Page 4 of 22 [ 316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 22  Next

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Apr 2007
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,321
Location: Beyond the Void

06 Apr 2008, 5:03 pm

he's just trying to throw you off as he has no answer



iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2007
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,257
Location: 0.5 Galactic radius

06 Apr 2008, 5:21 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
You know what I meant by races, I think you're overgeneralizing. I already know about the different shades of melanonin. When I say race, I mean 3 distinctive stocks that generally describes a human's long ago ancestry attributed to their physical characteristics. What do I have to be really really politically correct?


You mean like "Caucasian, Asiatic, and Negroid" as was posited in Haekel's book History of Creation? Genetics shows it to be nonsense, why does it matter? If genetics show that race theory was real, political correctness would be irrelevant in this case (as if it wasn't generally...)



iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2007
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,257
Location: 0.5 Galactic radius

06 Apr 2008, 5:22 pm

Kilroy wrote:
he's just trying to throw you off as he has no answer


I've been answering everyone. Sorry that I'm a slow typist.



Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Apr 2007
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,321
Location: Beyond the Void

06 Apr 2008, 5:29 pm

no man I am annoyed because you are persistent in telling me that I and many of my friends (for loving our own gender-or both or wanting to be a different gender) is wrong
you have no idea how that infuriates some people :roll:

well of course you don't you think some book is always right



iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2007
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,257
Location: 0.5 Galactic radius

06 Apr 2008, 5:32 pm

spdjeanne wrote:
I just want to say that I am a Christian and I support gay marriage. These are not mutually exclusive.

Also, consider the penguin that has wings which its ancestors once used to fly, but now it uses to swim. Is the penguin not using its wings for their natural designed function? Is it immoral for the penguin to swim?

Caveat: this argument assumes that one accept that wacky thing called the Theory of Evolution.


The flippers of a penguin may have been initially for swimming; also, who's to say they didn't evolve from marine reptiles or fish. Why do they have to be flying birds first; that you just presumed apparently, do you have facts to back it up?



iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2007
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,257
Location: 0.5 Galactic radius

06 Apr 2008, 5:35 pm

Kilroy wrote:
no man I am annoyed because you are persistent in telling me that I and many of my friends (for loving our own gender-or both or wanting to be a different gender) is wrong
you have no idea how that infuriates some people :roll:

well of course you don't you think some book is always right


You are annoyed because you don't like my answers. I have not brought up the Bible once and you are now accusing me of using the Bible. :roll:



Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Apr 2007
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,321
Location: Beyond the Void

06 Apr 2008, 5:35 pm

there are facts its called Evolution :roll:



iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2007
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,257
Location: 0.5 Galactic radius

06 Apr 2008, 5:38 pm

Kilroy wrote:
there are facts its called Evolution :roll:


Actual proof of the specific, in this case a penguin's, evolution, not just mentioning a general framework that is used to explain things as if it proves itself by default.



Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Apr 2007
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,321
Location: Beyond the Void

06 Apr 2008, 5:43 pm

and how does
"God did it" explain it :roll:



iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2007
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,257
Location: 0.5 Galactic radius

06 Apr 2008, 5:45 pm

Kilroy wrote:
and how does
"God did it" explain it :roll:


I didn't mention God, why do you?



Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Apr 2007
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,321
Location: Beyond the Void

06 Apr 2008, 5:45 pm

I am just asking in general
as many believe that "God did it" and no evolution (eg make us)



iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2007
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,257
Location: 0.5 Galactic radius

06 Apr 2008, 5:50 pm

Kilroy wrote:
I am just asking in general
as many believe that "God did it" and no evolution (eg make us)


Why does it matter if God were the source or order and natural technologies or if time and chance were the source of order and natural technologies? You still have the order and natural technologies which are the main part of my argument regardless of how it came about.



MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 19,811
Location: Earth

06 Apr 2008, 5:55 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
MissConstrue wrote:
You know what I meant by races, I think you're overgeneralizing. I already know about the different shades of melanonin. When I say race, I mean 3 distinctive stocks that generally describes a human's long ago ancestry attributed to their physical characteristics. What do I have to be really really politically correct?


You mean like "Caucasian, Asiatic, and Negroid" as was posited in Haekel's book History of Creation? Genetics shows it to be nonsense, why does it matter? If genetics show that race theory was real, political correctness would be irrelevant in this case (as if it wasn't generally...)


By 3 stocks I meant Caucasian, Asiatic, and Negroid. Genetics doesn't matter to me. You're full of it. All 3 have distinct physical characteristics and at one time as it still goes on today, one stock would put down another stock because of their appearance from the stock they belonged to. It matters because people really did enslave the Negroid stock in early America and I used that as an example. Also the Caucasian stock expressed the Negroid Stock to be sub human in their culture. Now this is getting ridiculous. :lol:

Oh and by the way the word racemeans the same as stock. It doesn't mean genetically different in terms of breed. There are different types of DNA, one I used meant DNA that determines one's appearance.


_________________
I live as I choose or I will not live at all.
~Delores O’Riordan


Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Apr 2007
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,321
Location: Beyond the Void

06 Apr 2008, 5:56 pm

its important to me

but anyways...your just trying to get people to side with you that homosexuality is wrong

thankfully the era of bigotry is slowly going away
gays, bi's and transgenders aren't bad people
regardless of what you say

that's my point in all this
and there is nothing you can ever say to make it so



iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2007
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,257
Location: 0.5 Galactic radius

06 Apr 2008, 6:00 pm

:lol: