College Students In Georgia Burn Latina Author's Book

Page 8 of 18 [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 18  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 5:24 pm

They're both wrong.....book burning and flag burning.

It's illegal to burn the American flag. That I know.

Book burning is a sign of fascism----even though it's "technically" legal."

I sure hope nobody here goes around burning books of anything they don't agree with.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 5:40 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
They're both wrong.....book burning and flag burning.

It's illegal to burn the American flag. That I know.

Book burning is a sign of fascism----even though it's "technically" legal."

I sure hope nobody here goes around burning books of anything they don't agree with.

How exactly is it a sign of facism?
They not state sponsored and they not burning ever last single one of her books and banning them. They students who were forced to buy her stupid boob burning it in protest.
If it were students burning one of trumps books most of you here would be praising them.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 5:49 pm

It's a sign of fascism because actual fascists used to burn the books of people whom the fascists didn't like.

I don't think book-burnings are a good sign of things at all. I think they are a sign of potential trouble.

I certainly wouldn't burn any book----even "Mein Kampf." And I'm a Jew.

You know your history, Sly. You should know who used to do book-burnings all the time.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 5:50 pm

No, Sly....I wouldn't praise anybody who burns a book about Trump.

I think it's totally the wrong thing to do.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 6:02 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
It's a sign of fascism because actual fascists used to burn the books of people whom the fascists didn't like.

I don't think book-burnings are a good sign of things at all. I think they are a sign of potential trouble.

You know your history, Sly. You should know who used to do book-burnings all the time.

Facist did a lot of things, are we never allowed to do things facist did? Hitler was vegan and against smoking. So we shouldn’t hate vegans and all smoke right? Most our science and medical stuff came from nazis. NASA was nazi central and we’d never got to the moon without the nazis.

So no just cause people do something the facist did isn’t a sign of facism. This was a small group protesting a forced book nothing more.

Books are just any other object to me they aren’t special. I’ve burned Burke and I’ll do it again, I’ve thrown bunch a way too. Most people don’t care about books. They just another mass produced product to most of us.

You know they burn books thrown away or that don’t sell right?
Books are the past anyways made and sold less and less everything is going digital

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 6:05 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
No, Sly....I wouldn't praise anybody who burns a book about Trump.

I think it's totally the wrong thing to do.

Maybe you wouldn’t but I can think of atleast 10 people on this forum who would.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 6:06 pm

They're nuts, then. Best ignored.

Anybody who even thinks about doing this sort of thing has a screw loose somewhere.

It's not the same as burning the letters your lover sent you after you break up with your lover.

DoTheTw1zt
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Oct 2019, 6:08 pm

I would not bother to read a book Trump wrote, much less burn one.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 6:10 pm

What's so bad about Burke? Why would you burn his books?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 6:27 pm

sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Facist did a lot of things, are we never allowed to do things facist did? Hitler was vegan and against smoking. So we shouldn’t hate vegans and all smoke right? Most our science and medical stuff came from nazis. NASA was nazi central and we’d never got to the moon without the nazis.

So no just cause people do something the facist did isn’t a sign of facism. This was a small group protesting a forced book nothing more.

Books are just any other object to me they aren’t special. I’ve burned Burke and I’ll do it again, I’ve thrown bunch a way too. Most people don’t care about books. They just another mass produced product to most of us.

Books are the past anyways made and sold less and less everything is going digital

German scientists who had been forced to join the SS in order to be used for top secret Nazi war projects got us to the moon.
The medical science gained from the Nazis came out of concentration camps where prisoners who were seen as less than human were used as test subjects by the Nazis. Not something most of us would brag about, even though the results have saved millions of lives.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 6:33 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

Anybody who even thinks about doing this sort of thing has a screw loose somewhere.

It's not the same as burning the letters your lover sent you after you break up with your lover.

I'm pretty sure he means me. :lol:
For the record, as I am a writer, a man of letters, I am appalled by any book burning.
As for the books ghost written for Trump, which then the publishers had slapped Trump's name on them, I would not take pleasure in seeing them burned. I want the fact to be known that that barely literate flimflam man isn't capable of writing anything, let alone a book, and thus laughed at and ridiculed... but not burned.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 6:35 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

German scientists who had been forced to join the SS in order to be used for top secret Nazi war projects got us to the moon.
The medical science gained from the Nazis came out of concentration camps where prisoners who were seen as less than human were used as test subjects by the Nazis. Not something most of us would brag about, even though the results have saved millions of lives.

They weren’t all forced and many chose to use slave labor for their projects. Why are you making excuses for nazis and human rights crimes.

We even later sent some of them back to face punishments for their crimes. It was simple we wanted Nazi tech so we hid their crimes and snuck them back to USA and gave them new identities. Anything to get leg up on the Russians.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 6:36 pm

sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

They weren’t all forced and many chose to use slave labor for their projects. Why are you making excuses for nazis and human rights crimes.

We even later sent some of them back to face punishments for their crimes. It was simple we wanted Nazi tech so we hid their crimes and snuck them back to USA and gave them new identities. Anything to get leg up on the Russians.

Okay, true, but not all of them.

DoTheTw1zt
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Oct 2019, 6:36 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I'm pretty sure he means me. :lol:
For the record, as I am a writer, a man of letters, I am appalled by any book burning.
As for the books ghost written for Trump, which then the publishers had slapped Trump's name on them, I would not take pleasure in seeing them burned. I want the fact to be known that that barely literate flimflam man isn't capable of writing anything, let alone a book, and thus laughed at and ridiculed... but not burned.

I'm pretty sure he means me too, but like I said I wouldn't bother to touch those books even to burn them. :lol:

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 6:45 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

One always has a choice. I’d enter be shot then for example kill hundreds of people.
Quite a few Germans refused and were killed. They died for sacred Germany. They didn’t give up their honor and humanity to survive and make money.
Braun should have been tried and executed not put in charge of nasa
One of few men to be praised and shook hands with Hitler and US presidents.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 6:58 pm

sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

One always has a choice. I’d enter be shot then for example kill hundreds of people.
Quite a few Germans refused and were killed. They died for sacred Germany. They didn’t give up their honor and humanity to survive and make money.
Braun should have been tried and executed not put in charge of nasa
One of few men to be praised and shook hands with Hitler and US presidents.

I doubt any of those scientists knew labor from concentration camps would be worked to death prior to having been brought on board.
In fact, no Germans had been executed for refusing to be involved with concentration camps. They were just sent to other duties. Still, remaining German war criminals use that excuse.
Certainly there were many Germans who had died at the hands of the Nazis. Mostly for opposing Hitler (or even trying to assassinate him, like Stauffenberg, Rommel, Cannaris, and others), political prisoners, gays, Jews, the disabled, etc.