Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Seanybaby
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Jan 2006, 6:29 am

I'm certain I just invented a new philosophy. You know Temple Grandon's Anthropologist on Mars? Obviously it explains how difficult an anthropologist from another planet must find Earth to be.

Well, my philosophy's main meaning is about talking very serious topics to people who don't know anything about them. It's called talking "Politics to Rockstars", as the title says above. After all, why bother talking if you know they aren't going to listen? Have this strong debate against Bush? Try typing it in front of angsty Britney Spears fans without knowing it. It happens to me all the time and gets on my nerves.

The trick here is to find the right person or group of people to talk to. Right now I have a friend at work who may or may not have my condition. He likes to listen to every word I say, about electronics and technology, and likes to talk about this himself. Hence we have something in common. Just try talking about this to someone who <i>doesn't</i> care, and would only like to play Halo and have sex with multiple partners.

So does anybody think this philosophy is accurate? I can change it to make it more clear..... :)

SB2
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2006, 3:03 am

but what would be the point of it?

Is it so you can teach them something new. because they do not even care.

is this what you were doing just then.

i am not sure if i understand. But i want to!! !

Seanybaby
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Jan 2006, 8:55 am

SB2 wrote:
but what would be the point of it?

Is it so you can teach them something new. because they do not even care.

is this what you were doing just then.

i am not sure if i understand. But i want to!! !

Well I tried to explain it clearly, but it's hard to understand. "Angsters" as I call teens with problems and likeness for negative or sexual behavior, don't care if you explain too many things to them, and can be annoyingly impatient at times. Probably just NT behavior but I dunno. :roll:

SB2
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2006, 3:52 pm

It seems to me like 'Angsters' got a touch of hedonism. The reason that they don't care to listen to reason, is because they haven't had their fun yet, and they feel that you have.

The youngsters are just beginning to explore a whole new world of things, that just feel good.

They think, *All of our parents did it and they are fine, why should they tell us not too?*

The thing is that they do not have the concept of knowing that most things in life carry with them, negative causal effects. The things in life which give the greatest pleasure, oft times, also carry huge responsibilities. The fact that you 'had your fun' and are now telling them that they shouldn't, only lends to their belief that, all grown-ups are hipocrites.

Being a mentor to a teen-ager is a 'fingers crossed' responsibility. You can only hope that they will come out of those years better off; not worse for wear and tear. If you have done a good job teaching them common sesnse as they were going through their formative years, then you likely gave them the best set of tools that they would need to get through the teenage 'experimental' years.
Also, prove to be a listener and not judgemental. That way you can be in a position to manipulate these 'crazy' times, called teenage years.

You cannot teach philosophy to the rockstars unless you know how to speak martian. rockstars live in a different world than the rest of people. and i envy them.

Seanybaby
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Jan 2006, 11:53 am

SB2 wrote:
It seems to me like 'Angsters' got a touch of hedonism. The reason that they don't care to listen to reason, is because they haven't had their fun yet, and they feel that you have.

The youngsters are just beginning to explore a whole new world of things, that just feel good.

They think, *All of our parents did it and they are fine, why should they tell us not too?*

The thing is that they do not have the concept of knowing that most things in life carry with them, negative causal effects. The things in life which give the greatest pleasure, oft times, also carry huge responsibilities. The fact that you 'had your fun' and are now telling them that they shouldn't, only lends to their belief that, all grown-ups are hipocrites.

Being a mentor to a teen-ager is a 'fingers crossed' responsibility. You can only hope that they will come out of those years better off; not worse for wear and tear. If you have done a good job teaching them common sesnse as they were going through their formative years, then you likely gave them the best set of tools that they would need to get through the teenage 'experimental' years.
Also, prove to be a listener and not judgemental. That way you can be in a position to manipulate these 'crazy' times, called teenage years.

You cannot teach philosophy to the rockstars unless you know how to speak martian. rockstars live in a different world than the rest of people. and i envy them.

Very true. All rockstars would rather do is swear and stuff. Similar to what angsters would do, only different because they simply don't care about what you say. Maybe I've restated this from my last post but I truely agree with what you said there. :)