Page 2 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ascan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2009, 3:14 pm

twoshots wrote:
...The idea that it somehow ought to have a black anybody is complete BS...

True, but one day they'll probably be threatening us with prison if we don't vote for one:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/scotland/4324275/Man-who-refused-to-be-treated-by-black-doctor-jailed-for-six-months.html

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2009, 3:14 pm

DivaD wrote:
bah... black is so 2008, what we need is the first gay prime minister! :twisted:

any liberal democrat should do :lol:

Ooooh! :shameonyou:

No, what is needed is a black, female, lesbian, muslim who is physically disabled in a wheelchair and has tourettes syndrome.

That would be *different*

DeLoreanDude
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2009, 3:17 pm

TallyMan wrote:
DivaD wrote:
bah... black is so 2008, what we need is the first gay prime minister! :twisted:

any liberal democrat should do :lol:

Ooooh! :shameonyou:

No, what is needed is a black, female, lesbian, muslim who is physically disabled in a wheelchair and has tourettes syndrome.

That would be *different*

LOL imagine the speeches! :D

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2009, 3:21 pm

DeLoreanDude wrote:

The state of the economy is fu, fu, fuc, flourishing and the leader of the opposition, twat, is incorrect that employment is sh, shi, slipping. The, Queen, b***h, will be opening parliament next week.

(Apologies to anyone with tourettes here)

Greyhound
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2009, 4:26 pm

Ragtime wrote:
Greyhound wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
When will Britain get its first black PM?

When someone who happens to have black skin is seen as suitable to be Prime Minister and is elected.

You fell right into that one, didn't you?

That's quite an indictment of British blacks thus far, if it's true what you imply, that no blacks have yet been fit to be PM.
Or are you saying that Britons are racists for not having "seen" a black person as fit to be PM
I didn't fall into anything. We will have a black Prime Minister when it happens to happen that way.

According to Wikipedia, the United Kingdom had the following distribution of ethnic minorities in 2001:
92.1% white
4.0% South Asian
2.0% black
1.2% mixed
0.4% East Asian
0.4% other

It is therefore likely that we would see very few black candidates. I would be very surprised if half of parliament was black. Seeing as no one would vote for a candidate if they believed them to be unsuitable, the candidate must be seen as suitable, thus my statement stands:
We will have a black Prime Minister when someone who happens to have black skin is seen as suitable to be Prime Minister and is elected.
Although to make it clearer I could exchange 'someone' for 'a member of Parliament'.

Dodgy circuitry! Diagnosed: Tourette syndrome. Suspected: auditory processing disorder, synaesthesia. Also: social and organisation problems. Heteroromantic asexual (though still exploring)

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2009, 4:34 pm

TallyMan wrote:
DeLoreanDude wrote:

The state of the economy is fu, fu, fuc, flourishing and the leader of the opposition, twat, is incorrect that employment is sh, shi, slipping. The, Queen, b***h, will be opening parliament next week.

(Apologies to anyone with tourettes here)

:lmao:

DivaD
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2009, 4:45 pm

TallyMan wrote:
DeLoreanDude wrote:

that's Boris Johnson! :lol:

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2009, 5:03 pm

DivaD wrote:
that's Boris Johnson! :lol:

I used to like watching him when he appeared on "Have I got news for you". A very dry sense of humour and nowhere near as stupid as he tries to portray. I miss programs like that since moving from England to France.

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2009, 5:18 pm

Ragtime wrote:
greenblue wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
Any Western country who thinks themselves more progressive than the U.S. should have a minority head of state before making the claim.

Curiously, few developing countries have had already female presidents.

That's good, but how about well-established countries who think themselves progressive? That's what I'm asking.

Britian had Margerete Thatcher as pm since 1979 to 1990.

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2009, 4:26 am

Anybody in the ruling class can be the British PM or for that matter any country, I will be genuinely amazed if a truly working class person makes it to the position be they male/female, black, white or the various shades between.

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2009, 4:07 pm

When the ruling white elite of Britain want a Black PM, then we will get one.

The ruling white elite of America spent a lot of money on promoting a Black President, you can be sure its for a reason other than thier love of Black Folk.

My guess is that they want a scapegoat for the total collapse of America or even the starting of Albert Pikes world war 3, that way, instead of taking the blame themselves, they can say, " nothing to do with us wh***y elites, no, see, it was that black fella, this is what happens when you give them a shot at power".

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2009, 6:34 pm

Nambo wrote:
When the ruling white elite of Britain want a Black PM, then we will get one.

The ruling white elite of America spent a lot of money on promoting a Black President, you can be sure its for a reason other than thier love of Black Folk.

My guess is that they want a scapegoat for the total collapse of America or even the starting of Albert Pikes world war 3, that way, instead of taking the blame themselves, they can say, " nothing to do with us wh***y elites, no, see, it was that black fella, this is what happens when you give them a shot at power".

Or maybe the Republican candidates were so appalling that a majority of the voters rejected them. Do you see conspiracies everywhere, or just in some places?

ruveyn

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2009, 6:40 pm

anna-banana wrote:
Scots are sort of a minority :p

What about the Northern irish?

Dokken
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2009, 6:54 pm

Ragtime wrote:
As much as I worried, and still do a little, about Barack's policies, I have to admit it's kinda cool having a black president.

Will Britain ever elect a minority prime minister?

Any Western country who thinks themselves more progressive than the U.S. should have a minority head of state before making the claim.

No, the British won't elect a minority for prime minister anytime soon. British folk are poodles for Americans. Tony Blair was Dubya's pet poodle lolz

People in the USA used to consider Bill Clinton as the first black president, even though he wasn't black.

Dokken
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2009, 6:55 pm

Ragtime wrote:
As much as I worried, and still do a little, about Barack's policies, I have to admit it's kinda cool having a black president.

Will Britain ever elect a minority prime minister?

No, the British won't elect a minority for prime minister anytime soon. British folk are poodles for Americans. Tony Blair was Dubya's pet poodle lolz

People in the USA used to consider Bill Clinton as the first black president, even though he wasn't black.

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2009, 7:54 pm

Dokken wrote:

That must make John Howard a Shiitzu

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx