate
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Jun 2005
Age: 39
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,011

04 Oct 2005, 2:31 am

Mark wrote:
I've never understood why anyone would pick on someone else as I've seemingly always wanted to stay out of any involvement with people. Life is complicated enough without provoking more trouble.


exactly. which leads me to my next point...

Sean wrote:
At the time, I would get a mild sense of euphoria from it; kind of like a good airsoft war, or a mild version of the feeling you have getting off of a roller coaster. Not only did I not like homosexuals, but they proved to be a convenient way to get that sense of euphoria. :|


...i thought that a person had to have good to advanced theory of mind to derive pleasure from inflicting harm upon another person?



Sean
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Apr 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,505

04 Oct 2005, 3:08 am

hecate wrote:
...i thought that a person had to have good to advanced theory of mind to derive pleasure from inflicting harm upon another person?

My theory of mind seems to be a little worse than some members here with more severe AS. You don't have to recognize and understand the dynamics of someone's thought process to derive pleasure from their pain and suffering; you just need enough ToM to recognize that they are miserable. Perhaps it was my fairly crude theory of mind that prevented me from being able to empathize with what I put people through (there were a couple of straight ones too, one of which was bigger than me).

BeeBee wrote:
If I had been a parent of one of those kids, there would have been consequences. I find it appolling that the administation looked the other way.

BeeBee

One tried. In this situation they kept getting refered by various people back to the school administration (who didn't care) for information before anything could be done, so they were just plain SOL.

Note: If I seem to be gloating about or glorifying anything I did, it is because the emotions I was feeling at the time are inseperable from the rest of my recollection of events. Not an attempt to incite violence or propagate any of this. Furthermore, don't bother trying it, it's a waste of time.



adversarial
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jul 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 549

04 Oct 2005, 12:46 pm

Just as a matter of interest, how long ago was this happening? I know that a 'blind eye' was used a great deal in the 1970's and 1980's, by those who could (but chose not to) have intervened in this sort of thing. I did not know that it continued throughout the 1990's as well.


_________________
"The power of accurate observation is called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw (Taken from someone on comp.programming)


Sean
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Apr 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,505

04 Oct 2005, 1:05 pm

Most of this occured between 1994-1996 in Southern California.



RobertN
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jul 2005
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 934
Location: Cambridge, UK

04 Oct 2005, 1:40 pm

I'm glad I didn't know you at school, Sean. You sounded like a complete thug. Well, all conservatives are thugs at the end of the day. The guys that hound you at school are likely to be tomorrow's Chief Executives of oil companies which treat their workers and the environment like s**t.

I just hope I get the chance to fight the bastards in Parliament one day.... :twisted: