Proponents of gay marriage: what about bestiality?

Page 2 of 14 [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next

Whivit
Raven
Raven

10 Apr 2008, 4:54 pm

Oh... wow. So many people here are pissing me off. I don't know if I'll be able to keep my temper, so if I go off, just... I apologize in advance.

Now.

Quote:
Adults getting married to other consenting adults isn't the same thing at all as marrying an animal. That's a no brainer.

Quote:
An animal cannot give consent to marriage, because, strangely enough, it's an animal.

Quote:
Animals are nonsentient.

What. The. f**k. Humans are animals. Obviously animals can give consent to whatever they want, since we do it all the time. A human giving consent to getting married is the same as marrying an animal BECAUSE YOU ARE marrying an animal.

And prove sentience before you go on about 'animals are non-sentient'. This is just the same thing as 'animals don't have souls'. It's just a lot of crap to try and differentiate us.

Quote:
Okay, so you marry an animal and have it give you oral sex. If it's hungry the results could be unfortunate.

This pisses me off simply because the poster obviously has no idea what they're talking about. This isn't actually a thread on bestiality, so I won't explain why they're wrong, but seriously--before you make these kinds of statements, RESEARCH it. If it's too gross for you to research, don't make the statement to begin with.

I don't really care about the marriage thing since I don't see the benefit of getting married other than tax breaks, and so I don't get why you wouldn't want someone to get a tax break (regardless of reason).

MartyMoose
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 4:56 pm

Ragtime wrote:
-Vorzac- wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
My question is very simple: If bu-fu, why not Fufu?

because what cavity you put your dick in doesn't define marriage, you f***ing moron.

Who are you to define marriage for someone else?

Why the f**k are you asking peopel to define marriage then turning round and telling them they have no right to do so?

Idiot Much?

I didn't turn round and tell anyone anything different. Please clarify your accusation.

Why are you claiming to be against homosexuality when on your myspace you seem to be seeking a threesome?

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 5:05 pm

Whivit wrote:
Oh... wow. So many people here are pissing me off. I don't know if I'll be able to keep my temper, so if I go off, just... I apologize in advance.

Now.

Quote:
Adults getting married to other consenting adults isn't the same thing at all as marrying an animal. That's a no brainer.

Quote:
An animal cannot give consent to marriage, because, strangely enough, it's an animal.

Quote:
Animals are nonsentient.

What. The. f**k. Humans are animals. Obviously animals can give consent to whatever they want, since we do it all the time. A human giving consent to getting married is the same as marrying an animal BECAUSE YOU ARE marrying an animal.

And prove sentience before you go on about 'animals are non-sentient'. This is just the same thing as 'animals don't have souls'. It's just a lot of crap to try and differentiate us.

Quote:
Okay, so you marry an animal and have it give you oral sex. If it's hungry the results could be unfortunate.

This pisses me off simply because the poster obviously has no idea what they're talking about. This isn't actually a thread on bestiality, so I won't explain why they're wrong, but seriously--before you make these kinds of statements, RESEARCH it. If it's too gross for you to research, don't make the statement to begin with.

I don't really care about the marriage thing since I don't see the benefit of getting married other than tax breaks, and so I don't get why you wouldn't want someone to get a tax break (regardless of reason).

who, other than you, cares? you're nitpicking in a thread started by a moron who was looking to cause a flame war so he can b***h that he's being oppressed for having a moronic, ignorant opinion.

Whivit
Raven
Raven

10 Apr 2008, 5:14 pm

Why does anyone other than me have to care? Since I'm the one that posted, I'm the only one that has to care.

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 5:14 pm

Whivit, biologically, humans are animals. Biologically, certain species of sponge qualify as animals, but I doubt you'd consider one for a housepet.

Legally, however, what differentiates a human from a (legal) animal is sentience - the ability to think abstractly, to reason, and to know "right" from "wrong" (even when mistaken about which is which).

Biologically, the entire argument is moot - biology recognizes no such state as "marriage". Animals mate, that's all. Some mate for prolonged periods, some for a breeding season, some just long enough for one of them to get knocked up (and in some species, that's immediately followed by the death of the male). You might just as well complain that it's "fair" for a dog to sign a mortgage, and be held responsible for its payments, because this is true of a human.

Whivit
Raven
Raven

10 Apr 2008, 5:24 pm

... Wha? I don't want every animal for a pet, no. I don't want a lion or a zebra for a pet, but I don't doubt that they're animals. What kinda logic is that? Plenty of people don't want dogs or cats for pets, or any pets at all--are cats and dogs not animals?

And I'm gonna go ahead and ask you to prove that 'animals' can't think abstractly, reason, and know 'right' from 'wrong', especially since hardly any humans can agree on right from wrong, think reasonably, and many can't think abstractly.
Also, I'm going to ask that you show me where the law differentiates between humans and 'legal' animals, because I find that highly suspect.

I don't really understand your argument about a dog signing a mortgage... Are you saying that all animals are supposed to live the same way? I'm sure I misunderstood that. Obviously dogs aren't gonna sign mortgages, because the issue has never come up--no dog has ever needed a mortgage.

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 5:25 pm

To be quite honest. Legalize beastiality, I have no problem for destroying all those BS standards.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 5:25 pm

I'm gonna play liberal logic all the way in this thread, just to show how far it goes and how ridiculous it gets. :)

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 5:27 pm

MysteryFan3 wrote:
On a slightly more serious note, sexual relations with an animal would expose human and animal to species-specific disease organisms. This would allow the organisms to mutate and become infectious to both species. Of course, the survivors would have extremely strong immune systems to pass along - if they can reproduce.

IIRC, the dieases can't spread due to that. But I'm not sure. I remember reading something on Dolphin Zoophilia related to that.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 5:28 pm

Whivit wrote:
... Wha? I don't want every animal for a pet, no. I don't want a lion or a zebra for a pet, but I don't doubt that they're animals. What kinda logic is that? Plenty of people don't want dogs or cats for pets, or any pets at all--are cats and dogs not animals?

And I'm gonna go ahead and ask you to prove that 'animals' can't think abstractly, reason, and know 'right' from 'wrong', especially since hardly any humans can agree on right from wrong, think reasonably, and many can't think abstractly.
Also, I'm going to ask that you show me where the law differentiates between humans and 'legal' animals, because I find that highly suspect.

I don't really understand your argument about a dog signing a mortgage... Are you saying that all animals are supposed to live the same way? I'm sure I misunderstood that. Obviously dogs aren't gonna sign mortgages, because the issue has never come up--no dog has ever needed a mortgage.

troll. ignore this guy, he's just looking to cause problems.

ford_prefects_kid
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 5:28 pm

^^

And no dog has ever needed to join itself to a homo sapien, through the act of marriage to express its eternal love, commitment and devotion to a lifetime partner.

This thread is stupid. And so is picking at the semantics involved. The animal/human argument is on the same level of Monty Python's "men have the RIGHT to have babies" debate in Life of Brian.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 5:29 pm

Ragtime wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
marriage is a legal contract. animals cannot own property, take custody of kids, need to make hospital visits, and many other things that are included in the marriage contract.

Oh, pish-tosh! What cop-outs! Why can't animals own property, take care of kids, etc? What a gip for them that they aren't allowed to (yet)! Animals can go to special pet resorts, inherit money from crazy old ladies, wear specially made clothes, they communicate naturally and easily with humans, and they even defend little kids from danger. It's discrimination!

my god you dumb bastard...
gay people are humans
like you or anyone else
who they feel attracted to shouldn't matter
they're human!!
what is wrong with this world? we turn our backs on our own species
they're human like you-and deserve every right you have!
just because your dumb ass ways don't like them doesn't mean you get to under mind and deny them happiness and every chance in life you have
who someone goes to bed with shouldn't dictate what sort of life they live

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 5:30 pm

Ragtime wrote:
I'm gonna play liberal logic all the way in this thread, just to show how far it goes and how ridiculous it gets. :)

I don't speak for everyone.

But it's only "ridiculous" because it violated the established social norms; the mainstream is 'uncomfortable' around this topic, it is a taboo in this society currently, hence why it's "ridiculous"

ever notice that when people attack taboos the main argument the other person whips out is "It's sick" or "it's disgusting" or "you sick f**k"? It's because they have no legitimate argument often and result to "wisdom of repugancy" crap.

Whivit
Raven
Raven

10 Apr 2008, 5:32 pm

skafather84 wrote:
Whivit wrote:

Wow, what a way to ignore everything I said. -_- I'm not looking to cause any 'problems'. You people really do love to throw insults around, don't you?

If you would actually like to argue about what I said rather than disregarding it and insulting me instead, please do.

(Also, I am not a guy.)

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 5:38 pm

Whivit wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
Whivit wrote:

Wow, what a way to ignore everything I said. -_- I'm not looking to cause any 'problems'. You people really do love to throw insults around, don't you?

If you would actually like to argue about what I said rather than disregarding it and insulting me instead, please do.

(Also, I am not a guy.)

i didn't mean to imply gender.

and troll isn't an insult. it's someone looking for a (negative) response. many people love being trolls like, for example, ragtime.

start your own thread. i'd rather not have this idiocy* be perpetuated any longer.

* this bestiality thread, not your obsession with nitpicking semantics.

Whivit
Raven
Raven

10 Apr 2008, 5:41 pm

Dude, nitpicking semantics is an AS thing. Get used to it.

And I'm not arguing bestiality at all. I was arguing the definition of animal. I'm not going to bother arguing bestiality.