Page 1 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2009, 8:19 am

I'm just wondering how we are even going to be able to repay China, being trillions of dollars in debt (which is likely to rise quickly to bazillions or kajillions of dollars), especially since raising taxes is out of the question.

Should we just give them Alaska, Hawaii, and maybe California, and hope that they will then pardon us our debt? Or, better still, maybe Texas?

Or, should we just print more currency (as they did in Zimbabwe), and pay them back tomorrow?

parts
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2009, 8:35 am

Don't pay them and nationalize anything they have here and see how they like it

MikeH106
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2009, 9:34 am

If China loans our fathers money and forces us to pay it back, isn't it a bit like they are teaming up on us? In that case, America wouldn't be victimizing China; both America and China would be victimizing our generation. I think China needs to keep this in mind.

If we do need to make a loan to pay them back, then I suggest we not squander it on gambling like we did before.

Like a drop of blood in a tank of flesh-eating piranhas, a new idea never fails to arouse the wrath of herd prejudice.

Last edited by MikeH106 on 26 Apr 2009, 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2009, 9:47 am

All China has to do is stop lending the USA money and see what happens.

Henriksson
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2009, 10:33 am

Those sly Chinese... 8)

claire-333
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2009, 10:36 am

:lol:

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2009, 2:01 pm

We can always pay them back the American way.... with a giant nuclear bomb! :lol:

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2009, 2:23 pm

Cyanide wrote:
We can always pay them back the American way.... with a giant nuclear bomb! :lol:

And get the same in return. A neat exchange involving the same currency.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2009, 3:21 pm

I still say that we should annex that underpopulated wasteland to our north, then sell it off piecemeal to the Chinese, or maybe even just sell the timber rights. That right there aught to take care of most of the debt, and to make up the difference we should give them the McDonald's franchise rights for Asia, the Colonel's secret spice blend, and the formula for Coke (or maybe Pepsi, all the really lazy people I know drink Pepsi...). THAT should put a dent in their economic growth, in a few years all those formerly industrious Chinese laborers will be sitting around eating cardboard food bitching about how the North Korean illegals take all the good jobs and the only place that's hiring is Mao*Mart...

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2009, 4:56 pm

Invade Taiwan and exchange it for your debt :wink:

Second thoughts you'll probably stuff that up and get your butts kicked AGAIN :lol:

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2009, 9:19 pm

Well? Why aren't the Republicans, who were so supportive of the Bush deficits, chiming in with something? Did you really think that it would never be a problem, and that we would never have to pay it back?

Of course, we have more guns than any other country in the world. Just let them try to come and get their money back.

Or is the idea that we will borrow from India to pay back China, and then borrow from Nigeria to pay back India, and then borrow from Chad to pay back Nigeria?

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2009, 10:16 pm

There have been several instances in which third world countries have been crippled by debt to the IMF and other organizations. The world has taken pity on them and much of the debt has been forgiven. This is characteristic of third world countries with corrupt and inefficient governments and has become their hallmark. It is now evident that the USA has entered that category.

hester386
Toucan
Toucan

26 Apr 2009, 10:25 pm

Sand wrote:
There have been several instances in which third world countries have been crippled by debt to the IMF and other organizations. The world has taken pity on them and much of the debt has been forgiven. This is characteristic of third world countries with corrupt and inefficient governments and has become their hallmark. It is now evident that the USA has entered that category.

Yes I agree, Mexico essentially tried to file for bankruptcy in 1982, but the IMF wouldn’t let them because one country backing out would affect the rest of the world as well. The U.S. knows the rest of the world won’t let them “go bankrupt” so why pay for your own expenses when you can just let China pay for it.

jrknothead
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2009, 12:26 am

I can see it now... they'll devalue the currency, pay china back in crisp new dollars, then announce a new currency, trade old dollars for new one for one for US citizens only, everyone else trades 1,000,000 for one...

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2009, 1:49 am

jrknothead wrote:
I can see it now... they'll devalue the currency, pay china back in crisp new dollars, then announce a new currency, trade old dollars for new one for one for US citizens only, everyone else trades 1,000,000 for one...

It seems immorality in the USA is becoming more open. Hypocrisy is sometimes a peculiarly good thing, but the thugs from the G.W.Bush administration have seemed to taught the country a lasting lesson.

CanyonWind
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2009, 2:29 am

We could sell all our politicians into slavery, but I doubt if any of them could do any productive work.

Well thank you buddy for your advice...
-Malvina