Page 1 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2021, 5:10 pm

The Anti-Defamation League has called on Fox News to fire Tucker Carlson for his on-air endorsement of the anti-semitic "great replacement" conspiracy theory

Quote:
The Anti-Defamation League has called for Tucker Carlson to be fired a day after the Fox News host openly embraced the white supremacist Great Replacement conspiracy theory on air.

"Given his long record of race-baiting, we believe it is time for Carlson to go," ADL CEO Jonathan Greenblatt said in a letter to Fox News CEO Suzanne Scott.

On Thursday night, Carlson alleged that Democrats were "importing a brand new electorate" of "Third World" immigrants to "dilute" the political power of Americans.

He referenced the replacement theory, a well-known racist philosophy that has inspired racist violence and mass murder in the US and around the world for years and presumes that white, western populations are facing a demographic ticking clock in multicultural societies.

A Fox News spokesperson told Insider that Carlson was making an argument about voting rights.

"I know that the left and all the little gatekeepers on Twitter become literally hysterical if you use the term 'replacement,' if you suggest that the Democratic Party is trying to replace the current electorate — the voters now casting ballots — with new people, more obedient voters from the Third World," Carlson told his audience of millions. "But they become hysterical because that's what's happening, actually. Let's just say it. That's true."

The letter sent by the ADL was first reported by CNN Business. In it, Greenblatt condemned Carlson's "open-ended endorsement of white supremacist ideology."

"This is not legitimate political discourse," Greenblatt wrote in the letter to Fox News CEO Suzanne Scott, according to CNN.

Demonizing immigrants is a recurring theme in Carlson's show, with the host once saying that immigrants make the country "dirtier."

In recent years, replacement theory has been referenced at the white supremacist march on Charlottesville in 2017, where extremists shouted slogans like "Jews will not replace us" and killed peaceful protestor Heather Heyer, and the 2019 El Paso Walmart mass shooting, where a white gunman intentionally targeted predominantly Latino victims.

Carlson has since doubled down on his comments and has faced no repercussions from Fox. Numerous white supremacists have expressed delight at his endorsement of this anti-semitic theory.

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides

salad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2021, 8:08 pm

roronoa79 wrote:
The Anti-Defamation League has called on Fox News to fire Tucker Carlson for his on-air endorsement of the anti-semitic "great replacement" conspiracy theory
Quote:
The Anti-Defamation League has called for Tucker Carlson to be fired a day after the Fox News host openly embraced the white supremacist Great Replacement conspiracy theory on air.

"Given his long record of race-baiting, we believe it is time for Carlson to go," ADL CEO Jonathan Greenblatt said in a letter to Fox News CEO Suzanne Scott.

On Thursday night, Carlson alleged that Democrats were "importing a brand new electorate" of "Third World" immigrants to "dilute" the political power of Americans.

He referenced the replacement theory, a well-known racist philosophy that has inspired racist violence and mass murder in the US and around the world for years and presumes that white, western populations are facing a demographic ticking clock in multicultural societies.

A Fox News spokesperson told Insider that Carlson was making an argument about voting rights.

"I know that the left and all the little gatekeepers on Twitter become literally hysterical if you use the term 'replacement,' if you suggest that the Democratic Party is trying to replace the current electorate — the voters now casting ballots — with new people, more obedient voters from the Third World," Carlson told his audience of millions. "But they become hysterical because that's what's happening, actually. Let's just say it. That's true."

The letter sent by the ADL was first reported by CNN Business. In it, Greenblatt condemned Carlson's "open-ended endorsement of white supremacist ideology."

"This is not legitimate political discourse," Greenblatt wrote in the letter to Fox News CEO Suzanne Scott, according to CNN.

Demonizing immigrants is a recurring theme in Carlson's show, with the host once saying that immigrants make the country "dirtier."

In recent years, replacement theory has been referenced at the white supremacist march on Charlottesville in 2017, where extremists shouted slogans like "Jews will not replace us" and killed peaceful protestor Heather Heyer, and the 2019 El Paso Walmart mass shooting, where a white gunman intentionally targeted predominantly Latino victims.

Carlson has since doubled down on his comments and has faced no repercussions from Fox. Numerous white supremacists have expressed delight at his endorsement of this anti-semitic theory.

As much as I hate the ADL Tucker Carlson's comments were deeply racist and anti-Semitic.

Master Oogway

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2021, 9:53 pm

If you play with fire....well...it was only a matter of time Fox would have to dump this crazed idiot.

Even Trump eventually fired Steve Bannon (and that's saying something).

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2021, 12:13 am

I listen to some of the crap tucker says and wonder how he can be allowed on the air at all.

ADL has every right to complain. Problem is that tucker's fans will take their opposition as confirmation that tucker is right.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2021, 3:51 am

goldfish21 wrote:
I listen to some of the crap tucker says and wonder how he can be allowed on the air at all.

ADL has every right to complain. Problem is that tucker's fans will take their opposition as confirmation that tucker is right.

reached a critical mass....

Daddy63
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2021, 9:05 am

salad wrote:
As much as I hate the ADL Tucker Carlson's comments were deeply racist and anti-Semitic.

Now you're making stuff up to call someone Anti-Semitic. Did you even watch the real video? When did he say something racist or even talk about someone being Jewish?

This is fabricated nonsense and you fell for it.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2021, 9:19 am

Why would Fox fire him for doing his job? :scratch:

Unless advertisers started to push back like they did when Glenn Beck's guano peddling became too much to bear being associated with.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Daddy63
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2021, 9:24 am

funeralxempire wrote:

Unless advertisers started to push back like they did when Glenn Beck's guano peddling became too much to bear being associated with.

Why would anyone get fired from any job because of fabricated accusation?

We should all stand against this nonsense regardless of our worldviews.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2021, 9:29 am

Daddy63 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

It's not a fabricated accusation, he was very clearly espousing replacement theory in the clip you provided.

That's what the Klan types in Charlottesville were referencing when they were chanting 'Jews will not replace us'.
They don't literally mean Jewish people are going to become a bigger demographic, they believe in a conspiracy where immigrants are being used to dilute the votes of white nationalists and impose a political system they don't agree with on them. This is typically blamed on some 'global elite' which is usually coded language for 'the Jews'.

If it were a fabricated accusation you might have a point but it's not.

Why would naturalized citizens from socially conservative places vote against the socially conservative party unless that party consistently relied on attacking them to motivate their base?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Daddy63
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2021, 9:34 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

It's not a fabricated accusation, he was very clearly espousing replacement theory in the clip you provided.

That's what the Klan types in Charlottesville were referencing when they were chanting 'Jews will not replace us'.
They don't literally mean Jewish people are going to become a bigger demographic, they believe in a conspiracy where immigrants are being used to dilute the votes of white nationalists and impose a political system they don't agree with on them. This is typically blamed on some 'global elite' which is usually coded language for 'the Jews'.

He's talking about US Progressives replacing voters through legal and illegal immigration programs for political benefit. This isn't some disgusting hidden genocide language. Adjust that tinfoil hat and hope for a better conspiracy theory next time.

The KKK were racist progressives, just like most progressives. Again and as you now know, the POTUS is a segregationist. Enough of the nonsensical projection and deflection.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2021, 9:44 am

Daddy63 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

He's talking about US Progressives replacing voters through legal and illegal immigration programs for political benefit. This isn't some disgusting hoiden genocide language. Adjust that tinfoil hat and hope for a better conspiracy theory next time.

The KKK were racist progressives, just like most progressives. Again and as you now know, the POTUS is a segregationist. Enough of the nonsensical projection and deflection.

The Klan were southern conservatives even when they were Democrats.

He's insisting that allowing people to become citizens reduces the power of his vote and it is part of a plot to weaken the grasp on power conservatives currently have. It's silly for him to suggest that because most of the people who will be made citizens if they're naturalized would be likely Republican voters if the GOP had followed the plans of guys like Mitt Romney and George W Bush instead of listening to their xenophobic base.

Who ever mentioned genocide? One can be a monster without being a genocidal monster.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Last edited by funeralxempire on 20 Apr 2021, 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

salad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2021, 10:28 am

Daddy63 wrote:
salad wrote:

Now you're making stuff up to call someone Anti-Semitic. Did you even watch the real video? When did he say something racist or even talk about someone being Jewish?

Rich, coming from the guy who called me anti-Semitic for not supporting Israel, when I'm Palestinian LMAO :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Buddy after last time talking to you where I publicly humiliated you in front of all of WP, where I gave you 1 simple argument to refute that was only 5 sentences long and you spent 4 pages on WP evading and ducking from it and calling me anti-Semitic just for posing a simple argument refuting the IDF being innocent, the fact that you have the audacity to show yourself again and confront me and say I'm wrong for calling out an actual anti-Semitic statement, is so many levels of irony and richness I actually fell out of my chair laughing. You are literally the stupidest member on the entire forum of WP, something I can't say for anyone else. For 4 pages you couldn't even refute a single argument I gave against the IDF without having to resort to name calling and comparing me to Hitler and calling me anti-semitic, and now you dare show your face on WP and call me out ironically for supposedly incorrectly calling someone anti-semitic for peddling an anti-Semitic conspiracy theory, coming from the guy who called me anti-Semitic for hating an organization condemned by every international body as deeply terroristic?

Please don't waste my time. You are without question the worst debater on WP I have ever argued with, and I am not going to waste my time engaging in another round of argument with the guy who spent 4 pages unable to refute a simple argument without resorting to name calling and attacks. From now on whenever I debate or enlighten people on WP I make sure they're people who actually have the intellectual capacity of someone above age 5, which you clearly lack.

Master Oogway

Daddy63
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2021, 10:51 am

salad wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
salad wrote:

Rich, coming from the guy who called me anti-Semitic for not supporting Israel, when I'm Palestinian LMAO :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Buddy after last time talking to you where I publicly humiliated you in front of all of WP, where I gave you 1 simple argument to refute that was only 5 sentences long and you spent 4 pages on WP evading and ducking from it and calling me anti-Semitic just for posing a simple argument refuting the IDF being innocent, the fact that you have the audacity to show yourself again and confront me and say I'm wrong for calling out an actual anti-Semitic statement, is so many levels of irony and richness I actually fell out of my chair laughing. You are literally the stupidest member on the entire forum of WP, something I can't say for anyone else. For 4 pages you couldn't even refute a single argument I gave against the IDF without having to resort to name calling and comparing me to Hitler and calling me anti-semitic, and now you dare show your face on WP and call me out ironically for supposedly incorrectly calling someone anti-semitic for peddling an anti-Semitic conspiracy theory, coming from the guy who called me anti-Semitic for hating an organization condemned by every international body as deeply terroristic?

Please don't waste my time. You are without question the worst debater on WP I have ever argued with, and I am not going to waste my time engaging in another round of argument with the guy who spent 4 pages unable to refute a simple argument without resorting to name calling and attacks. From now on whenever I debate or enlighten people on WP I make sure they're people who actually have the intellectual capacity of someone above age 5, which you clearly lack.

When you smear an organization set up to defend the Jewish people in the face of a genocide as a terrorist organization, people are going to rightly call you Anti-Semitic and they are going to ignore your propaganda.

Question for you:

Without the IDF, would there be any Jews left today in the Middle East which was nearly the case in the early part of the previous century?

Daddy63
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2021, 10:54 am

funeralxempire wrote:

He's insisting that allowing people to become citizens reduces the power of his vote and it is part of a plot to weaken the grasp on power conservatives currently have. It's silly for him to suggest that because most of the people who will be made citizens if they're naturalized would be likely Republican voters if the GOP had followed the plans of guys like Mitt Romney and George W Bush instead of listening to their xenophobic base.

Who ever mentioned genocide? One can be a monster without being a genocidal monster.

Replacement Theory is a perceived threat of genocide. I guess it could be a perceived threat of displacement rather than genocide depending on how you see it.

The KKK were/are progressives and racists in my opinion. The old-style racist Democrats from Andrew Jackson to LBJ were openly racist and progressive as well from Andrew Jackson’s policies for the ‘common man’ to the great society of LBJ. William Fulbright is another perfect example of an openly racist yet progressive politician. While he fought for every social benefit program imaginable for all people regardless of race, he believed Blacks to be inferior to Whites and fought for the segregation of our schools and society. Disgustingly, President Clinton gave Fulbright a Presidential Medal of Freedom in recognition of his progressive accomplishments. Equally as disgusting, the global Fulbright Scholarship program still bears the name of this racist Senator.

If you really believe Progressives aren’t and weren’t racists, you probably believe the Southern Democrat propaganda nonsense of the party switch that supposed happened in the 1960’s. A simple way to get to the truth is to go to a decade later when Joe Biden becomes a Senator in 1973 and go through the Senate, senator by senator, looking for those who were aggressively battling for segregation and had repeatedly voted to block civil rights in their careers. There are roughly 20 of them and all but 2 are progressive Democrats. If you don’t think they were progressives, look at their voting records. They were all like Sen Fulbright -- progressive to the core.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2021, 11:04 am

Daddy63 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Replacement Theory is a perceived threat of genocide. I guess it could be a perceived threat of displacement rather than genocide depending on how you see it.

Immigration isn't genocide, pretending that it is and using that to justify adopting more explicitly white supremacist/white nationalist laws is inventing an excuse to codify racism into law.

They don't hide that part of their agenda and they don't hide their anti-democratic leanings. Those who care about liberal democracy are correct in viewing these types as ideological enemies who wish to destroy their society. They're not conservatives anymore, they're not rooted in the liberal democratic ideals that America was founded on. They're reactionary nationalists who believe they can invent the utopia of their nostalgic fantasies if only they just take away enough people's rights or deport them. You're an idiot to support them because their fantasies don't include you either and by the time you realize it odds are it will be too late.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Daddy63
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2021, 11:28 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Immigration isn't genocide, pretending that it is and using that to justify adopting more explicitly white supremacist/white nationalist laws is inventing an excuse to codify racism into law.

They don't hide that part of their agenda and they don't hide their anti-democratic leanings. Those who care about liberal democracy are correct in viewing these types as ideological enemies who wish to destroy their society. They're not conservatives anymore, they're not rooted in the liberal democratic ideals that America was founded on. They're reactionary nationalists who believe they can invent the utopia of their nostalgic fantasies if only they just take away enough people's rights or deport them. You're an idiot to support them because their fantasies don't include you either and by the time you realize it odds are it will be too late.

You still believe in this party switch nonsense. Again, go through the Senate in 1973. I don't think you honestly analyze it and arrive at the same conclusion.

The progressives in American are still the racists and segregationist today. Why is it that US pubic schools are among the worst in the developing world? Progressives have funded all schools to more than adequate levels but their segregationist and racist policies have left our African American children stuck in violent, failing schools just so their own kids aren't exposed to a "racial jungle." Even worse, progressives deny African American families better options for their kids though there are many available in all of these cities through other public and private schools. It's an ongoing tradegy.