US kills top Iranian general in Baghdad

Page 23 of 24 [ 359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,595
Location: Palestine

14 Jan 2020, 3:57 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Half the country flipped out and got hysterical over 9/11 the same as with 45.


Is it the same half who doesn’t like being used and abused by their own government?



I can't speak for everyone regarding paranoia. I can say with certainty that we did not shoot down passenger planes afterwards.


You just blew up schools and hospitals, weddings, funerals etc and killed over a million people in Iraq and invaded Afghanistan and supported Al Qaeda in Syria and Libya.... no big deal eh.... :roll:


I think you're confusing 45 with 44 and 43. Trump is guilty of Solemani (which his country is grateful for), and only after 600+ US citizens were killed and several acts of war for the last year. And several bombings in Syria... Again, we will remain at an impasse because we both rely on intelligence from opposite leaning news sites.


Doesn't matter who the President is, they'd all would have been found guilty at Nuremberg. B.S. most people in Iran are against the murder as are people in the US. Any evidence for your b.s. claims? You rely on b.s.


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"


JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,595
Location: Palestine

14 Jan 2020, 3:59 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
That's exactly what I meant. But it helps if US citizens aren't repeating the propaganda that is used to keep US forces in the region.



For the record, I don't want us supporting anyone but Israel. I think we ought to pull out and allow them to wipe each other out. Last Arab standing starts over...


You're in the region against US interests cause of Israel. The fake intelligence on Soleimani came from Israel like the fake intelligence before Iraq. Because of Israel you are supporting Al Qaeda. Nice going.


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"


Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2019
Age: 52
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,538
Location: Everville

14 Jan 2020, 4:23 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
That's exactly what I meant. But it helps if US citizens aren't repeating the propaganda that is used to keep US forces in the region.



For the record, I don't want us supporting anyone but Israel. I think we ought to pull out and allow them to wipe each other out. Last Arab standing starts over...


You're in the region against US interests cause of Israel. The fake intelligence on Soleimani came from Israel like the fake intelligence before Iraq. Because of Israel you are supporting Al Qaeda. Nice going.


The US is going to do well regardless. I can't see any difference in Obama giving away the farm to the whole world. At least supporting an ally has some honor. Again, I don't believe you John. You hate Israel, so anything you say about them should be suspect.


_________________
Disagreeing with you doesn't mean I hate you, it just means we disagree.


Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2019
Age: 52
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,538
Location: Everville

14 Jan 2020, 4:33 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Half the country flipped out and got hysterical over 9/11 the same as with 45.


Is it the same half who doesn’t like being used and abused by their own government?



I can't speak for everyone regarding paranoia. I can say with certainty that we did not shoot down passenger planes afterwards.


You just blew up schools and hospitals, weddings, funerals etc and killed over a million people in Iraq and invaded Afghanistan and supported Al Qaeda in Syria and Libya.... no big deal eh.... :roll:


I think you're confusing 45 with 44 and 43. Trump is guilty of Solemani (which his country is grateful for), and only after 600+ US citizens were killed and several acts of war for the last year. And several bombings in Syria... Again, we will remain at an impasse because we both rely on intelligence from opposite leaning news sites.


Doesn't matter who the President is, they'd all would have been found guilty at Nuremberg. B.S. most people in Iran are against the murder as are people in the US. Any evidence for your b.s. claims? You rely on b.s.



Like hell, John. Nobody is stealing Irani/Iraqi business and absorbing their money. No one is rounding up Arabs and gassing them, or forcing them to work till they drop with no food, unless they do that to each other. If your government takes ships, attacks embassies, they might get blown up.
The Jews weren't doing anything to Europeans except existing and working... the Germans came up with some harebrained idea that they needed to be gone. And Hitler convinced much of Europe to cooperate. Your Nuremburg reference is stupid, I hope you know just how stupid.


_________________
Disagreeing with you doesn't mean I hate you, it just means we disagree.


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Age: 61
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,040
Location: Oz

14 Jan 2020, 5:12 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
It is unnaceptable for WWIII to nearly kick off over speculation. The fake intelligence came from Israel. Imagine my lack of shock :roll:



Says you. There will be no WW3, that's your speculation. There is no near WW3, there's just Iran shooting down a passenger plan because they are trigger happy and paranoid. Paranoia happens when you're an as*hole to even your own citizens.


I wouldn't be so smug. No one intends it but Iran and Syria especially have formed alliances with Russia, and to a smaller degree China. If the US goes on a bombing spree in either country and hits Russians they could be under pressure in their own country to respond. Things can soon spiral out of control. And no, that'd be cause the US killed Iran's top military man and has them under brutal sanctions and pulled out of the nuclear deal. All for Israel who used a passenger airline as cover for fighter jets which could have led to it being shot down by Syrian defences. Paranoia happens when you have the US and Israel foaming at the mouth to destroy the country and remove your government and when they have done it to others around you in the region and you know you're on the same list as those others. Anyone who thinks 'meh derp regime Iranian people derp' needs a serious reality check or better still get away from issues they know nothing about.


If I was in Israel,
I'd be pissing myself at the idea of Iran having nuclear weapons,
A country that openly advocates the elimination of Israel.

I don't plan to go there any time soon.
I.E. Never. 8O


_________________
I'm a thinker. Some think I'm a stinker. Pepe le Pew. ;)
Down with big business!...
I'm not here to change the world...There isn't a big enough soiled nappy bin... ;)
Autistic/scout motto: "Give me a better argument and I will listen..."
"Honesty is not a social duty, not a sacrifice for the sake of others, but the most profoundly selfish virtue man can practice: his refusal to sacrifice the reality of his own existence to the deluded consciousness of others."
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8) I'm a rationalist...Deal with it...:mrgreen:


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Age: 61
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,040
Location: Oz

14 Jan 2020, 5:17 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Half the country flipped out and got hysterical over 9/11 the same as with 45.


Is it the same half who doesn’t like being used and abused by their own government?



I can't speak for everyone regarding paranoia. I can say with certainty that we did not shoot down passenger planes afterwards.


You just blew up schools and hospitals, weddings, funerals etc and killed over a million people in Iraq and invaded Afghanistan and supported Al Qaeda in Syria and Libya.... no big deal eh.... :roll:


I think you're confusing 45 with 44 and 43. Trump is guilty of Solemani (which his country is grateful for), and only after 600+ US citizens were killed and several acts of war for the last year. And several bombings in Syria... Again, we will remain at an impasse because we both rely on intelligence from opposite leaning news sites.


Doesn't matter who the President is, they'd all would have been found guilty at Nuremberg. B.S. most people in Iran are against the murder as are people in the US. Any evidence for your b.s. claims? You rely on b.s.



Like hell, John. Nobody is stealing Irani/Iraqi business and absorbing their money. No one is rounding up Arabs and gassing them, or forcing them to work till they drop with no food, unless they do that to each other. If your government takes ships, attacks embassies, they might get blown up.
The Jews weren't doing anything to Europeans except existing and working... the Germans came up with some harebrained idea that they needed to be gone. And Hitler convinced much of Europe to cooperate. Your Nuremburg reference is stupid, I hope you know just how stupid.


Dear dear dear,
It seems we are approaching: "Godwin's Law". 8O :mrgreen:


_________________
I'm a thinker. Some think I'm a stinker. Pepe le Pew. ;)
Down with big business!...
I'm not here to change the world...There isn't a big enough soiled nappy bin... ;)
Autistic/scout motto: "Give me a better argument and I will listen..."
"Honesty is not a social duty, not a sacrifice for the sake of others, but the most profoundly selfish virtue man can practice: his refusal to sacrifice the reality of his own existence to the deluded consciousness of others."
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8) I'm a rationalist...Deal with it...:mrgreen:


Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 12 Aug 2019
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 791

14 Jan 2020, 5:25 pm

Pepe wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Half the country flipped out and got hysterical over 9/11 the same as with 45.


Is it the same half who doesn’t like being used and abused by their own government?



I can't speak for everyone regarding paranoia. I can say with certainty that we did not shoot down passenger planes afterwards.


You just blew up schools and hospitals, weddings, funerals etc and killed over a million people in Iraq and invaded Afghanistan and supported Al Qaeda in Syria and Libya.... no big deal eh.... :roll:


I think you're confusing 45 with 44 and 43. Trump is guilty of Solemani (which his country is grateful for), and only after 600+ US citizens were killed and several acts of war for the last year. And several bombings in Syria... Again, we will remain at an impasse because we both rely on intelligence from opposite leaning news sites.


Doesn't matter who the President is, they'd all would have been found guilty at Nuremberg. B.S. most people in Iran are against the murder as are people in the US. Any evidence for your b.s. claims? You rely on b.s.



Like hell, John. Nobody is stealing Irani/Iraqi business and absorbing their money. No one is rounding up Arabs and gassing them, or forcing them to work till they drop with no food, unless they do that to each other. If your government takes ships, attacks embassies, they might get blown up.
The Jews weren't doing anything to Europeans except existing and working... the Germans came up with some harebrained idea that they needed to be gone. And Hitler convinced much of Europe to cooperate. Your Nuremburg reference is stupid, I hope you know just how stupid.


Dear dear dear,
It seems we are approaching: "Godwin's Law". 8O :mrgreen:


Why are you surprised that Godwin's law is coming into play on this topic? I can see the surprise if the main topic of discussion was how to make ice cream flavored pancakes and Godwin's law came into play, but why are you surprised about it in a topic about the middle East?



Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2019
Age: 52
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,538
Location: Everville

14 Jan 2020, 6:38 pm

Pepe wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Half the country flipped out and got hysterical over 9/11 the same as with 45.


Is it the same half who doesn’t like being used and abused by their own government?



I can't speak for everyone regarding paranoia. I can say with certainty that we did not shoot down passenger planes afterwards.


You just blew up schools and hospitals, weddings, funerals etc and killed over a million people in Iraq and invaded Afghanistan and supported Al Qaeda in Syria and Libya.... no big deal eh.... :roll:


I think you're confusing 45 with 44 and 43. Trump is guilty of Solemani (which his country is grateful for), and only after 600+ US citizens were killed and several acts of war for the last year. And several bombings in Syria... Again, we will remain at an impasse because we both rely on intelligence from opposite leaning news sites.


Doesn't matter who the President is, they'd all would have been found guilty at Nuremberg. B.S. most people in Iran are against the murder as are people in the US. Any evidence for your b.s. claims? You rely on b.s.



Like hell, John. Nobody is stealing Irani/Iraqi business and absorbing their money. No one is rounding up Arabs and gassing them, or forcing them to work till they drop with no food, unless they do that to each other. If your government takes ships, attacks embassies, they might get blown up.
The Jews weren't doing anything to Europeans except existing and working... the Germans came up with some harebrained idea that they needed to be gone. And Hitler convinced much of Europe to cooperate. Your Nuremburg reference is stupid, I hope you know just how stupid.


Dear dear dear,
It seems we are approaching: "Godwin's Law". 8O :mrgreen:



It's always especially nice when someone who detests Israel ( an endeavor undertaken so that something like the Holocaust could never happen again ) throws it out there.


_________________
Disagreeing with you doesn't mean I hate you, it just means we disagree.


goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,564
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

15 Jan 2020, 8:07 am

EzraS wrote:
It seems most of those who flipped out and got hysterical over 45, seem to want a government that will regulate every aspect of their lives.


Sounds better for joe ave’s bank account & the environment than letting oligarchs run amok.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,188
Location: Twin Peaks

15 Jan 2020, 8:30 am

goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
It seems most of those who flipped out and got hysterical over 45, seem to want a government that will regulate every aspect of their lives.


Sounds better for joe ave’s bank account & the environment than letting oligarchs run amok.


The oligarchs will still be in control and joe ave will end up with less personal freedom and much higher taxes.



JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,595
Location: Palestine

15 Jan 2020, 8:44 am

Persephone29 wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
That's exactly what I meant. But it helps if US citizens aren't repeating the propaganda that is used to keep US forces in the region.



For the record, I don't want us supporting anyone but Israel. I think we ought to pull out and allow them to wipe each other out. Last Arab standing starts over...


You're in the region against US interests cause of Israel. The fake intelligence on Soleimani came from Israel like the fake intelligence before Iraq. Because of Israel you are supporting Al Qaeda. Nice going.


The US is going to do well regardless. I can't see any difference in Obama giving away the farm to the whole world. At least supporting an ally has some honor. Again, I don't believe you John. You hate Israel, so anything you say about them should be suspect.


Na. It is hurting business and jobs. Doesn't mean Obama was good. Obama increased your taxes to go to Israel and supported the head chopping Saudi ally. Plenty of the information I have learned comes from Israelis and/or Jews so your point isn't valid.


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"


JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,595
Location: Palestine

15 Jan 2020, 8:48 am

Persephone29 wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Half the country flipped out and got hysterical over 9/11 the same as with 45.


Is it the same half who doesn’t like being used and abused by their own government?



I can't speak for everyone regarding paranoia. I can say with certainty that we did not shoot down passenger planes afterwards.


You just blew up schools and hospitals, weddings, funerals etc and killed over a million people in Iraq and invaded Afghanistan and supported Al Qaeda in Syria and Libya.... no big deal eh.... :roll:


I think you're confusing 45 with 44 and 43. Trump is guilty of Solemani (which his country is grateful for), and only after 600+ US citizens were killed and several acts of war for the last year. And several bombings in Syria... Again, we will remain at an impasse because we both rely on intelligence from opposite leaning news sites.


Doesn't matter who the President is, they'd all would have been found guilty at Nuremberg. B.S. most people in Iran are against the murder as are people in the US. Any evidence for your b.s. claims? You rely on b.s.



Like hell, John. Nobody is stealing Irani/Iraqi business and absorbing their money. No one is rounding up Arabs and gassing them, or forcing them to work till they drop with no food, unless they do that to each other. If your government takes ships, attacks embassies, they might get blown up.
The Jews weren't doing anything to Europeans except existing and working... the Germans came up with some harebrained idea that they needed to be gone. And Hitler convinced much of Europe to cooperate. Your Nuremburg reference is stupid, I hope you know just how stupid.


The US did Iranian assets and money and out brutal sanctions on them that won't help the tens of thousands of Jews in Iran. And that's exactly what the US did in Iraq, stole money, blew everything up, gave them ISIS and killed over 1 million people. Everything was a reaction to US aggression and illegal occupation.

I was talking about wars of aggression. Nicely explained by a Zionist Jewish guy.


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"


Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,062
Location: Where angels do not fear to tread.

15 Jan 2020, 11:45 am

John honey,
Noam Chomsky is an anti-Zionist activist and is a personna non grata in Israel and has been refused entry into the country. :)


_________________
My best will just have to be good enough.


JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,595
Location: Palestine

15 Jan 2020, 12:12 pm

I know he's been banned from the country that is meant to be a safe haven for Jews lol. I've listened to a lot of Chomsky. He's said he's a Zionist and his views haven't changed but that Zionism has changed. He stayed in Israel when he was younger and lived in a Kibbutz.


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"


Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,062
Location: Where angels do not fear to tread.

15 Jan 2020, 12:48 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
I know he's been banned from the country that is meant to be a safe haven for Jews lol. I've listened to a lot of Chomsky. He's said he's a Zionist and his views haven't changed but that Zionism has changed. He stayed in Israel when he was younger and lived in a Kibbutz.


Indeed. He would have to pose a real threat to national security to be refused entry. It is a sanction that is not imposed lightly. :D


_________________
My best will just have to be good enough.