Teen severely maimed, possibly by Orthodox Jews

Page 3 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

hyperbolic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 10:30 pm

Unfortunately, it seems every religion has its extremists. Those responsible for severely injuring this young man should be quickly and justly punished.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 11:03 pm

hyperbolic wrote:
Unfortunately, it seems every religion has its extremists. Those responsible for severely injuring this young man should be quickly and justly punished.

The perpetrators are, as of yet, unknown. Could be Haresim or Jihadis or someone else.

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2008, 12:21 am

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
I've seen the same done to conservative news sources by liberals; I'd say it would be close to a generality that people only listen to what they agree with.

That goes in every way, whatever appeals to you more, haven't you listen only to what you agree with or appeals to you more sometimes?

whatamess
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2008, 12:31 am

OK, read the article, but I just have to ask...is ORTIZ a Jewish surname? If so, I'm starting to figure out my roots...hmmm

history_of_psychiatry
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2008, 8:20 am

I don't condone the violent act that was commited, but i really don't feel bad for people who believe in procelytizing others. Well, I DO feel bad for people who believe in proselytizing others, but i don't usually feel bad when something bad happens to them.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2008, 11:28 am

Phagocyte wrote:
zendell wrote:
Christians would never kill innocent people.

Except for the crusades. And all those abortion clinic bombings.

Well, just for accuracy's sake, please list innocent people. People who kill babies for a living? Not so much.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2008, 11:31 am

Phagocyte wrote:
But I don't think religion is "bad;" I see religious intolerance as just an outlet for good 'ol fashioned human bigotry. If prejudice and hatred can't take the form of religion, it would just find some other form.

You have a strong point. Religion is very often abused, just as much as any other element that can be used as an excuse for improper behavior.

The key to seeing through to the truths beyond that level of sight is in analyzing what the particular religion teaches. For instance, does Christianity teach: "Kill the infidel wherever you find him", as the Koran does? (See suras 2.191; 4.89; 5.33; 8.12; 8.65; 9.5.)

What are Christian churches teaching today, regarding "unbelievers", people who don't agree with us? They are teaching us to talk to them about Jesus. Conversion by conversation.
What do Mosques teach today regarding us "infidels"? They teach that the infidel must be converted -- if necessary, "by the sword". Conversion by force. See, Islam is still is Crusades mode, whereas Christendom has advance into the more modern approach of talking to people without pressuring them in any way. We do this because we believe that if conversion to Christ is not fully of a person's will, it doesn't happen.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2008, 11:51 am

psych wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
Which landmines are you referring to? Again, source please. And again, Israel does not set up Palestinian children to be killed --

WTF!? Israeli troops use palestinian kids for target practice!

Read about this British peace activist who was killed for trying to save some of them

No one needs to "save" Palestinian children from anyone other than their own parents, who are known for strapping bombs to their children, and sending them into cafés. Is that clearly stated enough?

I love your ridiculous insinuation, BTW, as if to say, "Oh, the Israeli soldiers were trying to shoot Palestinian children..." :roll: "And when someone blocked their sights to kill little children, they shot him, angry that they could not kill the little helpless children!" Good grief. I'm not familiar with the background of the story, but Israel does not shoot people who are clearly there to promote peace. (Peace by means other than violence, I must emphasize, because the Palestinians' version of "peace" is continuous all-out terror bombings. The alternate, yet related, Palestinian definition of "peace" is all Jews "pushed into the sea". Other than that, they're a charming people!)

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2008, 12:00 pm

skafather84 wrote:
i think bbc news is pretty conservative.

Mr. Sulu: "OH... MY!"

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2008, 12:06 pm

Ragtime wrote:
Phagocyte wrote:
zendell wrote:
Christians would never kill innocent people.

Except for the crusades. And all those abortion clinic bombings.

Well, just for accuracy's sake, please list innocent people. People who kill babies for a living? Not so much.

see? psycho with no grasp of reality and no value for life but rather just instead his own delusions of the world.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2008, 12:06 pm

whatamess wrote:
OK, read the article, but I just have to ask...is ORTIZ a Jewish surname? If so, I'm starting to figure out my roots...hmmm

Due to 2,000 years of intermarriage, there are Jews of every ethnicity in the world. They kept their religion as Jews, and many Gentiles also converted to Judaism, making them Jews. Also, many Jews, due to often-violent anti-Semitic persecution, changed their surnames. I personally know a Martinez who is both ethnically and religiously Jewish.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2008, 12:11 pm

history_of_psychiatry wrote:
i really don't feel bad for people who believe in procelytizing others. Well, I DO feel bad for people who believe in proselytizing others, but i don't usually feel bad when something bad happens to them.

Okay. Then God won't feel bad for you if you have trouble getting into Heaven without His help. Why should He?
"Do not judge so that you will not be judged. For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you" (Matt 7:1-2).

Just making sure you know.

Triangular_Trees
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2008, 12:29 pm

Quote:

Source?

I'm touched by your concern for the Israeli boy I mentioned. Oh, wait, you didn't show any. While he's bleeding and screaming from re[constructive surgery, you can sit back in your smug satisfaction or indifference -- whichever of those inhuman reactions you prefer.

I'm touched for your concern to make sure the actual facts are gotten out I'mnotaparkeet. At least you didn't put up a title that could incite unwarranted negative feelings towards and options aboutt a particular religion, or branch of religion like "Teen severely maimed, possibly by Orthodox Jews" when as the article clearly states the two groups under suspicioun are Arab terrorists and anti-missionary Orthodox Jews. Putting up a title like that is no different than writing "Christians disturb funerals and hurl insults at attending family members" to introduce an article about the Westboro Baptist church. I've no doubt you'd protest if one of us did something like that

Looks to see your title. Oh wait, you did unfairly write your title to associate all Orthodox Jews with the torture of a teen.

history_of_psychiatry
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2008, 1:14 pm

Ragtime wrote:
history_of_psychiatry wrote:
i really don't feel bad for people who believe in procelytizing others. Well, I DO feel bad for people who believe in proselytizing others, but i don't usually feel bad when something bad happens to them.

Okay. Then God won't feel bad for you if you have trouble getting into Heaven without His help. Why should He?
"Do not judge so that you will not be judged. For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you" (Matt 7:1-2).

Just making sure you know.

Don't lay that biblical breeze on me. The bible was written thousands of years ago by people who were practically one step above cavemen. They knew very little about science, medicine, meteorology, geology, and even psychology. Why should i take literally a book written by people who thought the earth was flat? Besides, every religionist ive ever met acted contradictory to what he preached.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2008, 1:19 pm

Ragtime , didn't Jesus teach you to love your enemies? So far, all what I saw from you is deep hatred ,hypocrisy and extreme intolerance.

Ragtime, hear me well: F.u.c.k you and F.u.c.k your cult.

I won't debate with you any further because I don't debate with fundamentalist terrorist minds.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2008, 1:27 pm

Triangular_Trees wrote:
Quote:

Source?

I'm touched by your concern for the Israeli boy I mentioned. Oh, wait, you didn't show any. While he's bleeding and screaming from re[constructive surgery, you can sit back in your smug satisfaction or indifference -- whichever of those inhuman reactions you prefer.

I'm touched for your concern to make sure the actual facts are gotten out I'mnotaparkeet. At least you didn't put up a title that could incite unwarranted negative feelings towards and options aboutt a particular religion, or branch of religion like "Teen severely maimed, possibly by Orthodox Jews" when as the article clearly states the two groups under suspicioun are Arab terrorists and anti-missionary Orthodox Jews.

The title was entirely accurate, and from what I read, the Orthodox are more suspected at this point than the Palestinians.
Try not to read more into a phrase than is actually there.