ID's are racist except when buying a gun, driving...

Page 6 of 9 [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 5:39 pm

The more caterwauling people do about how "Racist" the United States is the more I'm convinced that the media brainwashing has worked better than they could ever have believed. America is not a racist country.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 5:51 pm

You're right that a whole bloc in America has been brainwashed, but it's not the people calling out racism.

It's the folks who march with their traitor's rags and insist that they're not racists and it's merely an embrace of heritage. That heritage is a deeply racist heritage. That legacy of racism didn't just vanish when the south surrendered.

It's the folks who participated in or supported the treason of January 6th, took selfies while present and now try to insist it was actually all just ANTIFA trying to make them look bad. They don't need help looking bad, they do it all on their own.

It's the folks who stubbornly deny that any reports of racism could possible founded in truth. I guess if your head is buried firmly in the sand it's easy to not notice it, but being unaware of something isn't the same as having credible argument that something doesn't exist.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Daddy63
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 6:06 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
You're right that a whole bloc in America has been brainwashed, but it's not the people calling out racism.

It's the folks who march with their traitor's rags and insist that they're not racists and it's merely an embrace of heritage. That heritage is a deeply racist heritage. That legacy of racism didn't just vanish when the south surrendered.

It's the folks who participated in or supported the treason of January 6th, took selfies while present and now try to insist it was actually all just ANTIFA trying to make them look bad. They don't need help looking bad, they do it all on their own.

It's the folks who stubbornly deny that any reports of racism could possible founded in truth. I guess if your head is buried firmly in the sand it's easy to not notice it, but being unaware of something isn't the same as having credible argument that something doesn't exist.

Correct. Racism is alive and well in the Democratic Party. The President himself is segregationist and confederate apologist.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 6:13 pm

Daddy63 wrote:
Correct. Racism is alive and well in the Democratic Party. The President himself is segregationist and confederate apologist.

He certainly has worked with those sorts, he's certainly made some problematic statements over the years.

But he also hasn't courted those people in ages or made them into the core of his base. Democrats have a pretty problematic history; Republicans make it clear that their future will continue to be as problematic as their present and their past.

Dishonestly pretending like everything is even does little more than destroy the credibility of the person spewing those lies.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Daddy63
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 6:14 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:

He certainly has worked with those sorts, he's certainly made some problematic statements over the years.

But he also hasn't courted those people in ages or made them into the core of his base. Democrats have a pretty problematic history; Republicans make it clear that their future will continue to be as problematic as their present and their past.

Dishonestly pretending like everything is even does little more than destroy the credibility of the person spewing those lies.

He still supports segregation of our schools. It's evil.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 6:15 pm

Daddy63 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:

He still supports segregation of our schools. It's evil.

You've claimed this before and didn't bother to substantiate it.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Daddy63
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 6:38 pm

Here's Biden the confederate apologist in action:

For those who do know him, here are a few quotes from Thurmond to let you know what kind of man Biden is apologizing for:

“There’s not enough troops in the army, to force the Southern people to break down segregation and admit the n——- race into our theaters, into our swimming pools, into our homes, and into our churches.”

“All the bayonets of the Army cannot force the Negro into our homes, into our schools, our churches and our places of recreation and amusement”

“We stand for the segregation of the races and the racial integrity of each race.”

“Segregation in the South is honest, open and aboveboard. Of the two systems, or styles of segregation, the Northern and the Southern, there is no doubt whatever in my mind which is the better.”

Sadly and ironically, the most lasting legacy of Sen Thurmond was all of the crime legislation he co-authored with Biden in the 1970's and 1980's that specifically targeted African Americans with long mandatory jail terms for non-violent crimes. Biden disgustingly brags in the eulogy about how he and Thurmond strong-armed President Reagan into signing one of those bills.

Biden walked that fine line in the 1970's of opposing desegregation while supporting civil rights. That's why far left bigots like Eastman, Stennis, Talmadge, and others worked closely with Biden.

Only a couple of years after Biden became a Senator, the SCOTUS decision in Milliken v Bradley undermined Brown v Board of Education and to this day leaves our schools segregated in districts even when "gerrymandered" by skin color. Biden famously expressed he fear of his own children being exposed to the "racial jungle" of forced desegregation/bussing because of potential court decisions that might overturn Milliken.

To this day, Milliken v Bradley stands.

NoClearMind53
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Apr 2021, 5:20 am

Daddy63 wrote:
NoClearMind53 wrote:
The fact that voting is easier for rich retired suburban voters and harder for poor urban and younger students people.

That's gaslighting nonsense. Younger urban people have more access to public transportation and are generally in better health than older voters. There are many more polling locations in those urban areas as well making travel distances shorter. It's dramatically easier for them to vote compared to suburban and rural areas where by the way people of all skin colors reside as well.

Democrats run all of the election boards in those urban locations and make decisions on the numbers of polling locations. Notorious problem locations are Fulton County (Atlanta) and Wayne County (Detroit) where Democrats call the shots. You're not suggesting they aren't doing their jobs are you? Spinning it all to call everyone a racist or supremacist or what ever other fairytale makes it worse. Especially when it's Democrats running it all while calling everyone a racial supremacist.

Stop projecting. You are gaslighting. Full stop. I know from personal experience voting in the lily white suburb is easy. I never had to wait more than 15 minutes. What the hell are these 4 hour lines in the cities. You see it every time. How many people can take off 5 hours from work to vote? Retired boomers who vote GOP love disenfranchising everyone else by having voting only on a work day, no mail in, no early voting.

NoClearMind53
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Apr 2021, 5:28 am

Daddy63 wrote:
Here's Biden the confederate apologist in action:

For those who do know him, here are a few quotes from Thurmond to let you know what kind of man Biden is apologizing for:

“There’s not enough troops in the army, to force the Southern people to break down segregation and admit the n——- race into our theaters, into our swimming pools, into our homes, and into our churches.”

“All the bayonets of the Army cannot force the Negro into our homes, into our schools, our churches and our places of recreation and amusement”

“We stand for the segregation of the races and the racial integrity of each race.”

“Segregation in the South is honest, open and aboveboard. Of the two systems, or styles of segregation, the Northern and the Southern, there is no doubt whatever in my mind which is the better.”

Sadly and ironically, the most lasting legacy of Sen Thurmond was all of the crime legislation he co-authored with Biden in the 1970's and 1980's that specifically targeted African Americans with long mandatory jail terms for non-violent crimes. Biden disgustingly brags in the eulogy about how he and Thurmond strong-armed President Reagan into signing one of those bills.

Biden walked that fine line in the 1970's of opposing desegregation while supporting civil rights. That's why far left bigots like Eastman, Stennis, Talmadge, and others worked closely with Biden.

Only a couple of years after Biden became a Senator, the SCOTUS decision in Milliken v Bradley undermined Brown v Board of Education and to this day leaves our schools segregated in districts even when "gerrymandered" by skin color. Biden famously expressed he fear of his own children being exposed to the "racial jungle" of forced desegregation/bussing because of potential court decisions that might overturn Milliken.

To this day, Milliken v Bradley stands.

Nobody cares. Progressives don’t love Biden or any of those horrible ancient dinosaurs. We had no choice. If the GOP wasn’t so horrifically terrifying I would vote third party. At least you reactionaries have a party that represents your values. Your favorite party put up a disgusting pig and you all voted for him to “trigger the libs”. Wish I could just vote for Stalin’s ghost to “trigger” you.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

13 Apr 2021, 5:59 am

NoClearMind53 wrote:
Wish I could just vote for Stalin’s ghost to “trigger” you.

No, you don't. Really. You don't.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2021, 8:02 am

I wonder how all of my asian, hispanic, and black co-workers get to work without a drivers license? Since we all know that minorities can't get a government issued photo ID.

Daddy63
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2021, 9:38 am

So an overt segregationist is acceptable because he is at least moving the country towards some neo-Marxist nirvana and away from Capitalism. Got it.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2021, 10:10 am

The Devil has announced that the fiddle contest will no longer be held in Georgia due to the new racist election law.

Daddy63
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2021, 10:24 am

Mr Reynholm wrote:
The Devil has announced that the fiddle contest will no longer be held in Georgia due to the new racist election law.

We better rewrite the song too. Maybe this works for the Social Justice wackadoodles:

The Devil went down to Oregon
He was lookin' for a soul to steal

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2021, 2:25 am

uncommondenominator wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
You, most recently:

Brictoria wrote:
You either intentionally ignored the option of personal choice\need (the "intentional") posibillity, or had not considered it (hence the question mark appended to the suggestion it was intentional), through your use of the word "MUST" (which you specifically capitalized to emphasise the point), intended to show there were no other alternative reasons you were able to contemplate.

Where you still seem unsure as to my actions. And yet...

Me, BEFORE your above retort:

Yes, I did intentionally ignore that possibility, so that YOU would say it for me. That's the standard BS talking point.

Either you DIDN'T READ that part (eg. "read slower", mr smarty), or you IGNORED that part, in the process of carving up my message so you'd be arguing with ME rather than MY POINT (ad-hominem), while unironically whining about being misrepresented and personal attacks

Looking back over the thread...

You posed a request:
Remember, when you said "You seem to have (intentionally?) ignored the possibility that they had individually decided in the past that they didn't desire or require those items either" - well, if that's your ever-so-clever counter argument, back it up. Elaborate for us. Not just for l'il ol' me, I'm clearly a biased trololol

An answer was supplied (and selectively quoted in your reply as shown above):
Brictoria wrote:
Simply put: you appear to put a degree of thought into your posts...

By posting the following responce previously:
If it's supposedly "racist" to imply that they are "lesser", or to treat them in a "demeaning" manner, then why is it ok to imply that if they don't have these things, it MUST be because they're "lazy", or lack "personal responsibility"?

You either intentionally ignored the option of personal choice\need (the "intentional") posibillity, or had not considered it (hence the question mark appended to the suggestion it was intentional), through your use of the word "MUST" (which you specifically capitalized to emphasise the point), intended to show there were no other alternative reasons you were able to contemplate.

Your responce to this, a portion of which in included in the opening quote, attempts to distract from the fact that the request had been answered - using the information available at the time the original statement being questioned was made - because "information" (your "justification" for not having been aware of the alternative possibility until I had suggested it) that was not available at the time of making the original statement was not referred to, as well as including further attacks on the person you were replying to.

Conclusion:
Yet further evidence of a lack of good faith, as demonstrated by the tone of the responce and language used in it, as well as through the reaction when "information" (justification) that was not available at the time of making the statement being questioned was not referred to in explaining the reasoning behind the statement - If the "information" (your "justification" for not having been aware of the alternative possibility until I had suggested it) wasn't available at the time of making a statement, then there is no way that it could have formed part of the reasoning behind the statement, and so would have no part in explaining it.

As a side note, it is interesting (and not unexpected) to observe the continuation of the previously noted behaviour:
Brictoria wrote:
The inclusion of petty sarcasm and attmpting to antagonise the person you are responding to, coupled with frequest misrepresntation of their posts certainly meet the definition of trolling:
Quote:
to harass, criticize, or antagonize (someone) especially by provocatively disparaging or mocking public statements, postings, or acts

Source: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/troll

Blah blah blah :roll:

It's OK...Now that your "secret" racist views are out in the open, I'm sure people here (and elsewhere) can help educate you on the harm they cause, and so assist you in trying to overcome them [1].

After all, it's not entirely your fault (I understand environment, upbringing and education are significant factors in the adoption of these views, which are not always things which an individual has control over, particularly in the early\formative years when they commonly take root) that you feel that all those of a given race(s) are either not intelligent enough to be able to do something which those of all other races can do, or that otherwise the only other alternative you were able to conceive was that they MUST all be lazy (or, for that matter, that you question whether or not it is racist to consider all people of a given race(s) as "lesser" than those of other races, instead asserting that it is only 'supposedly "racist"' to do so):
If it's supposedly "racist" to imply that they are "lesser", or to treat them in a "demeaning" manner, then why is it ok to imply that if they don't have these things, it MUST be because they're "lazy", or lack "personal responsibility"?

The first step, now, is being able to admit to holding those racist views which involve your insistance that people of any given race are either "unintelligent" or MUST be "lazy" for not doing something, rather than considering the possibility of individuals (not all people of any given race are the same, and each has their own abilities, requirements, and desires (among other differences) - assuming all people of any given race are the same, or act in the same way is another racist trait that appears to be present based on the above-mentioned quote...) making personal choices based on their individual situations - It's also no good making a "standard BS talking point" in the hope others would be gullible enough to believe the claim, such as:
Yes, I did intentionally ignore that possibility, so that YOU would say it for me.

After all, believing that would require the reader to feel you had been communicating in good faith when making that claim, which would be clearly shown to be false through having commenced the post where the claim was made with such snark as:
You're funny :lol: HoNkA hOnKa!

I'd talk slower for you, but this is text, so I have no control over that. Read slower maybe?

Unfortunately, until you are able to admit this problem and provide evidence of having started work on overcoming it, it appears it will be difficult, if not impossible, to have any further discussion. Considering the effort and thought you appear to put into some of your posts on this site, I look forward to the day in the future when it becomes clear you have realized the harm caused by those views you espoused and have demonstrated sufficiently that they are no longer present, so that it may be possible to converse further.

[1] I would have offered to try and help you through this issue, but given the antipathy evidenced in your replies to my (and other members) posts here, it's probably better if others provide you with the required assistance\education.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2021, 8:25 am

:thumright: