Simplifying Christianity and its Inverse(Satanism)

Page 3 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2009, 2:31 pm

zerooftheday wrote:
Damn, Sand, you're a little fired up. I was just making a joke. You know a short statement intended to elicit laughter?

I found a board that has people so anti-religion that they get more personally insulting and less rational than the people who believe in and pray to a divine God.

Calm down. If we are pissing you off, don't read the thread. If you think what we are posting is offensive *according to board rules*, then by all means report us. If you feel like reading the post, and it's not offensive, don't make an ass out of yourself when you reply. You're supposed to be rational one, what with your strict adherence to only that which can be logically proven.

Pissed off? Hardly. Your propositions are so idiotic that your attempt at humor is indistinguishable from the "serious" proposals by believers. I don't get pissed off, merely astounded that a human can say such dumb things. I just hope that the most gullible humans can have limits for accepting nonsense and am dismayed.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2009, 3:21 pm

Shadowgirl wrote:
Heaven: A beautiful place beyond ones imagination that's warm and loving.

Sounds like a boring place to be for all eternity.

I fervently pray there is no life after physical death. The idea of Eternal Boredom scares the willies out of me.

ruveyn

Shadowgirl
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Mar 2009, 3:43 pm

I pity you people.

I'll pray you find the truth and answers that you are looking for.

Does God Exist? Here is proof he does.
http://www.everystudent.com/features/is ... 2godMANp2w

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2009, 3:52 pm

What is truth?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2009, 4:04 pm

Shadowgirl wrote:
I pity you people.

Pity? That's a form of arrogant condescension - not a Christ-like virtue at all.

"I have compassion for you people, so I'll include you in my prayers," is more likely what a disciple of Christ would say.

Ms. J, I admire you for your faith and determination, but please try to round off the edges of some of your words. I've found that declarative statements alone will not convince others, and may instead induce hostility.

I'll stop picking on you, but only as long as you show some of the humility and servant-attitude of your Christ.

Deal?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2009, 4:35 pm

Fnord wrote:
Shadowgirl wrote:
I pity you people.

Pity? That's a form of arrogant condescension - not a Christ-like virtue at all.

"I have compassion for you people, so I'll include you in my prayers," is more likely what a disciple of Christ would say.

Ms. J, I admire you for your faith and determination, but please try to round off the edges of some of your words. I've found that declarative statements alone will not convince others, and may instead induce hostility.

I'll stop picking on you, but only as long as you show some of the humility and servant-attitude of your Christ.

Deal?

The Sweet Here After Life topic

Though I understand the need for people to adhere to Christian principles, and hence call themselves Christians, I find their need to convert others appalling. And to go in search of some absolutist, abstract truth is the pinnacle of preposterousness. I can only shake my head here. :roll:

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

Shadowgirl
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Mar 2009, 4:54 pm

Fnord wrote:
Shadowgirl wrote:
I pity you people.

Deal?

What evidence are you looking for? books video stuff like that

Does God Exist? Here is proof he does.
http://www.everystudent.com/features/is ... 2godMANp2w

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2009, 6:50 pm

^ Books and videos I already have in abundance. They all say the same thing, each from the author's own point of view. I want proof, meaning any one or more of the following...

1. A face-to-face meeting with your God - Father, Son, or Holy Spirit; whichever you can arrange, and as long as it does not require anything as inconvenient as my death.

2. A miracle directed towards my person or immediate vicinity - healing, regeneration of lost limbs or organs, water into wine, a single crumb of bread feeding several people, et cetera.

3. A sign for all to witness - the Earth stops spinning for 24 hours, the Red Sea parting wide enough and long enough to drive a convoy of buses from one shore to the other, a plague of locusts descends upon all Islamic countries, et cetera.

4. My ex-wife apologizes to me and takes all the blame upon herself for everything that went wrong between us (maybe this should be included in "2. A miracle...").

... occurring within the next 60 hours following the submittal of this post.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2009, 7:25 pm

I'm going to go with, who was it? that the extraordinariness of the claim pretty much precludes for all intents and purposes the possibility of sufficient proof.

Haliphron
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2009, 8:59 pm

Shadowgirl wrote:
TallyMan wrote:
Christianity: Sitting on a cold cloud freezing my nuts off playing a harp.

Satanism: Sitting in front of a nice warm fire.

Wrong again you are.

Heaven: A beautiful place beyond ones imagination that's warm and loving.

Hell: A burning place that is full of fear and hatred.

If Hell is burning, it wont burn forever because that violates conservation of energy..but I digress. But doesnt Satan teach his followers to be nacissists and ALWAYS put their needs before the needs of the group?(as well as others)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2009, 9:37 pm

Christianity: "Pay now, play later."

Satanism: "Play now, pay later."

(A paraphrase of a previous post.)

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2009, 12:50 am

Satanism: Egoism.
Christianity: Disguised egoism.

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2009, 3:13 am

I'd rather reincarnate into anything (yeah, even a rock) than spend eternity in either heaven or hell -.-

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2009, 3:21 am

phil777 wrote:
I'd rather reincarnate into anything (yeah, even a rock) than spend eternity in either heaven or hell -.-

Actually, as many dinosaurs will testify, your chance of becoming a rock is overwhelmingly greater that going to a Christian reward. Some Christians proclaim that dinosaurs lived at the same time as humans but none indicated that there are dinosaurs in Heaven.

z0rp
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2009, 3:58 am

Some Christians also claim dinosaur fossils are God testing their faith. :lol:

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2009, 4:02 am

z0rp wrote:
Some Christians also claim dinosaur fossils are God testing their faith. :lol:

God is quite a trickster isn't he? He actually created everything, fossils, old people, the Bible itself and the whole universe last April Fools Day and is nudging St.Peter with his elbows and chuckling over the idiots who bought it.

Last edited by Sand on 28 Mar 2009, 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.