Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

followMe
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Nov 2004, 2:17 am

i just voted for the first time in a national election. it kind of sucks because i am a democrat and i live in a heavily republican state. every person i voted for lost. i'm still happy i got to vote though. millions of people have died for the franchise. i owe it to my slave ancestors to vote (not to mention myself)

i was hoping that kerry would win president but i'm not suprised that bush got re-elected. at least it wasn't a contested election like in 2000. there would probably have been riots in the streets. anyway, since republicans control all three branches of government, they don't have anything to b***h at the liberals about, and when (not if) things go south, they have no one to blame but themselves. well, that's my spiel on the election. how do you guys feel about the election results?

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2004, 2:28 am

depressed.

V

ilster
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Nov 2004, 5:29 am

Agreed, and I don't even live in the same country. :cry: :cry:

gavrod
Raven
Raven

04 Nov 2004, 5:42 am

Same here! I live in Australia and I'm afraid I've completely lost faith in democracy and the human race! :cry: :evil:

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2004, 11:28 am

At the federal level, the United States now has a Republican president and vice-president; and it also has Republican majorities in both the Senate and the House of Representatives. In my state of Missouri, a Republican, Matt Blunt, is now the governor-elect; and Republicans have a majority in both chambers of the state legislature. Basically, conservatives control the government from the top down now. :x

TaliDaRadical
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Nov 2004, 4:26 pm

Personally, I'm glad that Bush won. Both of them suck, but Kerry sucks worse. Bush will see this Iraqi situation through and infuse the nation with his patriotic, moralistic spirit. Think about what would happen if Kerry won: terrorism, abortions, and a general loss of faith and hope would increase. Bush has helped reduce all three villainies to a manageable level. I think he's good for another 4 years.

Feste-Fenris
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2004, 6:32 pm

Remark About American Politics:

I cannot believe that Bill Clinton, the philandering, draft-dodging, marijuana smoking, carnival barker who could sell oil-sands to Saudis was our moral compass all along!

Without Bill Clinton's moral guidance as a pragmatic politician America is becoming no better than ancient Rome! And we all know imperialism by definition is a self-defeating process...

gwynfryn
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2004, 6:55 pm

Morality? What has that got to do with governance!

So Bill Clinton tried to sort the budget, give an even break to the poor and the sick, and tried not to provoke those who are being systematically exploited in practically every country in the world, for the benefit of the super rich (who mostly live in the USA) and also got some "executive perks" from a female social climber?

Does anyone here really imagine that the majority of the kind of neo-con conservative types, who are most prominent in derideing him, have never taken advantage of the occasional secretarial nobjob which most managers expect?

gavrod
Raven
Raven

04 Nov 2004, 8:31 pm

Neo-conservatives like Wolfowitz and Rice are destroying the world. These people now see the election result as vindication of their philosphies and policies. I really fear for the future of this world now that they are back in power again! :x

As for Bill Clinton, I think he did a great job as President. Who cares that he had a blow-job from an intern. It didn't affect his performance one bit and I'm certain there are many Republicans and conservatives that have had blow-jobs as well. Hypocrisy reigns supreme in Washington!

Epimonandas
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2005, 2:26 pm

gavrod wrote:
Neo-conservatives like Wolfowitz and Rice are destroying the world. These people now see the election result as vindication of their philosphies and policies. I really fear for the future of this world now that they are back in power again! :x

As for Bill Clinton, I think he did a great job as President. Who cares that he had a blow-job from an intern. It didn't affect his performance one bit and I'm certain there are many Republicans and conservatives that have had blow-jobs as well. Hypocrisy reigns supreme in Washington!

I did not care about that so much, but it is apprehensible morally that a president cheats on his wife and gets caught so publically. What really annoyed me was: 1) That he committed a crime punishable to less well known and rich by prison. The very idea that he committed a crime while president is very disturbing, but probably not half as disturbing as how little that fact seems to bother many people in the U.S. and the World. What has the human race come to when issues like Morals degrade? Sure it was a lie about a interlude with an intern, but when you are put on the stand, you take an oath to uphold the law and the truth. He was the president, yet he failed to uphold these basic traditional American principles. 2) How long Clinton took to save people from Slobadon Milosavich (It did not have to be war, at least at first, but something) with his Nazi-esque "ethinic cleansing" practices.

Thus having supported and voted for him, at least initially and for his first run and term, I felt betrayed.

Chris
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Jan 2005, 4:57 pm

NeantHumain wrote:
At the federal level, the United States now has a Republican president and vice-president; and it also has Republican majorities in both the Senate and the House of Representatives. In my state of Missouri, a Republican, Matt Blunt, is now the governor-elect; and Republicans have a majority in both chambers of the state legislature. Basically, conservatives control the government from the top down now. :x

That's exactly how I feel. I live in Missouri too. Even worse: I live in a heavily Republican region, so Democrats like myself are hard to find.

I remember when I was talking to a teacher at school.

The red print is me talking.
The blue print is the teacher.

Are you voting for Bush in the election?
Yes, I am.
You're making a poor decision.
I don't think so.
You should watch Farenheit 9-11. That'll convince you not to vote for him.
Christopher, that's propaganda!
No, it isn't. And even if it is, propaganda can sometimes be good. If Thomas Paine hadn't published Common Sense and convinced America to make a Declaration of Independence, we might still be British citizens.
Christopher, are you done eating breakfast?
Yes, why?
I think you should go outside with your classmates now.

But...
Go outside, Christopher.

The morning when Bush won the election, the Art teacher came and talked about what a wonderful president we have. I went up to her and said, "Bush may have triumphed this time. Just remember: Four years is not forever."

I love expressing my views.

:star:

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2005, 7:30 pm

Chris wrote:
"Bush may have triumphed this time. Just remember: Four years is not forever."

I only hope we're all still here in 4 years' time..... :cry:

Epimonandas
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2005, 1:50 am

I hope everyone and nation does not forget about the threat of meteors striking Earth and find countermeasures.

sephardic-male
Toucan
Toucan

29 Jan 2005, 1:29 pm

followMe wrote:
i just voted for the first time in a national election. it kind of sucks because i am a democrat and i live in a heavily republican state. every person i voted for lost. i'm still happy i got to vote though. millions of people have died for the franchise. i owe it to my slave ancestors to vote (not to mention myself)

i was hoping that kerry would win president but i'm not suprised that bush got re-elected. at least it wasn't a contested election like in 2000. there would probably have been riots in the streets. anyway, since republicans control all three branches of government, they don't have anything to b*** at the liberals about, and when (not if) things go south, they have no one to blame but themselves. well, that's my spiel on the election. how do you guys feel about the election results?

:roll:

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2007, 11:30 am

I voted for Bush and I live in a democrat state so my vote was lost too. Electoral college stinks.

MelissaCho
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Nov 2020, 6:38 pm

TaliDaRadical wrote:
Personally, I'm glad that Bush won. Both of them suck, but Kerry sucks worse. Bush will see this Iraqi situation through and infuse the nation with his patriotic, moralistic spirit. Think about what would happen if Kerry won: terrorism, abortions, and a general loss of faith and hope would increase. Bush has helped reduce all three villainies to a manageable level. I think he's good for another 4 years.

Well Bush was a lot better trump with all argument aside.