10 May 2009, 8:59 am

I love people. :D

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2009, 9:05 am

Henriksson wrote:

There are all sorts of people and they must be judged individually.

Henriksson
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2009, 9:07 am

Sand wrote:
Henriksson wrote:

There are all sorts of people and they must be judged individually.

Yup, I was just pointing out that I do love people, just not all of them. But it seems hard to hate people. It's their ideas that one can hate.

vibratetogether
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

11 May 2009, 3:08 am

I love individuals, I hate humans as a whole, but that mostly comes out of that aforementioned love for individuals and the generally horrible things we do to each other.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2009, 3:10 am

It's not so much I hate people....it's people that hate me... /:

Icheb
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2009, 10:06 am

Kangoogle wrote:
Icheb wrote:
People are the scum of the earth. The planet would be better off without them. :evil:

:rofl:

Do you regard yourself in such a manner? Or are you special?

Oh, I'm scum too, but of course I don't mind my own company. We're partners in crime, me and I. :twisted:

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2012, 3:10 am

I hate the evil and wicked things people do but I do not hate the person just the bad choices they make with their lifes.

blunnet
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2012, 12:09 pm

I hate everyone of you.

TheDarkMage
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 May 2012, 12:26 pm

Jonathanuk wrote:
So 3 weeks ago I got a letter from the "early intervention" declaring that i was non psychotic which was actually a relief. I have ben in alot of trouble for expressing hatred to groups of society most Islam, however i have a reputation of being xenophobic, chauvinistic, classist and so on. Basicaly I have expressed hatred(mainly towards my family)for every social group and nationality on earth and i wouldn't say i am patriotic. My criminal record is absolutely spotless and so my family just think i'm attention seeking which I would love to agree too but the scary truth is i have a hatred for people. When I walk down a street I get dark thoughts, although I do have friends these thoughts have been consistent for years now and I fear they will not go away despite effort to look at the positives and generally I hate my personality and thoughts. Does anyone else have an intensive hatred?

i am very very similar. i have a lot of hatred towards people. i often curse people to death but only in an extreme circumstance. for example i would be quite content to see the death of the prime minister of britain to occur asap. my hatred rund deep but like you i have no criminal record and would never harm anyone unless i had to.

the strange thing is that i also like people. my head is so messed up on the way i feel about others. i just cant put it all into words.

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2012, 12:27 pm

I don't hate people; I hate traits of people, and sadly some traits that I despise are common.

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2012, 12:57 pm

I really try to not hate humanity in general.
Not watching/reading the news helps, as it is generally just a retelling of the horrible things people are doing to each other locally and worldwide. :?

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2012, 6:04 pm

I try not to. I find it exhausting.

I hold grudges, sort of, in the sense that when i learn something important about a person's character, i try to remember it.

SpiritBlooms
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2012, 6:18 pm

Jonathanuk wrote:
So 3 weeks ago I got a letter from the "early intervention" declaring that i was non psychotic which was actually a relief. I have ben in alot of trouble for expressing hatred to groups of society most Islam, however i have a reputation of being xenophobic, chauvinistic, classist and so on. Basicaly I have expressed hatred(mainly towards my family)for every social group and nationality on earth and i wouldn't say i am patriotic. My criminal record is absolutely spotless and so my family just think i'm attention seeking which I would love to agree too but the scary truth is i have a hatred for people. When I walk down a street I get dark thoughts, although I do have friends these thoughts have been consistent for years now and I fear they will not go away despite effort to look at the positives and generally I hate my personality and thoughts. Does anyone else have an intensive hatred?

No, but I'm curious if you are able to see people as individuals and when you do, are you more specific in your like or dislike? To me, for instance, just because someone is Muslim doesn't mean they're either okay or not okay. But I have a problem with Muslim extremism when it encourages violence, and with some traditional Muslim values that keep women oppressed. I know people who translate their own issues with some aspects of Islam into a general hatred of Islam, and I don't understand it. It seems to me they don't differentiate between individuals within a group, or between people and their behaviors. So is this a problem of generalization versus specificity, do you think?

I don't like crowds though!

Last edited by SpiritBlooms on 01 May 2012, 6:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2012, 6:34 pm

Jonathanuk wrote:

If you'll permit me the license of someone who was raised quite bookish, perhaps we should open a thesaurus.

I feel a lot of the same things you feel, but i ascribe it to my social anxiety.

On a bad day, I detest the random humans around me. I have a visceral, emotional response that i do not want to be near them, and my mind makes up reasons why. That's how i see it, anyway.

I am capable of recognizing this reaction as being irrational. In some sense, this allows me to disown the intrinsic nature of it. Not that i do not own responsibility for it - i merely recognize that it does not follow logic, and that i have no rational basis for it. I do not even know these people, and that is precisely why my autonomic nervous system tells me to flee from them - but because it is autonomic, it is incapable of directly referencing memory.

I can tell you that with years of patience, persistence, and SSRIs, it is getting easier to deal with. But i am secretly jealous of my sister who was all the way out to having psychotic features (she's much better now) but gets to control her anxiety with benzos.

Kroni
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 May 2012, 4:48 am

No I don't hate people. If I did then having social difficulties wouldn't be as upsetting as it is. Obviously I want them to accept me, and if they did I'm sure I would really like them.

Most of the time I choose to be alone, not because I hate people but because I need a break from stimulation. I get angry with the world when things don't go my way, but that's only because of my intense desire to "fit in". I also know I don't hate people because when I watch TV shows I have a lot of empathy for the characters.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2012, 12:41 pm

99.9 percent of what annoys me is what some other people do to my detriment.

ruveyn