Trump: People will ‘revolt’ if he’s impeached

Page 3 of 8 [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2018, 8:32 pm

I believe Blazing is saying that the Senate doesn't want to waste its time in indicting (impeaching) the President if a conviction isn't possible.

I feel like he's getting really close-----to at least being investigated more thoroughly......

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2018, 8:41 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I believe Blazing is saying that the Senate doesn't want to waste its time in indicting (impeaching) the President if a conviction isn't possible...
Oh. Sorry. How aspie of me.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2018, 2:31 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I believe Blazing is saying that the Senate doesn't want to waste its time in indicting (impeaching) the President if a conviction isn't possible.

I feel like he's getting really close-----to at least being investigated more thoroughly......

It's the House that votes to impeach, not the Senate. It's the Senate that holds the trial and votes on whether to convict.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2018, 6:42 am

Magna wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
If he is impeached by the house I expect nothing more then a lot of words because of the expectation he will be acquitted.

If he is impeached and convicted that would mean Trump did things so way beyond what he has done that the base deserted him and Republican Senators do not fear said base. I can't imagine what those things would be.

A lot can happen between now and 2020. The most likely scenario in my view is the Trump loses and claims the election was rigged throws a tantrum and refuses to leave. At this point, there are two options he can physically be removed or be allowed to stay. If he is allowed to stay our democracy is gone, he is a dictator. If he has to be physically removed that will be seen live on every TV channel, on everybody's device. This will be very triggering to a bunch of people. The reaction might less widespread than in the left's reaction to Trump winning in 2016 but it will be much more lethal. At this point, it won't be a revolt in the traditional sense just a bunch of terrorist attacks. The key at this point is how rank and file members of the military react.

If Trump wins in 2020 or loses and refuses to leave the left will react in a more violent way then in 2016. I am thinking something resembling the nationwide rioting following the assassination of Martin Luther King. If it is because of Trump lost but was allowed to stay I can see it blossoming into a full-scale revolt and a justified one. Otherwise, it will be ruthlessly put down with public support because a vote for Trump means the left has been rejected again.

I can see Trump refusing to leave after he serves his two terms. There may be a violent reaction but I can't see nearly the same level of support for Trump in that scenario.

I don't see him refusing to leave after a second term, if he was to win a second term. I don't know why you'd think that would be possible. I don't think he really wanted this job in the first place. I think the campaign was just ego and hubris and the election was a surprise to everyone, including to him.

IF.........Trump did win a second term with magnifying glasses and microscopes on the election process, meaning, IF....he did with "fair and square", you're saying you think "the left" would riot? That would be very sad and would reflect very badly on "the left" as at that point throwing a temper tantrum.

To be clear, I'm saying that IF Trump won a second term (wouldn't be able to blame "2016 Russian meddling" on a 2020 reelection win) and "the left" rioted, "the left's" behavior would be of extreme concern to our country as a whole.

I really do believe he would be foolish/psycho/narcessistic whatever word you prefer to attempt to refuse to leave. He said of his supporters he could shoot somebody on 5th avenue and they would still support him. I believe for a significant portion of his supporters that is literally true. I believe he has ordered temper tamtrum wars maybe even nuke ones a number of times but the orders were not carried out.

As for the broad left thier allowing him to win is of extreme concern to the country. If they allow him to win again that would reflect badly on them by mutiple factors. Whether Trump was reelected legititimitly or not would not matter, all that would matter would be percieved that it was rigged. That is where we are at as a country right now. At that point everything that they tried fell flat on its face. Some will get depressed and quit for others the path to America becoming the next Nazi Germany would have been greatly accelerated and would need to be stopped by any means necessary.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2018, 6:43 am

All right. The House doesn’t want to waste its time.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2018, 9:40 am

VegetableMan wrote:
If Trump gets impeached, then we'll have President Pence! I ain't gonna be dancing in the street! I'm going to be screaming, "Holy f*****g s**t! President Pence!"

No, we will get President Pelosi. Pence is wrapped up in this thing too. They all are, which is why the GOP is complicit in the cover up.

Trump and everyone involved, everyone who took dirty NRA money, needs to be indicted, not impeached.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2018, 10:21 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
All right. The House doesn’t want to waste its time.

I think Pelosi and most Democrates House members know this. The issue is their base wants it and if they do not impeach they will face an expensive and possibly sucessful primary challange.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2018, 10:35 am

If anything is proven, without a doubt to be illegal activity past, present or future by this president or any future president, I support impeachment, conviction and removal.

I've said it on WP several times before, I think any presidency from here on out should trigger an automatic independent council to run concurrent with the term/terms of said president and given open ended powers to investigate any time of said president's life for proven undeniable illegal activity. Said president should then be booted.

It's funny how that suggestion has so far met with crickets here or at the least: "Then no one would run for president." I disagree. There are squeaky clean people in this world. They may or many not align with your personal ideology, but so what. I want untarnished leaders. "Everyone's tarnished to some degree, especially in politics......" I reject such a notion. Why? "My guy should be able to skate, your guy on the other hand should go to jail....." Partisan, partisan, partisan, crap, crap, crap.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2018, 10:38 am

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2018, 10:49 am

Magna wrote:
If anything is proven, without a doubt to be illegal activity past, present or future by this president or any future president, I support impeachment, conviction and removal.

I've said it on WP several times before, I think any presidency from here on out should trigger an automatic independent council to run concurrent with the term/terms of said president and given open ended powers to investigate any time of said president's life for proven undeniable illegal activity. Said president should then be booted.

It's funny how that suggestion has so far met with crickets here or at the least: "Then no one would run for president." I disagree. There are squeaky clean people in this world. They may or many not align with your personal ideology, but so what. I want untarnished leaders. "Everyone's tarnished to some degree, especially in politics......" I reject such a notion. Why? "My guy should be able to skate, your guy on the other hand should go to jail....." Partisan, partisan, partisan, crap, crap, crap.

Yeah, a blanket investigation of everyone based on nothing is idiotic.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2018, 10:51 am

I think Trump overestimates what percentage of people in this country support him at this point.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2018, 10:55 am

SocOfAutism wrote:
Not me. I love our president. I believe in him. I am thankful for him every day.

But I have a little boy.

I read an interesting post elsewhere on the Internet a week or two ago from a Bosnian war survivor. He was talking about how he survived with his family by making his house look super regular, traveling at night only, trading far away from home, hiding what he had. I believe in that. I don’t have an American flag outside my house. I am pretty sure that my husband and I make the most on our block, but we hide it. I carry. I prepare. And I have a surprising advantage over many people. I grew up in extreme poverty. We had a derecho (wind) storm here a few years ago that knocked out the power for a week or two. I was fine, because we often had no power when I was a kid. I had a lot of poor people tricks to stay comfortable. A lot of other people here descended into madness.

If the government suddenly did not go my way, it would not bother me at all. Wouldn’t be the first time. Such as with Bill Clinton when he stole my factory job, sent it to Mexico, devastated my small town, forcing my husband and I to move, which ruined my life for awhile frankly. But I got over it and found a way through. I’m good now. I could adapt again.

Well you are getting conned then, because the only thing Trump cares about is power and pandering to the wealthy elite. He's done nothing to help people like you.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2018, 11:11 am

I apologize for not being more accurate in my post about impeachment and plead aspie brain fog. :D

Magna, I don't remember your suggestion from before and will need to think about it. Checks and balances are good, just right now they don't seem to be working very well. :(

Kraftie, thanks for the support. And I agree with you that American will pull together and put it right in time. The problem is the last time I thought that was when Reagan was elected. :( Just joking. I dearly hope you are right.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2018, 11:11 am

AspE wrote:
Magna wrote:

Yeah, a blanket investigation of everyone based on nothing is idiotic.

No. There's only "nothing" until you find something. Look at Roy Moore. They found something from 30+ years ago and he lost the election. Works for me. I say set the standard at going back to age 18. How do you stop dishonest criminals, losers and leches (found in both parties in spades) from running things? You prevent such scum (found in both parties in spades) from ever running in the first place. Also, a person apparently can't be properly vetted during a campaign. Automatic special council for every president and vetting can take place without time constraints.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2018, 2:09 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
I think Trump overestimates what percentage of people in this country support him at this point.

I think the left underestimates how many support him

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2018, 2:11 pm

blazingstar wrote:
I apologize for not being more accurate in my post about impeachment and plead aspie brain fog. :D

Magna, I don't remember your suggestion from before and will need to think about it. Checks and balances are good, just right now they don't seem to be working very well. :(

Kraftie, thanks for the support. And I agree with you that American will pull together and put it right in time. The problem is the last time I thought that was when Reagan was elected. :( Just joking. I dearly hope you are right.

Checks and balances are working just fine as was intended so is the electoral college