Page 2 of 6 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next


Do you support gay marriage?
Yes, I support gay marriage. 77%  77%  [ 86 ]
No, I don't believe in gay marriage. 12%  12%  [ 13 ]
I'm not sure. 3%  3%  [ 3 ]
I don't support marriage PERIOD. 8%  8%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 111

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Jul 2008
Age: 56
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,884
Location: Victoria, Australia

26 Nov 2008, 3:56 pm

Chaotica wrote:
your attitude to me is really strange! Why don't you just deal with it and leave me alone at last?


Not really all that strange you are openly homophobic on an internet discussion forum. You post your 'cause its my opinion' without any attempt to justify it. And yes you should justify it this is after all a discusion forum and if you read others posts their opinions are nearly always justified.

There are many opinions that I do not like on this forum but the holder has explained why so that is good enough. Myself I have been hauled over the coals by the likes of AG to get to the bottom of a belief that I hold. If you continue to post your homophobia without explanation I will continue to ask you why.


_________________
"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance anyday"
Douglas Adams

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx


Chaotica
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Age: 38
Gender: Female
Posts: 714
Location: Hyperborea, buried under the ice and snow

26 Nov 2008, 6:13 pm

DentArthurDent wrote:
Chaotica wrote:
your attitude to me is really strange! Why don't you just deal with it and leave me alone at last?


Not really all that strange you are openly homophobic on an internet discussion forum. You post your 'cause its my opinion' without any attempt to justify it. And yes you should justify it this is after all a discusion forum and if you read others posts their opinions are nearly always justified.

There are many opinions that I do not like on this forum but the holder has explained why so that is good enough. Myself I have been hauled over the coals by the likes of AG to get to the bottom of a belief that I hold. If you continue to post your homophobia without explanation I will continue to ask you why.

I tried to explain a hundred times, but honestly, you seem to be chasing me and never read attentively. if you don't accept my explanations I don't mind. I post "'cause it's my opinion" 'cause it really is and those who are curious about it should read not only the last posts but the previous ones as well.
I don't understand why you make polls and topics if the number of free thinkers should be limited to zero. add "for the supporters only" to the titles then and the only one "yes" option to the poll, so different opinions will not confuse you.


_________________
in case i do not feel like showin' up...


flutter
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Jun 2008
Age: 45
Gender: Female
Posts: 575

26 Nov 2008, 7:30 pm

Chaotica wrote:
DentArthurDent wrote:
Chaotica wrote:
your attitude to me is really strange! Why don't you just deal with it and leave me alone at last?


Not really all that strange you are openly homophobic on an internet discussion forum. You post your 'cause its my opinion' without any attempt to justify it. And yes you should justify it this is after all a discusion forum and if you read others posts their opinions are nearly always justified.

There are many opinions that I do not like on this forum but the holder has explained why so that is good enough. Myself I have been hauled over the coals by the likes of AG to get to the bottom of a belief that I hold. If you continue to post your homophobia without explanation I will continue to ask you why.

I tried to explain a hundred times, but honestly, you seem to be chasing me and never read attentively. if you don't accept my explanations I don't mind. I post "'cause it's my opinion" 'cause it really is and those who are curious about it should read not only the last posts but the previous ones as well.
I don't understand why you make polls and topics if the number of free thinkers should be limited to zero. add "for the supporters only" to the titles then and the only one "yes" option to the poll, so different opinions will not confuse you.


well, it wouldn't be a discussion board if we weren't trying to convince each other of something. I'm not exactly sure what one would gain out of a discussion forum such as this if one had no desire to engage in debate.

That said, I have a fairly lengthy reply to you back a page, please respond to that one.



Chaotica
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Age: 38
Gender: Female
Posts: 714
Location: Hyperborea, buried under the ice and snow

26 Nov 2008, 7:35 pm

flutter wrote:
And, your opinion matters because you are representative of those folks in california who voted to discriminate based on sexual orientation.
Because if I influence you today, you in turn influence someone else tomorrow.

I'm not from California, thanks for high estimation of my skills in English.
I'm not influenced by anyone but by life itself.
Signing off this thread.


_________________
in case i do not feel like showin' up...


NocturnalQuilter
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Oct 2008
Age: 52
Gender: Male
Posts: 937

26 Nov 2008, 7:52 pm

twoshots wrote:
Well, the problem with marriage is that it is a glorified legal contract. Instead of giving gay couples more, I think we should give every other couple less.


OK, I'll bite:
What rights should be recinded?



flutter
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Jun 2008
Age: 45
Gender: Female
Posts: 575

26 Nov 2008, 8:27 pm

Chaotica wrote:
flutter wrote:
And, your opinion matters because you are representative of those folks in california who voted to discriminate based on sexual orientation.
Because if I influence you today, you in turn influence someone else tomorrow.

I'm not from California, thanks for high estimation of my skills in English.
I'm not influenced by anyone but by life itself.
Signing off this thread.


Translation: I'm ok with peoples civil liberties being trampled because I just don't like gay marriage.

You can run from the thread, but you can't run from being a part of the discrimination.

There's a world of difference from being personally opposed to gay marriage, and actually actively voting/working to deny them the basic civil rights guaranteed to everyone else.

Gay marriage isn't going to force you or your church to suddenly accept gay marriage.

Religious dogma and secular law are not the same thing.

I'll ask you directly, is it ok for the government to provide benefits and rights to part of the population, and deny the same to another group based solely on a characteristic of themselves they have no control over?

Would it be ok if only say.... Jews had the right to bear arms?

How would you feel if you were rushing your new husband to the hospital only to be told you can't stay with him because of your hair color?



twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Nov 2007
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,731
Location: Boötes void

26 Nov 2008, 11:53 pm

NocturnalQuilter wrote:
twoshots wrote:
Well, the problem with marriage is that it is a glorified legal contract. Instead of giving gay couples more, I think we should give every other couple less.


OK, I'll bite:
What rights should be recinded?

Ditch the whole thing I say. You want an arrangement, that should be entirely doable in the context of a legal contract. Anything that can't be done in that context isn't a right and shouldn't exist.


_________________
* here for the nachos.


DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Jul 2008
Age: 56
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,884
Location: Victoria, Australia

27 Nov 2008, 3:22 am

Chaotica wrote:
I tried to explain a hundred times, but honestly, you seem to be chasing me and never read attentively.


Slightly paranoid, you just post in topics that I have an interest in and generally with the opposite view


_________________
"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance anyday"
Douglas Adams

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx


slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Feb 2008
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,430
Location: Ontario, Canada

27 Nov 2008, 3:32 am

DentArthurDent wrote:
Chaotica wrote:
your attitude to me is really strange! Why don't you just deal with it and leave me alone at last?


Not really all that strange you are openly homophobic on an internet discussion forum. You post your 'cause its my opinion' without any attempt to justify it. And yes you should justify it this is after all a discusion forum and if you read others posts their opinions are nearly always justified.

There are many opinions that I do not like on this forum but the holder has explained why so that is good enough. Myself I have been hauled over the coals by the likes of AG to get to the bottom of a belief that I hold. If you continue to post your homophobia without explanation I will continue to ask you why.


Homophobia =/= Repulsed by Anal Sex

Homophobia = Genuine Fear

There people who just don't like the thought of anal sex, myself included. This does not make us bigots. I can respect the fact that you like anal sex. I can respect that you are homosexual. And I'm all for gay marriage, as I've previously stated. Not everyone on God's green earth is mad for anal sex. It's not a judgement, it's not anything personal. Please understand.



DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Jul 2008
Age: 56
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,884
Location: Victoria, Australia

27 Nov 2008, 3:59 am

Please Please tell me that you are joking. I know several homosexuals that are repulsed by anal sex, and I do not know that many lesbians that engage in this practice, I have had anal sex with a woman so in your definition does that make me homosexual.

Merriam - Webster Homophobia
: irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals
— ho·mo·pho·bic Listen to the pronunciation of homophobic \-ˈfō-bik\ adjective

Homosexual
1 : of, relating to, or characterized by a tendency to direct sexual desire toward another of the same sex
2 : of, relating to, or involving sexual intercourse between persons of the same sex


Sexual Intercourse
physical sexual contact between individuals that involves the genitalia of at least one person


_________________
"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance anyday"
Douglas Adams

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx


slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Feb 2008
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,430
Location: Ontario, Canada

27 Nov 2008, 4:10 am

DentArthurDent wrote:
Please Please tell me that you are joking. I know several homosexuals that are repulsed by anal sex, and I do not know that many lesbians that engage in this practice, I have had anal sex with a woman so in your definition does that make me homosexual.

Merriam - Webster Homophobia
: irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals
— ho·mo·pho·bic Listen to the pronunciation of homophobic \-ˈfō-bik\ adjective

Homosexual
1 : of, relating to, or characterized by a tendency to direct sexual desire toward another of the same sex
2 : of, relating to, or involving sexual intercourse between persons of the same sex


Sexual Intercourse
physical sexual contact between individuals that involves the genitalia of at least one person


So what are you saying? That I'm some kind of bad person for not wanting a dick in my ass? That must be it, huh?

*vomits*



LostInEmulation
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Age: 38
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,047
Location: Ireland, dreaming of Germany

27 Nov 2008, 4:24 am

I do not support any marriage -- or rather: I do not see that the state should be anyhow included. If someone wants a religious ceremony, fine, but I do not see why it should translate to tax benefits and similar advantages.


_________________
I am not a native speaker. Please contact me if I made grammatical mistakes in the posting above.

Penguins cannot fly because what cannot fly cannot crash!


DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Jul 2008
Age: 56
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,884
Location: Victoria, Australia

27 Nov 2008, 4:50 am

slowmutant wrote:

So what are you saying? That I'm some kind of bad person for not wanting a dick in my ass? That must be it, huh?

*vomits*


OMG you really dont get it do you, READ THE f*****g DEFINITIONS.

According to you because my partner let me have anal sex with her she is a homosexual.


_________________
"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance anyday"
Douglas Adams

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx


slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Feb 2008
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,430
Location: Ontario, Canada

27 Nov 2008, 7:36 am

DentArthurDent wrote:
slowmutant wrote:

So what are you saying? That I'm some kind of bad person for not wanting a dick in my ass? That must be it, huh?

*vomits*


OMG you really dont get it do you, READ THE f***ing DEFINITIONS.

According to you because my partner let me have anal sex with her she is a homosexual.


Are you & your partner of the opposite sex? Look, I really don't have anything against you personally. I don't you from Adam. You and your partner can do whatever you want in the bedroom as far as I'm concerned. If it were up to me, you'd be able to do what ever you want as homosexuals, anything that we heterosexuals take for granted. We could all coexist if only we didn't keep stepping on each other's toes.



flutter
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Jun 2008
Age: 45
Gender: Female
Posts: 575

27 Nov 2008, 10:27 am

SM = You're either not reading dent's post, or you're deliberately playing the foil.

Dent is hetero, he's pointing out that not all gay people have anal sex, myself included. Hemorrhoids are a b***h.

Homophobia isn't a fear of the act, it's discrimination against people.

However, I appreciate your support



slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Feb 2008
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,430
Location: Ontario, Canada

27 Nov 2008, 10:37 am

Quote:
Homophobia isn't a fear of the act, it's discrimination against people


No, in my case it's not discrimination against people but an utter disdain for the act of sodomy itself. How can I make that more clear? A person is not a sex act. I don't believe you can reduce a person down to his or her favoured mode of intercourse. You are more than your preferred method of sex, aren't you flutter? I know I am.