Mass fatal shooting at Indianapolis Fed Ex Facility

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2021, 10:01 am

I wonder who this person who wants "no coverage" might be.....I suspect it's a phantom made up by somebody for whatever purpose.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2021, 10:04 am

I don't know if I already told this story, but I was shopping with a friend at the Tanger Outlet Mall in Sevierville, Tennesse a couple of years ago when a shooting occured. One killed, one injured. We didn't know about it until we got home. I saw emergency vehicles when I was walking from one store my friend was browsing to another, and back.

I figured someone had a medical emergency, as we exited the back entrance. We didn't know what had happened until we saw it on the news later. We worked out the time and realized we had been parked in front of the store where it happened five to seven minutes minuted before the shooting. Scary!

Oscar Meyer Lansky

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2021, 10:07 am

If I were in that situation, I would count myself fortunate that the "coincidence" didn't actually do me any harm.

But I can certainly understand how "just missing" an event, or the impact of the event, can affect a person.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 16 Apr 2021, 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2021, 10:10 am

Oh, we did feel very fortunate.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2021, 3:04 pm

Authorities were warned about FedEx suspect's potential for violence, sources say

Quote:
The suspect in the Indianapolis mass shooting at a FedEx Ground facility was known to federal and local authorities prior to the attack.

A family member of the suspected shooter reached out to authorities warning about the suspect's potential for violence, according to three law enforcement sources briefed on the matter.
It was not clear when the warning was given but the outreach was followed up by both local authorities and the FBI, which opened a preliminary investigation into any possible threat, the sources said.

The FBI eventually closed their inquiry into the suspect after concluding there wasn't sufficient evidence to continue it, according to the sources, who did not specify why federal investigators dropped the matter.

The suspect has not been publicly identified.
The FBI is helping Indianapolis Metro Police Department "on the search of the suspect's home," FBI Special Agent in Charge of the Indianapolis field office Paul Keenan said at a Friday morning news conference.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2021, 3:52 pm

I was just recently in that area. So senseless. And the shooter was only 19 too.

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2021, 6:20 pm

Indianapolis FedEx gunman was former employee

Quote:
The gunman who killed eight people at a FedEx facility in the US city of Indianapolis was a former employee, the company says.

Police named the suspect as 19-year-old Brandon Hole, who last worked at the company in 2020.

Craig McCartt, the deputy chief of criminal investigations, said that the gunman began firing as soon as he arrived at the building.
"This suspect came to the facility and when he came there, he got out of his car and pretty quickly started some random shooting outside the facility," he said.
"No confrontation or argument, he just appeared to randomly start shooting," he added.

A statement from FBI Indianapolis Special Agent in Charge Paul Keenan, said a shotgun was seized from the suspect in 2020 after his mother told authorities that he might try to get killed by a law enforcement officer, CBS News reports.

This is the third mass shooting in Indianapolis this year. Five were killed, including a pregnant woman, in a shooting in January. In March, three adults and one child were killed after an argument broke out over a coronavirus stimulus cheque.

The Gun Violence Archive puts the number of gun violence deaths from all causes at 12,395 so far this year in the US, of which 147 were in mass shootings. Last year saw a total of 43.549 deaths, and 610 in mass shootings.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2021, 11:46 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Authorities were warned about FedEx suspect's potential for violence, sources say
Quote:
The suspect in the Indianapolis mass shooting at a FedEx Ground facility was known to federal and local authorities prior to the attack.

A family member of the suspected shooter reached out to authorities warning about the suspect's potential for violence, according to three law enforcement sources briefed on the matter.
It was not clear when the warning was given but the outreach was followed up by both local authorities and the FBI, which opened a preliminary investigation into any possible threat, the sources said.

The FBI eventually closed their inquiry into the suspect after concluding there wasn't sufficient evidence to continue it, according to the sources, who did not specify why federal investigators dropped the matter.

The suspect has not been publicly identified.
The FBI is helping Indianapolis Metro Police Department "on the search of the suspect's home," FBI Special Agent in Charge of the Indianapolis field office Paul Keenan said at a Friday morning news conference.

Some reason this was a stock standard joke as far back as the 1980s that postal workers were most likely to be mass shooters.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2021, 6:32 am

Kid looks like a baby
Police Chief Randal Taylor noted that a "significant" number of employees at the FedEx facility are members of the Sikh community, and the Sikh Coalition later issued a statement saying it was "sad to confirm" that at least four of those killed were community members.

ummm where are the Asian brigade complaining about a hare crime? at least Indians have some sense.

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2021, 7:17 pm

I read the gunman, had been known to frequently visit White Supremacist websites; which, indicates a possible bigotry inspired fuel of actions

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2021, 2:19 am

longshot wrote:
I read the gunman, had been known to frequently visit White Supremacist websites; which, indicates a possible bigotry inspired fuel of actions

So where are the east Asians who were crying about the brothel murders? oh wait...these are the wrong coloured Asians