Page 4 of 7 [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2009, 12:01 pm

Quote:
and so I should be so accepting of everyone?

You should try.

Quote:
even if they ridicule me every chance they get?

Welcome to my world.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2009, 12:07 pm

slowmutant wrote:
Kilroy wrote:

not gonna happen!
plus christians deserve a little payback after all those witches they burned!

Payback? :roll: The Salem witch-trials were a little before your time. How can you think that had anything to do with you?

still, christianity has a LOT of blood on its hands, and its high time it took a bit of responsibility

oh and I'll give trying a chance, someone has to give-and it's not gonna be the christians :roll:

Mage
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2009, 12:25 pm

slowmutant wrote:
Kilroy wrote:

not gonna happen!

Payback? :roll: The Salem witch-trials were a little before your time. How can you think that had anything to do with you?

Not sure if you realize this still takes place.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/0 ... itchcraft/

And yes, Papau New Guinea is a predominantly Christian nation.

I don't see anything wrong with Kilroy's measuring a religion by how many people it's killed. I often do the same, categorizing fundamental/extremist Islam/Judaism/Christianity at one end, and Buddhism/Universalist/Bahai at the other end.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2009, 12:37 pm

thank you mage

christianity is a really messed up religion, and i am not bad for not liking something

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2009, 12:37 pm

Quote:
And yes, Papau New Guinea is a predominantly Christian nation.

I don't see anything wrong with Kilroy's measuring a religion by how many people it's killed. I often do the same, categorizing fundamental/extremist Islam/Judaism/Christianity at one end, and Buddhism/Universalist/Bahai at the other end.

That's fine if all you care about is dead people.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2009, 12:45 pm

Kilroy wrote:
thank you mage

christianity is a really messed up religion, and i am not bad for not liking something

Religion in general is pretty messed up. But what would you call me if I didn't like Jews? Or homosexuals?

You have to realize you're a bigot yourself. An anti-Christian bigot.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2009, 12:48 pm

when did i say i wasn't lol
people often assume, those who ridicule think they are perfect or untouchable
i said i am the first to point out my own belief's flaws, and i admit i am far from perfect

protest_the_hero
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2009, 5:16 pm

None! I could go on a long rant about what I think of religion and/or individual religious groups but I won't.
I'm an Atheist. I'm an Anarchist. I'm an Aspie. AAA

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2009, 7:21 pm

I'm happy for you.

v0lume
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Jan 2009, 12:19 am

MissConstrue wrote:
EDIT

@Volume

No you are wrong!

Humans are thetans that were once aliens over a million years ago until Xenu kicked us off and dumped us onto earth.

Lol foiled once again!

Chibi_Neko
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2009, 11:26 am

MissConstrue wrote:
EDIT

@Volume

No you are wrong!

Humans are thetans that were once aliens over a million years ago until Xenu kicked us off and dumped us onto earth.

L. Ron was a science fiction writer, this story was a part of a novel he wrote and not meant to be taken seriously, very much like the bible.

Hubbard himself said that he made up scientology to make money.

just_ben
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Jan 2009, 3:33 pm

I'm a pastafarian.

No, I didn't spell it wrong.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2009, 3:44 pm

Chibi_Neko wrote:
MissConstrue wrote:
EDIT

@Volume

No you are wrong!

L. Ron was a science fiction writer, this story was a part of a novel he wrote and not meant to be taken seriously, very much like the bible.

No matter what you say, I still believe there's truth in it just as Mary Sue Hubbard and other devoted scientologists! :cry:

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2009, 4:17 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
Chibi_Neko wrote:
MissConstrue wrote:
EDIT

@Volume

No you are wrong!

No matter what you say, I still believe there's truth in it just as Mary Sue Hubbard and other devoted scientologists! :cry:

I can respect that.

v0lume
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Jan 2009, 5:26 pm

slowmutant wrote:
Kilroy wrote:

not gonna happen!

Ugh! Slow! ... How very low... I'm shocked well coming from a christian maybe not but still. The "witch" trials were a mere scratch on the surface of their world of evil deeds. (Not to mention that people claimed others were witches just because they didn't like them, hardly anyone who actually practiced magic/paganism for real became victimized. (*Kilroy does a dance*=p)Look further back in history, and what happened to OUR (yours too if you are Aryan) ancestors! And for other races, their ancestors weren't affected until later and not as brutally (at one point they decided to play the innocent outright) but what I'm saying is christ will never have a positive influence on mankind, and it never has. I've posted COUNTLESS of times about the way this disease has become so popular, and exactly how disgusting it really was, but people keep saying "oh, but that happened a long time ago that doesn't count". YES it does! It's what your beliefs are made out of, and maybe instead of telling others to "accept everyone" you will notice that is the last thing on a typical christians mind. I'll say right out no I don't accept everyone, and I'm not afraid to point that out about myself because I'm not a christian, I'm not a lier to myself or anyone. Trust me, my parents tried to get me into it when I was little and I have met every kind of christian there is, and I can't say that I could appreciate any of them.
Reason #1: They are a constant reminder of the reason the culture and beliefs of MY ancestors is becoming extinct (Europe is dying) because of their arrogence and deciet that has and will always remain with them. Also muslims are starting to jump on the invasion bandwagon too (I fear my folk may not have a chance from getting taken over). Speaking of reminders, I had an extremely hard time with my family because I decided to not be christian when I was younger, so countless sleepless nights is not something I want to be reminded of either.
Reason #2: Trying to be friends with them is obnoxious! Even when they do bring up their beliefs it makes me cringe simply because both of us know it's holding them back from living life fully, but sadly only one of us knows that it's inhumane.
Reason #3: Let's say I'm not trying to make friends with one, hell, they will annoy the crap out of you anyway! If they are talking to you directly or not, you always get hypocritical arrogence thrown in your face. My most hated as of late being the "everyone is wrong so we have to save them" attitude. Jahova's witnesses maybe aren't traditional christians but f**k! For the millionth time I don't want to join you! Get off my property before I call the cops you scum.
Reason #4: They have WAY too much of an influence on the government and decisions made by them and lesser forms of it, and way too much of an influence over media. It's almost impossible to start watching a show on tv that seems really interesting at first that doesn't eventually turn out to be something with a christian message in it. Also, to become president, hell basically all you have to say is "I'm christian" plus some other things that people complain about and the votes flow into your direction. What if someone said "I'm Slavic Pagan"? They would get no votes, and ignorent America will call him "commie scum" (dumbasses) and they will vote for the christian one. Everything is UNJUST and BIASED in the christian world.
Reason #5: THEY are the reason we aren't further down the line in our knowledge of science, for COUNTLESS generations scientists have been exicuted or imprisoned for the rest of their lives SIMPLY because they figured out something new, something that would threaten the integrity of the power (and WEALTH) of the CHURCH had over everyone. And if you were a scientist who let something out about your findings, you could count on one of your fellow christians to rat on you and get a pretty penny of appreciation from the head bastard, the POPE HIMSELF!
Reason #6: The fact that since the church lost most of its iron fist does not mean its followers have changed too. People are still believing the same old things and walking the same old walk without ever ACTUALLY bettering themselves. Example 1: All parts of the world that is important to me (and then some) for instance believes that they are more right than everyone else just for the sake of being christian. It's the world wide arrogence that is actually what gets to me the most. See another thing being most of them confuse feelings of love/caring with just being egocentric. (Deep down all they really want is to go to heaven anyway, I've experienced all forms of their deciet so I DO know) Example 2: I have an aunt that said you become a better person when you come out of church, and shes been a nasty b***h ever since I've known her. A good number of the other ones I have met are also like this.
Reason #7: Also they are a huge world wide strangulation of freedom which is another big deal to me. Because practically everyone is christian that means the restrictions of the religion come with it, which is when you look at it CLOSELY, no way to live! Every bit of it is totally inhumane. Do I think there should be rules? Certainly, just not on their terms, like it is with everything because they are so damn "high and mighty" with their little god. It just turns my stomach. Remember, practically the whole WORLD is behaving this way, it's a struggle all of us free thinkers have to deal with every day and we always find ourselves in situation where we have to comply with THEM. There are too many and they are too overwhelming for enough people to resist, it's just wrong, its not because of some divine reason. You should have figured that out by now, even just from what I said so far about the Dark Ages and so on. If you grow up in a christian family and not be exposed anything outside of christianity in the right way for the right amount of time you are doomed to be christian for life. It's simply how the human brain works. If it gets drilled enough, it becomes perminant!
Ha, maybe I should stop on number 7, perhaps as a form of mockery? Plus, need I say more? Because you know I will :)

And well, I guess I feel a little better too, getting all that frustration out.

Edit, well another important thing came to my mind (they pretty much always do), is that they incorperated themselves INTO all other religions in a way to get people to believe in it. Nowadays, a belief in its pure ancient way simply does not exist. There is christian influence riddled within all of them in their attempt to convert, and it's not right at all. They have NO right to do this!

Last edited by v0lume on 17 Jan 2009, 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

history_of_psychiatry
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2009, 5:36 pm

I don't really embrace any particular religion but I lean more towards the pantheistic/pagan side. Still, I respect buddhism, hinduism, and daoism as well. I was raised jewish but never saw the point to a religion that teaches that it is bad to eat pork but good to mutilate an infant's penis.