Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

llama123
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Apr 2009, 2:27 pm

i have a question do you think obama will change the world? just write your personal opinion :D

zerooftheday
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Apr 2009, 2:40 pm

Without a doubt. Wait, did you want to know how? I'm not sure I want to know.

He's extremely anti-gun, having proposed some draconian measures when he was in the IL senate (or was it congress). His campaign statements used the word "common-sense" far too often, considering who is now in his cabinet. If they're common-sense, I'm waiting for the Men in Black to show up asking for my firearms.

He's all about redistributing wealth, he himself said he didn't think the Civil Rights Act went far enough to correct social injustices, citing poverty/wealth as one. He doesn't seem to mind increasing taxes on people that found a legal way to make a crap-ton of money simply to punish them.

He's not a big fan of funding the military, which really bothers me. Not because the F-22 is inferior to a camel, but because we need to make damn sure that we have enough funding to continue operations. I've three good friends in the Army, I don't like the idea of their training budgets being cut.

And he will probably get to pick two new SCOTUS justices, which will change things for decades.

All this to say, if he changes any of the things he says he wants to, I'm not going to like it. I don't think it's going to be fun.

Bluestocking
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Apr 2009, 5:26 pm

In his first 100 days in office, he passed the Lily Ledbetter fair pay act, which ensured that women could fight for equal pay in the workforce (At the moment, women make 75 cents for every dollar a man makes doing the same job) has boosted the image of the United States abroad, and closed Gitmo, which was the ultimate symbol of Bush's disregard for human rights.
I'd say he's well on his way to changing the US. I'm extremely pleased to see that he may pick the new SC justices as well, I'm looking forward to seeing a more pro choice court.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2009, 5:28 pm

Prince Obama and his friends will run the United States into the ground.

ruveyn

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2009, 6:53 pm

Will he change the world? Yes, and especially the United States.

It won't be in a good way, though.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2009, 7:33 pm

He'll make "change", but he's too arrogant and naive to make a positive change. He also has all the financial savy of a ret*d who is the subject of conservatorship.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

mmstick
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Apr 2009, 5:18 pm

llama123 wrote:
i have a question do you think obama will change the world? just write your personal opinion :D

Not an opinion here. Facts, facts, and more undeniable facts.

New laws being passed will:
Forbid every gun possible,
Forced military drafting for children and students,
Still sending more troops over to fight.

Now here I ask. What happens when you remove the citizens of their weapons?
Look at the rise of Nazi Germany. Study it, research it, live it.
Now ask yourself. How did they become a totalitarian society?
Second. Why do we have guns anyway? Why is it in the US Constitution?
Well if you studied your history you would know very well that the military cannot defend you.
No the military cannot defend all of it's citizens. Guns are in case tyranny in government was be rid of.
Another is for when invading forces attack your homeland. What are you going to protect yourself with? rocks?
Go for it! Lug some rocks over the helmets and kevlar. Good job! You didn't do anything at all!
Don't you feel so happy now that your dead! Isn't it better to be slaughtered in the streets than to fight back! ^_^

mmstick
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Apr 2009, 5:22 pm

For those inclined in religion we have this interesting article.

The scripture says about the beast in the revelation of Jesus: “…the name of the beast or the
number of his name. Here is wisdom. He who has understanding, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man. His number is six hundred sixty-six.” His full name is according to Wikipedia (link) he is Barack Hussein Obama. So let us count this name: Barack = 6, Hussein = 7, and Obama = 5 letters. In mathematics there is a calculation of average, usually abbreviated as AVG. Here is how to count: (6+7+5)/3 so the sum of letters to be divided with the number of the words (number divided with the amount of numbers) that is 18/3=6. Now we got the average number of letters of his name that is 6 and because he has 3 names (given, middle, family) each word in average equals to 6. That is 666 - the number of the beast.

mmstick
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Apr 2009, 5:23 pm

Last, but not least!
For all of you symbol fans and conspiracy lovers!
What does this mean?
Anyone? Anyone?

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2009, 6:17 pm

Every president ends up changing the world. A little. But not in ways that affect my little life in this small corner of the world all that much.

I hope that overall his changes will be for the better.

I'm not expecting anything earth shattering, and I'm not expecting Revelations to occur in my lifetime.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2009, 6:21 pm

mmstick wrote:

The scripture says about the beast in the revelation of Jesus: “…the name of the beast or the
number of his name. Here is wisdom. He who has understanding, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man. His number is six hundred sixty-six.” His full name is according to Wikipedia (link) he is Barack Hussein Obama. So let us count this name: Barack = 6, Hussein = 7, and Obama = 5 letters. In mathematics there is a calculation of average, usually abbreviated as AVG. Here is how to count: (6+7+5)/3 so the sum of letters to be divided with the number of the words (number divided with the amount of numbers) that is 18/3=6. Now we got the average number of letters of his name that is 6 and because he has 3 names (given, middle, family) each word in average equals to 6. That is 666 - the number of the beast.

People have been finding "proof" of Revelations for hundreds of years now. It always sounds good. Or at least intriguing. And it has never come to pass. When they start micro-chipping my cash accounts into my body, THEN I'll believe it.

anonOS
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Apr 2009, 6:24 pm

Cyanide wrote:
Will he change the world? Yes, and especially the United States.

It won't be in a good way, though.

That is likely the truth.

mmstick
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Apr 2009, 9:55 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
mmstick wrote:

People have been finding "proof" of Revelations for hundreds of years now. It always sounds good. Or at least intriguing. And it has never come to pass. When they start micro-chipping my cash accounts into my body, THEN I'll believe it.

Didn't you hear the news? They have that chip coming right now. Going to issue an entirely new monetary system.
This system requires that by law if you do not have that chip you WILL NOT be able to BUY or SELL anything.
It's coming. Don't worry. No this isn't a joke. Go look it up.

Apatura
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2009, 10:03 pm

I think he has changed the world for African Americans... he's broken the barrier and I bet we will have more black presidential candidates, both Conservative and Liberal, in the future.

But as far as his changing the WORLD... probably not, unless there is another 9/11 type event and we enter into further wars (god forbid).

mmstick
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Apr 2009, 11:39 pm

Apatura wrote:
I think he has changed the world for African Americans... he's broken the barrier and I bet we will have more black presidential candidates, both Conservative and Liberal, in the future.

But as far as his changing the WORLD... probably not, unless there is another 9/11 type event and we enter into further wars (god forbid).

Where did you slip in? He hasn't broken any imaginary African American barriers.
Besides. He isn't even an African American.
He is 50% white, 50% black.
Claiming he is African American is forgetting that that's only half his story.

Besides its just an imaginary barrier. Only lesser intelligent species consider it reality.

Apatura
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2009, 11:43 pm

mmstick wrote:
Apatura wrote:

Where did you slip in? He hasn't broken any imaginary African American barriers.
Besides. He isn't even an African American.
He is 50% white, 50% black.
Claiming he is African American is forgetting that that's only half his story

Alan Keyes was a qualified presidential candidate but he was dismissed... now someone like him would be taken seriously.

I am aware of Obama's racial background. I think it was the fact that he is not technically African American that made him more accepted by the mainstream.

While barriers for blacks are overstated, they are not imaginary.

I am not an Obama supperter BTW. Did not vote for him as I am a moderate conservative.