Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Goose
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Dec 2008, 9:06 pm

I am an Apsie. I struggle with feelings of loniness and alienation and feeling unloved around Chrismas time. I am a converted Christian, and I do not have a Christian family (Jewish family) and Christians make Chrismas all about the family. I oftentimes feel left out. Do yous struggle social-emotionally during this time? Do you feel lonely, hurt, unloved or left out? What is your coping mechicism during this time?

Magnus
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2008, 11:56 pm

Let's have a Christmas party here.

-Pythagoras

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2008, 12:33 am

Uhhhhh......I just look at it as a pagan holiday, I mean no one knows when Jesus was born. Also it started off as a pagan tradition. Christianity incorporated this tradition into the birth of Jesus.

Besides that, I just see it as a tradition whether good or bad it's an excuse to celebrate or whatever.

Anyway....I would normally get the bubbles and spirits because of all the relatives and people whom I have trouble socializing with..... :drunken:

Only I don't do that anymore...... :(

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2008, 9:40 am

That Christmassy time of year topic

I like being with my kids at Christmas, but before I had my younger ones, I would volunteer at a shelter for homeless people, serving the festive dinner. This was a nice Christmassy thing to do, and I felt good about it. Aspie Assistance!

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

Maditude
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2008, 9:47 am

I struggle during Christmas because everybody I know seems to get hung up in the commercialization of Christmas and the decorating. I like meeting the family and have a good time.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

20 Dec 2008, 2:18 pm

i dont know why or how people can be depressed during the holidays. why with all the chrismas songs, people baking cookies with snow on the ground, gifts and charlie brown christmas specials on tv! i love christmas. :D

Loreic
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Dec 2008, 2:24 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
Uhhhhh......I just look at it as a pagan holiday, I mean no one knows when Jesus was born. Also it started off as a pagan tradition

Aye! The time we all give thanks to the great Sun God Sol so that he may help us get through winter's darkness! :P

Oh, and it's thought he was born sometime during the summer.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2008, 2:28 pm

^Yeah I heard it was June I think.