Republicans (or conservatives) and Democrats (or libs)

Page 4 of 7 [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next


Who works?
I'm a Democrat or liberal, and I work full-time. 39%  39%  [ 9 ]
I'm a Democrat or liberal, and I don't work full-time. 22%  22%  [ 5 ]
I'm a Republican or conservative, and I work full-time. 13%  13%  [ 3 ]
I'm a Republican or conservative, and I don't work full-time. 26%  26%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 23

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Mar 2006
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,848
Location: New Orleans, LA

15 May 2008, 12:59 pm

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
I am not whining at all. I just noted that skafather stated that he felt like you would include him as a liberal because he dislikes your conservative views strongly, and Orwell mentioned that he was a registered Republican. And I am doing this to make sense of the issue. Frankly, I have no personal problem with your poll at all, I just think that it could have been done better. If you want to just be a jerk, go ahead, you may as well alienate everyone anyway.


*also registered republican*



Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Nov 2006
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,927
Location: Dallas, Texas

15 May 2008, 1:28 pm

CityAsylum wrote:
You routinely classify Dems as Liberals, and Republicans as Conservatives, and your poll has no validity whatsoever


That's right, Republicans aren't conservative and Democrats aren't liberal.

:roll:

This is classic liberal thinking -- one subject at a time, they eventually claim not to know the actual identity of anything at all.

Everything's relative. 2 + 2 does not equal 4 to a liberal.
Rather, they think that a sincere effort needs to be made to weigh the opinions of those who disagree with 2 + 2 = 4.

If it sounds like I'm saying that liberals have muddled thinking, you're red-hot.


_________________
Christianity is different than Judaism only in people's minds -- not in the Bible.


skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Mar 2006
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,848
Location: New Orleans, LA

15 May 2008, 1:46 pm

Ragtime wrote:
Everything's relative. 2 + 2 does not equal 4 to a liberal.
Rather, they think that a sincere effort needs to be made to weigh the opinions of those who disagree with 2 + 2 = 4.



appeal to logic from someone claiming ID without presenting any real proofs or theories or anything to contradict evolution.



CityAsylum
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Jan 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,190
Location: New York City

15 May 2008, 1:49 pm

Ragtime wrote:
If it sounds like I'm saying that liberals have muddled thinking, you're red-hot.
Actually, it doesn't sound like you are saying anything at all, since basically what you do is spew illogical rhetoric. :lol:

There, there - we understand your poor little emotionally wrung out Republican soul. After all, it has been a hard eight years being the water boy for George W. Bush and all, huh? Plus, you've got all that blood on your hands from the ongoing slaughter in Iraq. Poor old Ragtime, boo hoo hoo. :wink:



Phagocyte
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Oct 2007
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,757

15 May 2008, 1:54 pm

Ragtime wrote:
If it sounds like I'm saying that liberals have muddled thinking, you're red-hot.


There's enough muddled thinking on both sides, actually, which is why I'm a moderate.


_________________
Un-ban Chever! Viva La Revolucion!


Last edited by Phagocyte on 15 May 2008, 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Nov 2006
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,927
Location: Dallas, Texas

15 May 2008, 1:54 pm

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
I am not whining at all. I just noted that skafather stated that he felt like you would include him as a liberal because he dislikes your conservative views strongly, and Orwell mentioned that he was a registered Republican. And I am doing this to make sense of the issue. Frankly, I have no personal problem with your poll at all, I just think that it could have been done better. If you want to just be a jerk, go ahead, you may as well alienate everyone anyway.


You come off very disingenuous. "Frankly, I have no personal problem with your poll at all"
is completely and obviously false, for instance.


_________________
Christianity is different than Judaism only in people's minds -- not in the Bible.


Phagocyte
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Oct 2007
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,757

15 May 2008, 2:22 pm

It's pretty hilarious how this whole thread backfired. :lol:

Damn you all you lazy hippies you!


_________________
Un-ban Chever! Viva La Revolucion!


CityAsylum
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Jan 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,190
Location: New York City

15 May 2008, 2:25 pm

Yeah, lucky I have a heroic Republican Conservative like Rags to pay my bills for me! :lol:



Phagocyte
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Oct 2007
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,757

15 May 2008, 2:44 pm

CityAsylum wrote:
Yeah, lucky I have a heroic Republican Conservative like Rags to pay my bills for me! :lol:


Meet me in the back of my VW bus. Doobies for everybody! 8) :lol:


_________________
Un-ban Chever! Viva La Revolucion!


skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Mar 2006
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,848
Location: New Orleans, LA

15 May 2008, 2:47 pm

Phagocyte wrote:
Doobies for everybody! 8) :lol:



i've got a script for it. 8)



CityAsylum
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Jan 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,190
Location: New York City

15 May 2008, 2:54 pm

Wow, I'd love to join you, but I'm OUT OF MONEY, because I'm not a Conservative!

Hey Ragsy, can you reach into your Republican pocket and dig out some of my tax money so that I can buy some DOPE? :lol:



Phagocyte
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Oct 2007
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,757

15 May 2008, 2:56 pm

CityAsylum wrote:
Wow, I'd love to join you, but I'm OUT OF MONEY, because I'm not a Conservative!

Hey Ragsy, can you reach into your Republican pocket and dig out some of my tax money so that I can buy some DOPE? :lol:


Why not panhandle or steal? We lack strong morals, remember? :lol:


_________________
Un-ban Chever! Viva La Revolucion!


CityAsylum
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Jan 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,190
Location: New York City

15 May 2008, 2:57 pm

Phagocyte wrote:
CityAsylum wrote:
Wow, I'd love to join you, but I'm OUT OF MONEY, because I'm not a Conservative!

Hey Ragsy, can you reach into your Republican pocket and dig out some of my tax money so that I can buy some DOPE? :lol:


Why not panhandle or steal? We lack strong morals, remember? :lol:

Wait, you're right! - why stop there when we could KILL? :lol:



Last edited by CityAsylum on 15 May 2008, 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phagocyte
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Oct 2007
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,757

15 May 2008, 2:59 pm

CityAsylum wrote:
Phagocyte wrote:
CityAsylum wrote:
Wow, I'd love to join you, but I'm OUT OF MONEY, because I'm not a Conservative!

Hey Ragsy, can you reach into your Republican pocket and dig out some of my tax money so that I can buy some DOPE? :lol:


Why not panhandle or steal? We lack strong morals, remember? :lol:

Wait, why stop there when we could KILL? :lol:


But I thought we only killed fetuses! :lol:


_________________
Un-ban Chever! Viva La Revolucion!


CityAsylum
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Jan 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,190
Location: New York City

15 May 2008, 3:01 pm

Omigod - it must be all that dope and unemployed slothfulness dulling my brain. I forgot about the thousands of fetuses I killed this week! 8O



Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Nov 2006
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,927
Location: Dallas, Texas

15 May 2008, 3:05 pm

CityAsylum wrote:
well know. The only difference between you and Limbaugh is that he actually gets paid


Well, there are many more differences between him and me than that -- some of which I'm grateful for -- but I thank you for the compliment.


_________________
Christianity is different than Judaism only in people's minds -- not in the Bible.


Last edited by Ragtime on 15 May 2008, 4:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.