On the topic of the President's speach on 12/18

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

KingChaosNinja
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Dec 2005, 12:03 am

I thought that this was important. considering how this was only the 3rd time the President had addressed the nation from the Oval Office. This is because he tends to do speaches durring the day when most people work. I hav some major issues with the way many things were phrased in this most recent speach. First of all he made the deduction that the terrorism can not be the result of sending troops to Iraq and Afganistan because the terroists attacked first on 9/11. So therefor doing nothihng is the wrong answer and thus sending troops is the only right anwer. But this line of reasoning completely relies completly on military force and neglects diplomacy. We can't just rely on one or the other.

*I picked this username 4 years ago when I was in high school. Don't hold it against me.

SB2
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2005, 12:19 am

spin

SB2
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2005, 12:28 am

You have come to know me better than that. One word for crimany sakes, not my style.

By all rights his argument does flow with reasonable grace.

Because we cannot use diplomacy with an enemy we cannot see.

But i wonder why we are still in Iraq.

And i wonder about the timing of his speech.

Didn't Iraq just have a free democratic election. Didn't Bush's choice win office. Game over, it would seem. But there's too much black gold that needs to by watched over.

I wonder if his speech wasn't more than a feable attempt to show the citizens that he still has all his marbles. You must consider the major decline in his approval rating (like he needs or cares about approval anyway), since the New Orleans Fiasco.

I think there are alot of relevant meanings to the speech. First and foremost is spin.

Now if i can reason the reason for the need for spin.

In all likelyhood he is setting up some future agenda. Conditioning us into acceptance prior to the actual act.l Whatever it is, i am forced to think, at this point, that it is probably evil.