Page 10 of 13 [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2021, 5:49 pm

Fnord wrote:
[color=black] I pointed out that as long as someone was in a public place (or blocking my driveway), they should expect to be photographed, with or without permission.

Just out of curiosity the law permits video cameras to be installed in the home but does it permit an adult to take a camera and film a minor who is on the road? technically the teens were not on your property even if they did block your driveway.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2021, 6:10 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Fnord wrote:
I pointed out that as long as someone was in a public place (or blocking my driveway), they should expect to be photographed, with or without permission.
Just out of curiosity the law permits video cameras to be installed in the home but does it permit an adult to take a camera and film a minor who is on the road? technically the teens were not on your property even if they did block your driveway.
In that case, I will keep waiting for the SWAT team to bust down my door and arrest me for taking illegal photographs of fully-clothed people on a public street.  How soon do you think they will arrive?  Should I wear my blue suit or my black suit?

(Claiming moral equivalency between one's own
immoral acts and those of another is a null defense.)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2021, 6:26 pm

Fnord wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Fnord wrote:
I pointed out that as long as someone was in a public place (or blocking my driveway), they should expect to be photographed, with or without permission.
In that case, I will keep waiting for the SWAT team to bust down my door and arrest me for taking illegal photographs of fully-clothed people on a public street.  How soon do you think they will arrive?  Should I wear my blue suit or my black suit?

I don't know? there was an Asian tourist a couple of years ago filming girls on the beach without their consent. He was caught and given a warning and his camera was confiscated.

Your situation seems less severe but could the mother demand you hand over the pictures?

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2021, 8:00 pm

Any parent will step between his/her child and any person who is /or may be any sort of threat.
Even verbal/emotional/accusatory.
Regarding Fnord ‘s experience:
Illegal parking preventing exiting is illegal.
The courteous way to handle the follow-up would have for the mother to have expressed understanding for Fnord ‘s anger, but said
‘Here is a card with my name, address, and phone number. If anything involving my son causes concern, Please call me.’
Would that not have been better than making him even angrier?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2021, 9:33 pm

Sylkat wrote:
Any parent will step between his/her child and any person who is /or may be any sort of threat.
Even verbal/emotional/accusatory.

You would think so.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2021, 5:04 am

cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:
There was no attempt to injure the child, imo..

She's a 22 yr old adult and she rugby tacked a 14 yr old boy. I don't think she cared if she injured him.

I think she was merely intent on him not leaving.

If you watch the Gale King interview she was told by the hotel management that they would check with guests and that her phone could have been picked up by any of the guests.

Instead of leaving the matter with the hotel (which is what a normal person would do) she decided to follow the Harolds to the door and harassed them for no good reason. I think everybody knows she racially profiled the boy as the prime candidate for stealing the phone as there no evidence she followed anyone else in the hotel lobby and there was no evidence anyone else complied with her demands that everyone emptying their bags.

You said previously that she approached non-coloured people first.
Are you saying you were incorrect?

And one more thing,

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet."

Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)

THERE WILL BE NO COUP IN AMERICA!

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2021, 5:06 am

Sylkat wrote:
One thing that makes this incident of critical importance legally is that it will set a precedent of the illegality/criminality of physically assaulting, WHATEVER THE REASON OR INTENT, another person’s child.
This was not a mother, grandmother, babysitter or guardian slapping or spanking a misbehaving little boy who was under her care.
This was physical assault of a child whose father was standing RIGHT THERE.
She really thought it was her phone?
You tell the FATHER ‘I want to see that phone, please’

I believe the father told her to piss off.
Paraphrasing, of course. 8)

And one more thing,

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet."

Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)

THERE WILL BE NO COUP IN AMERICA!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2021, 6:18 am

Pepe wrote:
You said previously that she approached non-coloured people first.
Are you saying you were incorrect?

She originally claimed she asked everybody to empty their pockets (based on the first source) did but then watching the video she then admitted during the Gale King interview she only approached/attacked the boy apparently ignoring everyone else in the hotel lobby.

Her story keeps changing.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2021, 6:58 pm

She is being found to be an unstable person who is becoming increasingly violent.
She needs intervention, evaluation, therapy, definitely legal action for her proven assault on a child.
If she had done the same to an adult, she still needs to be in court.
Without something stopping her from progressing into further violence, someone’s going to be really hurt.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2021, 7:59 pm

Sylkat wrote:
She is being found to be an unstable person who is becoming increasingly violent.
She needs intervention, evaluation, therapy, definitely legal action for her proven assault on a child.
Without something stopping her from progressing into further violence, someone’s going to be really hurt.

Her level of privilege and lack of accountability is a serious problem. Bad parenting can be thrown in the mix.

But every time I look at the scenario I can't help but think she is being racist. Why? the fact she is unstable seems to be linked to her not having a filter in terms controlling what she was saying. Logically her making a beeline for the only black person in the lobby was triggered by a belief that she acted upon which is if anyone is likely to have taken her phone its most likely the black kid with dreadlocks.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2021, 8:17 pm

Sylkat wrote:

Do you have a source for your assertion regarding her "proven assault on a child"?

Given that at present the charges she is facing are:
Quote:
* Attempted Robbery
* Endangering the welfare of a child
* Attempted Grand Larceny
* Attempted Assault.

a statement such as yours could be considered defamatory (although whether she would ever become aware of it and take action against the site, or yourself personally, as a result is unknown), both as nothing has been "proven", and she has not even been charged with what you asserted ("attempted assault", and "Endangerment of a child" being the closest charges to what you stated, neither being "assault on a child", nor "proven" given the case has yet to go to court).

"When people express opinions that differ from yours, take it as a chance to grow. Seek to understand over being understood. Be curious, not defensive. The only way to disarm another human being is by listening." - Glennon Doyle Melton

Quote:
“There was a saying that a man's true character was revealed in defeat. I thought it was also revealed in victory.”
― Alison Goodman, Eon: Dragoneye Reborn

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2021, 8:28 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Sylkat wrote:

Her level of privilege and lack of accountability is a serious problem. Bad parenting can be thrown in the mix.

But every time I look at the scenario I can't help but think she is being racist. Why? the fact she is unstable seems to be linked to her not having a filter in terms controlling what she was saying. Logically her making a beeline for the only black person in the lobby was triggered by a belief that she acted upon which is if anyone is likely to have taken her phone its most likely the black kid with dreadlocks.

Considering the father is already filming on his mobile telephone, there was likely more occurring prior to what is shown. Similarly, they are reported to have just exited a lift, so what occurred prior to this would also not be included (more footage from the building's cameras would assist with that).

It is possible that she had already approached a number of people in the area (I seem to recall mention in an article (or post here) that she had already asked everyone present about it, and if so would therefore gravitate towards any potential new source which may either have the phone or information about it), and the focus on the child and father was because she hadn't approached them until that point, as they were not in the area (She already appears worked up at the point, which would suggest she had been looking for the device for a period of time before what is included in the footage thus far) - The fact they had reportedly recently exited the lift would not preclude the possibility that either of them may have seen it on a seat\table\? and picked it up prior to her being aware of their presence and approaching them.

"When people express opinions that differ from yours, take it as a chance to grow. Seek to understand over being understood. Be curious, not defensive. The only way to disarm another human being is by listening." - Glennon Doyle Melton

Quote:
“There was a saying that a man's true character was revealed in defeat. I thought it was also revealed in victory.”

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2021, 8:29 pm

Its been reported in a number of places that Ponsetto is being charged with endangering the welfare of a child but I think there is some communication breakdown since according to the law;
Endangering the Welfare of Children Defined
Section 4304, it is against the law for a parent, guardian, or anyone else supervising a child under the age of 18 to violate the duty of care, protection, or support owed to that child.

My understanding is that Ponsetto was in none of these roles so this can't be correct.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2021, 8:31 pm

The "Karen" likes to incite things it seems, and to be filmed doing it.

Why the hell did he pounce on that boy, and accuse of him taking her phone?

I'm not going to say she's automatically a racist----but I will say that she has an alcohol and anger problem.

She could be charged with third-degree assault, and endangering the welfare of a child. She has an arrest record in California; I'm not sure if she has any convictions (yet).

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2021, 8:57 pm

The parents seem adamant racism was involved
https://www.cbsnews.com/video/parents-o ... r-justice/

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2021, 9:51 pm

cyberdad wrote:
The parents seem adamant racism was involved
https://www.cbsnews.com/video/parents-o ... r-justice/

As do certain members here... Yet the only evidence provided so far in order to support the claim seems to be that the child and father were of a given race, whereas the female involved was of a different one...

Quote: