Page 5 of 7 [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2009, 6:10 pm

v0lume wrote:
slowmutant wrote:
Kilroy wrote:
and so I should be so accepting of everyone?
even if they ridicule me every chance they get?

not gonna happen!
plus christians deserve a little payback after all those witches they burned!

Payback? :roll: The Salem witch-trials were a little before your time. How can you think that had anything to do with you?

Ugh! Slow! ... How very low... I'm shocked well coming from a christian maybe not but still. The "witch" trials were a mere scratch on the surface of their world of evil deeds. (Not to mention that people claimed others were witches just because they didn't like them, hardly anyone who actually practiced magic/paganism for real became victimized. (*Kilroy does a dance*=p)Look further back in history, and what happened to OUR (yours too if you are Aryan) ancestors! And for other races, their ancestors weren't affected until later and not as brutally (at one point they decided to play the innocent outright) but what I'm saying is christ will never have a positive influence on mankind, and it never has. I've posted COUNTLESS of times about the way this disease has become so popular, and exactly how disgusting it really was, but people keep saying "oh, but that happened a long time ago that doesn't count". YES it does! It's what your beliefs are made out of, and maybe instead of telling others to "accept everyone" you will notice that is the last thing on a typical christians mind. I'll say right out no I don't accept everyone, and I'm not afraid to point that out about myself because I'm not a christian, I'm not a lier to myself or anyone. Trust me, my parents tried to get me into it when I was little and I have met every kind of christian there is, and I can't say that I could appreciate any of them.
Reason #1: They are a constant reminder of the reason the culture and beliefs of MY ancestors is becoming extinct (Europe is dying) because of their arrogence and deciet that has and will always remain with them. Also muslims are starting to jump on the invasion bandwagon too (I fear my folk may not have a chance from getting taken over). Speaking of reminders, I had an extremely hard time with my family because I decided to not be christian when I was younger, so countless sleepless nights is not something I want to be reminded of either.
Reason #2: Trying to be friends with them is obnoxious! Even when they do bring up their beliefs it makes me cringe simply because both of us know it's holding them back from living life fully, but sadly only one of us knows that it's inhumane.
Reason #3: Let's say I'm not trying to make friends with one, hell, they will annoy the crap out of you anyway! If they are talking to you directly or not, you always get hypocritical arrogence thrown in your face. My most hated as of late being the "everyone is wrong so we have to save them" attitude. Jahova's witnesses maybe aren't traditional christians but f**k! For the millionth time I don't want to join you! Get off my property before I call the cops you scum.
Reason #4: They have WAY too much of an influence on the government and decisions made by them and lesser forms of it, and way too much of an influence over media. It's almost impossible to start watching a show on tv that seems really interesting at first that doesn't eventually turn out to be something with a christian message in it. Also, to become president, hell basically all you have to say is "I'm christian" plus some other things that people complain about and the votes flow into your direction. What if someone said "I'm Slavic Pagan"? They would get no votes, and ignorent America will call him "commie scum" (dumbasses) and they will vote for the christian one. Everything is UNJUST and BIASED in the christian world.
Reason #5: THEY are the reason we aren't further down the line in our knowledge of science, for COUNTLESS generations scientists have been exicuted or imprisoned for the rest of their lives SIMPLY because they figured out something new, something that would threaten the integrity of the power (and WEALTH) of the CHURCH had over everyone. And if you were a scientist who let something out about your findings, you could count on one of your fellow christians to rat on you and get a pretty penny of appreciation from the head bastard, the POPE HIMSELF!
Reason #6: The fact that since the church lost most of its iron fist does not mean its followers have changed too. People are still believing the same old things and walking the same old walk without ever ACTUALLY bettering themselves. Example 1: All parts of the world that is important to me (and then some) for instance believes that they are more right than everyone else just for the sake of being christian. It's the world wide arrogence that is actually what gets to me the most. See another thing being most of them confuse feelings of love/caring with just being egocentric. (Deep down all they really want is to go to heaven anyway, I've experienced all forms of their deciet so I DO know) Example 2: I have an aunt that said you become a better person when you come out of church, and shes been a nasty b***h ever since I've known her. A good number of the other ones I have met are also like this.
Reason #7: Also they are a huge world wide strangulation of freedom which is another big deal to me. Because practically everyone is christian that means the restrictions of the religion come with it, which is when you look at it CLOSELY, no way to live! Every bit of it is totally inhumane. Do I think there should be rules? Certainly, just not on their terms, like it is with everything because they are so damn "high and mighty" with their little god. It just turns my stomach. Remember, practically the whole WORLD is behaving this way, it's a struggle all of us free thinkers have to deal with every day and we always find ourselves in situation where we have to comply with THEM. There are too many and they are too overwhelming for enough people to resist, it's just wrong, its not because of some divine reason. You should have figured that out by now, even just from what I said so far about the Dark Ages and so on. If you grow up in a christian family and not be exposed anything outside of christianity in the right way for the right amount of time you are doomed to be christian for life. It's simply how the human brain works. If it gets drilled enough, it becomes perminant!
Ha, maybe I should stop on number 7, perhaps as a form of mockery? Plus, need I say more? Because you know I will :)

And well, I guess I feel a little better too, getting all that frustration out.

Edit, well another important thing came to my mind (they pretty much always do), is that they incorperated themselves INTO all other religions in a way to get people to believe in it. Nowadays, a belief in its pure ancient way simply does not exist. There is christian influence riddled within all of them in their attempt to convert, and it's not right at all. They have NO right to do this!

Wow. That was quite a rant.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2009, 10:46 pm

Congrats on your 10,000th post, Slowmutant!

audiobyrne
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Jan 2009, 3:45 pm

Khan_Sama wrote:
The Baha'i faith.

Peace.

Yay! I'm not the only one!

Allah-u-Abha!

"Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes."

-Mahatma Gandhi

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2009, 3:39 pm

I'm Catholic as long as one does NOT convert me to a Jew, Muslim, Hindu, etc. :lol:

I have the highest respect for all religions{some however, are exceptions} because
all religions are the same search for the ultimate truth.

Heartcooksbrain
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jan 2009, 4:25 pm

I use Buddhism as a philosophy. for the most part.

monty
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2009, 4:32 pm

alba wrote:
Advaita Vedanta [brach of Hinduism]
i think god is a divine equation or universal calculation
i like Buddhism too and loved Carradine in that series

The paperback novels were even better - same story as on TV, they went into the philosophy more, as I recall.

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2009, 4:32 am

I have always been a spiritual seeker and this is the only book that satisfies my skeptical nature. For those of you who aren't familiar with ACIM, it is similar to Buddhism in the sense you improve your relationships with your fellow man through improving yourself. Also in Buddhism there is no God whereas there is acknowledgement of a God in ACIM. I guess you could consider ACIM a branch of christianity. ACIM was written in the 1960s and was divinely inspired. It is faster growing than christianity ever was. If anyone is interested in learning more about ACIM, I would suggest reading The Disappearance of the Universe by Gary Renard first.

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2009, 5:42 am

not a religion per se.

i just follow the wind towards the void.

Christine_Rogers
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Feb 2009, 2:06 pm

I'm Pagan too. Mostly b/c that is the only religion/spirituality that I know of that embraces all faiths.

I have the highest respect for all religions{some however, are exceptions} because
all religions are the same search for the ultimate truth.[/quote]

Exactly. :D

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2009, 2:08 pm

How can you have respect for all religions except a few? That's like saying you have respect for all races of people except blacks and Mexicans.

Khan_Sama
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2009, 2:15 pm

audiobyrne wrote:
Khan_Sama wrote:
The Baha'i faith.

Peace.

Yay! I'm not the only one!

Allah-u-Abha!

Allah-u-Abha! :)

I've only recently declared, however. Still quite new to the faith. ^^

blackelk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Feb 2009, 2:16 pm

Jihad is my religion.

8)

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2009, 2:26 pm

blackelk wrote:
Jihad is my religion.

8)

How would you define "jihad?"

a) bloody genocide
b) set up global caliphate
c) personal struggle

Khan_Sama
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2009, 2:41 pm

d) Self-defence

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2009, 2:47 pm

Khan_Sama wrote:
d) Self-defence

A muslim's worst enemy is another muslim.

ruveyn

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2009, 2:55 pm

A Muslim's worst enemy is a Jew ... evidently.