Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2018, 11:05 am

While Mark suggests that this was happening a lot before 1979 it does sound like something rather unique in recent history could be happening (correct me if I'm wrong) - ie. no majority vote. Sounds like Five Star is getting cemented in and will likely be dealing with whatever congeals.

Any thoughts?

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2018, 11:23 am

M5S and one of the centre-right coalition partners?

Ah, no. M5S say they would ally with the centre-left PD.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2018, 11:32 am

The Five Star Movement seems like a very good political movement and I hope that they achieve great things. They are a populist anti-corruption movement. The whole world needs more of that sort of thing.

I guess this demonstrates that not all critics of the European Union are nutcases. It seems like there are some people who hate the EU for purely xenophobic reasons, but the Five Star Movement seems to be very good at criticizing the EU on progressive grounds.

I also admire their support of E-democracy. They seem to recognize something that many political people do not recognize. Social and political evolution are driven by technological growth.

We shouldn't have absolute faith in E-democracy, but we should cautiously take it for a spin to see what happens. It's a social experiment worth trying.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/