Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2009, 6:47 pm

Pope launches Vatican on YouTube
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7846446.stm

Clever move. Well, if I'm stuck in the office for the next week and decide to catch a benediction or two I hope my boss doesn't mind the wine and crackers on my desk.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2009, 6:52 pm

wow. how strange. he's pushing the Catholic church back to middle-ages ideology-wise, yet using most modern means...

I bet he'll soon swap his red Pradas for Adidas :roll:

z0rp
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2009, 7:27 pm

Ratings and Comments are disabled for this video.

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2009, 11:24 pm

anna-banana wrote:
wow. how strange. he's pushing the Catholic church back to middle-ages ideology-wise, yet using most modern means...

I bet he'll soon swap his red Pradas for Adidas :roll:

its a religion not some progressive political movement.

learn you some religion.

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2009, 11:26 pm

z0rp wrote:
Ratings and Comments are disabled for this video.

certainly to keep idiots from flooding the page with "jesus was a homo lolol you believe in something that is fake!11 stupid!!"

the guy is a pope, wtf does he care about your rants against his beliefs? its not like hes going to go anton lavey on your ass.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2009, 1:38 am

oscuria wrote:
certainly to keep idiots from flooding the page with "jesus was a homo lolol you believe in something that is fake!11 stupid!!"

Or 'Please do the world a favor and go slit your wrists you pedophile f***' - the firestorms would be nonstop, lots of vitriol against organized religion these days and Catholicism's pretty high on the list.

oscuria wrote:
the guy is a pope, wtf does he care about your rants against his beliefs? its not like hes going to go anton lavey on your ass.

When they're doing their jobs, as heads of adherence to the bible yes, they're technically supposed to be strict constructionists about the word rather than making it mean whatever the current political climate would prefer - all schisms and dalliances aside.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2009, 8:54 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Pope launches Vatican on YouTube
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7846446.stm

Clever move. Well, if I'm stuck in the office for the next week and decide to catch a benediction or two I hope my boss doesn't mind the wine and crackers on my desk.

YouTube Pope. Well that is a lot better than Panzer Pope. Benny 16 is the first pope who was a member of the Hitler Youth. I hope he is the last. I also hope he learns to say "Amen" rather than Jawohl.

ruveyn

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2009, 9:30 am

ruveyn wrote:
YouTube Pope. Well that is a lot better than Panzer Pope. Benny 16 is the first pope who was a member of the Hitler Youth. I hope he is the last. I also hope he learns to say "Amen" rather than Jawohl.

ruveyn

I'd say while Catholicism and the positions preached are open to debate, Hitler Youth is a hard one to hit him with accountability on.

Quote:
http://members.tripod.com/~Propagander2/index-14.html
The membership in the Hitler Youth was voluntary until 1936. In 1936 the law already mentioned concerning the HJ was issued which made all the German youth members of the HJ. The stipulations for the carrying out of that law, however, were issued only in March 1939, and only during the war, in May 1940, was the thought of carrying out a German youth draft considered within the Reich Youth Leadership and discussed publicly. May I point out that my Deputy Lauterbacher, at the time when I was at the front, stated in a public meeting - I believe at Frankfurt in 1940-that now, after 97 percent of the youngest age group of youth had volunteered for the Hitler Youth, it would be necessary to draft the remaining 3 percent by a youth draft.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/w ... 382076.ece
Quote:
In 1937 Ratzinger’s father retired and the family moved to Traunstein, a staunchly Catholic town in Bavaria close to the Führer’s mountain retreat in Berchtesgaden. He joined the Hitler Youth aged 14, shortly after membership was made compulsory in 1941.

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2009, 12:15 pm

Hmmmmm... post a youtube page without enabling comments.. I wonder what kind of comments he would receive???

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2009, 12:15 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

I'd say while Catholicism and the positions preached are open to debate, Hitler Youth is a hard one to hit him with accountability on.

Quote:
http://members.tripod.com/~Propagander2/index-14.html
The membership in the Hitler Youth was voluntary until 1936. In 1936 the law already mentioned concerning the HJ was issued which made all the German youth members of the HJ. The stipulations for the carrying out of that law, however, were issued only in March 1939, and only during the war, in May 1940, was the thought of carrying out a German youth draft considered within the Reich Youth Leadership and discussed publicly. May I point out that my Deputy Lauterbacher, at the time when I was at the front, stated in a public meeting - I believe at Frankfurt in 1940-that now, after 97 percent of the youngest age group of youth had volunteered for the Hitler Youth, it would be necessary to draft the remaining 3 percent by a youth draft.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/w ... 382076.ece
Quote:
In 1937 Ratzinger’s father retired and the family moved to Traunstein, a staunchly Catholic town in Bavaria close to the Führer’s mountain retreat in Berchtesgaden. He joined the Hitler Youth aged 14, shortly after membership was made compulsory in 1941.

The curious case of Benedict 16 topic

Many, if not most of us when we were young and foolish have done things of which were less than stellar, and for which we are now repentant.

The Pope might want to use his unfortunate past youth associations to instill upon young Catholics that certain mass movements are evil. The Pope was not infallible as a child of 14.

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2009, 12:43 pm

sartresue wrote:

The Pope might want to use his unfortunate past youth associations to instill upon young Catholics that certain mass movements are evil. The Pope was not infallible as a child of 14.

I read in today's New York Times that Benny 16 lifted (or reversed) the excommunication of a Bishop who denies the holocaust. Benny 16 has also reinstated the prayer for the conversion of the Jews. Benny 16 has smoked himself out. He is an antisemite just like his predecessor Pope Pius 12.

I do wish he would say "amen" instead of jawohl.

ruveyn