Page 4 of 10 [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next

Did you pray that prayer at the bottom of this thread to God?
Yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No 85%  85%  [ 33 ]
I have already prayed and accepted Jesus into my Heart and life. 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
Other 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 39

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2009, 9:04 am

Henriksson wrote:
ZEGH8578 wrote:
Henriksson wrote:
ZEGH8578 wrote:
MattShizzle wrote:
Freedom of speech doesn't apply on a privately owned website, either.

shes not breaking any rules.

to be honest, i like her posts.

theyre eccentric :D

I like her. She's a nice person who creates beautful art. But her ideas? Hmm, not so much.

brings to mind... hitler :D
except he was probably not such a "nice person", blowing up gvt buildings etc

Oh, you are a cruel man. :lol:

I bet we all have something in common with Hitler. 8)

i have
#1 dark hair
#2 ugly mustache from time to time
#3 dreamt about invading our eastern neighbor :]

8)

Henriksson
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2009, 9:07 am

ZEGH8578 wrote:
Henriksson wrote:
ZEGH8578 wrote:
Henriksson wrote:
ZEGH8578 wrote:
MattShizzle wrote:

I like her. She's a nice person who creates beautful art. But her ideas? Hmm, not so much.

brings to mind... hitler :D
except he was probably not such a "nice person", blowing up gvt buildings etc

Oh, you are a cruel man. :lol:

I bet we all have something in common with Hitler. 8)

i have
#1 dark hair
#2 ugly mustache from time to time
#3 dreamt about invading our eastern neighbor :]

8)

Me too! 8O

When I look into the reflection on a bus or a shop window or something at a distance... it kind of looks like him.

monty
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2009, 9:10 am

The Finns could use some civilizing ... start with laws forcing them to stop using so many double vowels in their written language. It is wasteful and irritates me.

Shadowgirl
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 May 2009, 9:35 am

vibratetogether wrote:
Henriksson wrote:
ZEGH8578 wrote:
MattShizzle wrote:

All I've seen has been her pushing religion on us. I generally try and get along with people, but she is routinely offensive, posting simple polls and controversial articles as opposed to original thoughts and ideas.

I want to like her, I want to like everyone really, but she needs to work on her like-ability.

I'm not trying to push religion on you I'm only giving information about it and being a messenger. You don't have to listen to what I say but I do have people that like it and thank me for telling them of this.

I come with good intentions of helping everyone. Plus I'm also speaking my mind.
I just discuss this stuff on the boards and to people who want to hear it. So if you were to chat with me for example I mostly talk about other things unless its requested.
So I am likable when you get to know me from the otherside.
I get along with atheist and Wicca, pagans, and agnostics.
I mostly inspire people with my actions but here words are all I have. Yes it is harder but I've touched a few on here as well and try to becareful how I talk about these things.

Does God Exist? Here is proof he does.
http://www.everystudent.com/features/is ... 2godMANp2w

Last edited by Shadowgirl on 13 May 2009, 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

monty
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2009, 9:44 am

Shadowgirl wrote:

I come with good intentions of helping everyone.

Ahh ... but don't good intentions pave the road?

As I said in my post, there are many different ideas about salvation, and your post is not entirely consistent with the Bible ... that could make for a good discussion.

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2009, 9:44 am

Shadowgirl wrote:
vibratetogether wrote:
Henriksson wrote:
ZEGH8578 wrote:
MattShizzle wrote:

All I've seen has been her pushing religion on us. I generally try and get along with people, but she is routinely offensive, posting simple polls and controversial articles as opposed to original thoughts and ideas.

I want to like her, I want to like everyone really, but she needs to work on her like-ability.

I'm not trying to push religion on you I'm only giving information about it and being a messenger. You don't have to listen to what I say but I do have people that like it and thank me for telling them of this.

I come with good intentions of helping everyone. Plus I'm also speaking my minds.
I just discuss this stuff on the boards and to people who want to hear it. So if you were to chat with me for example I mostly talk about other things unless its requested.
So I am likable when you get to know me from the otherside.
I get along with atheist and Wicca pagans agnostics.

let ge give you a tip: dont try to help people.

in this modern world, NOONE's gonna go "oh damn i never thought about that! i better convert, in a hurry!" if theyre not allready christian, and if their mind is stable.
and you dont want to convert someone, who's not completely stable anyway, do you?
so...

you end up "preaching to the choir" OR annoying people who allready got their mind set.
all the jesus-posts IN THE UNIVERSE wont make me pray, and wont "save" me.

so... what about bringing that non-preachy person out to the forums, for a change?

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2009, 10:21 am

DentArthurDent wrote:
Awesomelyglorious wrote:
I don't own a television.

Truly ?

Yeah. I don't really bother to watch it even when there is one around.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2009, 10:53 am

monty wrote:
The Finns could use some civilizing ... start with laws forcing them to stop using so many double vowels in their written language. It is wasteful and irritates me.

Not only do they use double vowels, they have double consonants and, if you don't pronounce them each, Finns can tell you're a foreigner.

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2009, 10:57 am

Sand wrote:
monty wrote:

Not only do they use double vowels, they have double consonants and, if you don't pronounce them each, Finns can tell you're a foreigner.

if i go to finland, ill just repeat "eisa peitää, yksi kaksi, perkele" untill i get what i want. those are the words i know.

-finland's only neighbor who never tried to enslave them :]

Henriksson
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2009, 11:31 am

ZEGH8578 wrote:
if i go to finland, ill just repeat "eisa peitää, yksi kaksi, perkele" untill i get what i want. those are the words i know.

Surely you know of the curse words, too? 8)

Oh, and those are really the most vital words...

When walking around, repeat "Yksi kaksi, yksi kaksi!" over and over again.

If a finn approaches you, shout "EISÄ PEITÄÄ!" at them.

And if you want to attract a Finn's attention, shout "PERKELE!"

Quote:

And we would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for those wretched Russians... :?

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2009, 11:44 am

Henriksson wrote:
ZEGH8578 wrote:

Surely you know of the curse words, too? 8)

Oh, and those are really the most vital words...

When walking around, repeat "Yksi kaksi, yksi kaksi!" over and over again.

If a finn approaches you, shout "EISÄ PEITÄÄ!" at them.

And if you want to attract a Finn's attention, shout "PERKELE!"

Quote:

And we would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for those wretched Russians... :?

and WE woulda kept our eastern trønder provinces if it wasnt for denmark. you can all thank denmark for sweden having the geographical shape of a cock :D

we even re-conquered each one of those lands, but denmark kept annulling our progress for each one of their own lame losses. goddamnit. and to be honest, reconquering means more or less wandering in, and planting the flag, since swedish forces didnt really seem to care too much for their new posessions.
you guys were close to winning the trøndelag region back tho, when sweden sent 6000 troops to trondheim (as opposed to the usual 1000-2000). the siege wasnt as successfull as hoped for, but sieges are always slow, the turning point was when the king of sweden was strolling around in oslo, and recieved a well aimed sniper shot to the head, and poof! war's over! :D

then comes the freezing-death of 6000 swedes over the røros mountains, and legends about animals feeding off the frozen meat for years to come.

what ive noticed, over all the norway-sweden wars tho, is that theyre all caused by denmark. seriously, what WOULD swedes want jemtland for anyway? its typically norwegian: uninhabited and rocky :(

MattShizzle
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2009, 12:11 pm

BTW way there are historians who doubt Jesus ever existed - Richard Carrier and Robert M Price to name 2.

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2009, 12:21 pm

MattShizzle wrote:
BTW way there are historians who doubt Jesus ever existed - Richard Carrier and Robert M Price to name 2.

And every atheist on the internets gobbled that minority opinion up because it suited their needs.

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2009, 12:25 pm

MattShizzle wrote:

hes just a symbol. i dont understand how its not obvious to everyone.

why isnt THOR a historical person?

1. vikings were named Thor. scandinavians are still named Thor/Tor
2. vikings had hammers. even my younger brother has a toolbox. not me tho.
3. there was a couple of viking redheads im sure, w a beard at that.

so...
if christians admit jesus didnt walk on water
and i admit thor didnt ride across the sky

then why cant Thor be a historical person?

twoshots wrote:
MattShizzle wrote:

And every atheist on the internets gobbled that minority opinion up because it suited their needs.

oh STOP it with that "minority" argument. so minorities are wrong by default. wow. thats how we get progress.
newton was allone in writing his thesis: gravity is questionable!

two words, well one word and one name:

PROVE JESUS

he ONLY EVER existed in old religious texts. hes as real as Thor.

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2009, 12:32 pm

ZEGH8578 wrote:

There's no reason Thor couldn't have been a historical person, except that much of Indo European mythology names are shared implying it goes back like 8000 years, so any questions of historicalness are completely impossible to determine, and based on the elemental nature of many of the IE gods it seems dubious that they are anything other than personifications of the elements. Furthermore, the claims made about Jesus' life other than the resurrection are all quite tame and unextraordinary for back then. And on top of the Jesus would hardly be the only character in history to acquire a semi-mythological status.

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2009, 12:34 pm

twoshots wrote:
ZEGH8578 wrote:

There's no reason Thor couldn't have been a historical person, except that much of Indo European mythology names are shared implying it goes back like 8000 years, so any questions of historicalness are completely impossible to determine, and based on the elemental nature of many of the IE gods it seems dubious that they are anything other than personifications of the elements. Furthermore, the claims made about Jesus' life other than the resurrection are all quite tame and unextraordinary for back then. And on top of the Jesus would hardly be the only character in history to acquire a semi-mythological status.

again, your position is that jesus is the only exception to shared mythologies.

Why?