Republicans (or conservatives) and Democrats (or libs)

Page 7 of 7 [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Who works?
I'm a Democrat or liberal, and I work full-time. 39%  39%  [ 9 ]
I'm a Democrat or liberal, and I don't work full-time. 22%  22%  [ 5 ]
I'm a Republican or conservative, and I work full-time. 13%  13%  [ 3 ]
I'm a Republican or conservative, and I don't work full-time. 26%  26%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 23

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2008, 9:44 pm

Fred2670 wrote:
I have enough power (money) on a
personal level to contol my own destiny.

I would however, and do on occasion,
take part in group settings where the
goal is promoting the common good
and overcoming the bonds witch are
intended to subdue us.

To some extent, nobody has absolute power. Ok.

Speckles
Toucan
Toucan

16 May 2008, 12:12 am

One thing I would like to know is why do people
type like this? I don't see that value in messing
up the flow of reading by having lines cut off
part way. Is is supposed to be poetic?

Anyways, I'm a full-time student and I just got a full time job for the summer. In my view I'm liberal, but peers have accused me of being conservative, mostly because I actually view free trade as a good thing when used properly. How ever, I'm Canadian, so I'm pretty sure I'd be pretty liberal by Ragtime's standards.

All I can say is that universal medicare is awesome, plus the fact that I don't have to work myself half to death to afford post-secondary. 8)

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2008, 12:33 am

Speckles wrote:
One thing I would like to know is why do people
type like this? I don't see that value in messing
up the flow of reading by having lines cut off
part way. Is is supposed to be poetic?

Well, it really helps if you are trying to make a haiku.

Quote:
Anyways, I'm a full-time student and I just got a full time job for the summer. In my view I'm liberal, but peers have accused me of being conservative, mostly because I actually view free trade as a good thing when used properly. How ever, I'm Canadian, so I'm pretty sure I'd be pretty liberal by Ragtime's standards.

Probably by Raggy's standards. I find it strange how many people hate free trade, I am not denying that it has a negative impact on certain wages, but so does a lot of technology, but few people stand up for the luddites.

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2008, 12:37 am

For some reason I assumed Raggy was Fred2670 due to the way they post, like in a poetic manner.

I've said it before, I'm radical centrist. I am conservative socially but liberal economically to an extent, while some of my ideas can be considered a bit fascist. 8O

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2008, 12:53 am

oscuria wrote:
For some reason I assumed Raggy was Fred2670 due to the way they post, like in a poetic manner.

I've said it before, I'm radical centrist. I am conservative socially but liberal economically to an extent, while some of my ideas can be considered a bit fascist. 8O

No, I never assumed that. They have very different content. Both have a populist streak, but Raggy is very conservative and Fred 2670 is a plain old populist.

Right, and I would probably hate your every position.

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2008, 1:03 am

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
oscuria wrote:

No, I never assumed that. They have very different content. Both have a populist streak, but Raggy is very conservative and Fred 2670 is a plain old populist.

Right, and I would probably hate your every position.

But it doesn't stop raggy from having a trolling side. Not saying its true but just their similarities in sentencing was something i noticed.

Nah, you'd love Flan day.

Speckles
Toucan
Toucan

16 May 2008, 1:05 am

I want to hear these facist ideas - politics is all about disagreeing with one another. Preferably in a friendly way. :P

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2008, 1:12 am

Speckles wrote:
I want to hear these facist ideas - politics is all about disagreeing with one another. Preferably in a friendly way. :P

Well, Im going by the belief that fascism is about order. I would like more order from the people in following laws/rules with heavy punishments for those that don't. Of course these are applicable to those that involve people while I feel individual privacy should be respected. I really don't have sympathy for identity thieves and people who drive without insurance. I've been a victim of both. Honestly, I feel people who drive without insurance should be jailed or not allowed to drive anymore. Then again these examples aren't truly fascist.

Fred2670
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 May 2008, 2:35 am

I am not a populist
Im a nationalist

and

Out in the country past the city limits sign
Well there's a honky tonk near the county line
The joint starts jumpin everynight when the sun goes down
They got whiskey women music & smoke
It's where all the country folk go to boot scootin' boogie

I've got a good job I work hard for my money
When it's quittin time I hit the door runnin'
I fire up my pickup truck & let the horses run
I go flyin' down that highway to that hide-a-way
Stuck out in the woods to do the boot scootin' boogie

Yeah, heel, toe, docie doe come on baby let's go boot scootin
Cadilac black jack, baby meet me outback we're gonna boogie
Oh get down, turn around go to town boot scootin' boogie

The bartender asks me says son what'll it be
I want a shot at that redhead yonder lookin' at me
The dance floors hoppin' & it's hotter than the fourth of July
I see outlaws, inlaws crooks & straights all out makin' it shake
Doin' the boot scootin' boogie

Yeah, heel, toe, docie doe come on baby let's go boot scootin
Cadilac black jack, baby meet me outback we're gonna boogie
Oh get down, turn around go to town boot scootin' boogie

(pure poetry)

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2008, 2:41 am

Fred2670 wrote:
I am not a populist
Im a nationalist

Well, nationalist is very poorly defined. Most people want good for their nation, so what distinguishes that ideology from others? Nothing as nationalism is only a counterpart to the foreign policy ideology of internationalism.

Fred2670
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 May 2008, 7:20 am

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
Well, nationalist is very poorly defined..

http://www.nationalistpartyusa.com/Platform.htm

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2008, 9:45 am

Fred2670 wrote:
Awesomelyglorious wrote:
Well, nationalist is very poorly defined..

http://www.nationalistpartyusa.com/Platform.htm

Wow, I haven't heard of them, and neither has wiki. The overall party slant though seems populist, and that is probably why they took the name "Nationalist party".

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2008, 12:42 pm

I'm a full-on liberal who just registered as a Democrat.

I also am a student who will be graduating in June.

Fred2670
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 May 2008, 3:11 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
I'm a full-on liberal who just registered as a Democrat.

I think thats great

I am also registered democrat
(dems being the lesser of the two evils)

I believe at this point it is better to cut the head off the snake and start over than continue on this path of destruction that was forged for us by the most corrupt administration in the history of the United States. It is hard for me to even fathom the insatiable greed necessary to sell out the American middle class (the heart and soul of this country) to the interests of the top 5%. It was all done disguised as "capitalism" with the excuse, "If the public is too stupid to know any better.. why should we care?". It makes me sick.

Obama is a joke but less of one than the alternative. When he gets in office I pray that he doesnt reconcile with these monsters or embrace the bipartisanship that was not extended to democrats during the last 8 years. The time will have finally come for some payback. Tax them, tax them again and then tax them some more. Its time they moved more than their companies overseas. Its time they moved themselves and their families too. Anyone who would purposely sabotage hard working Americans to line their pockets is a traitor and should be dealt with as such.

Sargon
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 May 2008, 7:10 pm

The poll should probably have included salary and hourly wages options. Many people who earn $7/hour and work full time pretty much get all their taxes back, whereas most salaried people do not. Also, most of the middle class today is salaried, so you may get more interesting results.

As for the options given, I don't really identify with either, but I picked conservative since they tend to have better economic policies relative to liberals (of course both are less than ideal).

Quote:
Obama is a joke but less of one than the alternative. When he gets in office I pray that he doesnt reconcile with these monsters or embrace the bipartisanship that was not extended to democrats during the last 8 years. The time will have finally come for some payback. Tax them, tax them again and then tax them some more. Its time they moved more than their companies overseas. Its time they moved themselves and their families too. Anyone who would purposely sabotage hard working Americans to line their pockets is a traitor and should be dealt with as such.

So...do you favor some sort of mob rule style/ Robespierreian government (tax or deport those who disagree with you). Also, it is not at all clear that the middle class has been "sold out" in any sort of way (provide an example if you can...), seems to be mostly rhetoric to get people like Obama elected.