New data shows deaths by vaccination status in England

Page 1 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Soliloquist
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Jun 2021, 1:49 pm

This data released by Public Health England shows delta variant cases
over the period of 1st of February to the 14th of June.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2021, 5:58 pm

This data seems inconsistent with recommendations and other data I am seeing. I need to understand more about its methodology and percentage of population to reach any conclusions.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2021, 7:49 pm

Right, and I'd also like to see the source of the data.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2021, 7:54 pm

The data likely includes recent infections from the Delta strain, which AZ doesn't fully stop.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2021, 9:08 pm

Well if the idiot government done the proper thing and closed all the borders for holiday-makers and migration then we wouldn't be having this problem, would we?

This is why I believe there is more to it than what the media wants us to know. If the government really cared about saving lives so much then they'd close all borders to all other countries, until we get things under control. But they won't. All they do is let people in and out, bringing these varients with them, then putting us all into lockdown again and again. Lockdown should be the very, very, very last thing any democratic government wants to do. Last spring was understandable; the virus was new, we had no vaccines and we knew nothing about how to control it so lockdown had to be introduced. Now it seems to be something the government wants to do at the drop of a hat rather than dealing with things properly (ie CLOSING OUR BORDERS!! !! !)

It's dictatorship. Lies. Communism. I don't trust anything these days. I don't trust the government. Hence why I'm not having a vaccine until there's more stable evidence that the vaccines are 100% worth it.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2021, 10:37 am

Joe90 wrote:
It's dictatorship. Lies. Communism. I don't trust anything these days. I don't trust the government. Hence why I'm not having a vaccine until there's more stable evidence that the vaccines are 100% worth it.

Listen to yourself. Your understandable anxiety is starting to turn you loopy, into a conspiracy theorist. You have 100% right to be that way, but I think it leads to unfortunate results downstream.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2021, 4:15 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
The data likely includes recent infections from the Delta strain, which AZ doesn't fully stop.

The data is missing the vaccination type, which could be the difference. We have the delta variant where I live but no one here got the AZ vaccination.

I’m not going to jump into conspiracy theories. I am going to hold on and/or search for better information.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2021, 12:06 am

Joe90 wrote:
Well if the idiot government done the proper thing and closed all the borders for holiday-makers and migration then we wouldn't be having this problem, would we?

You mean, as Australia did?
But Australia is an island.
Oh, wait. :idea: 8)

Remember those people streaming "XENOPHOBIA", when anyone suggested the borders be closed?
Serious egg on their faces. :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2021, 12:14 am

Joe90 wrote:

You can't trust any government blindly, agreed. :wink:
People need to hone their critical thinking skills.

BTW, "Speculation" is not "Conspiracy Theory", Bea.
Haven't people learnt anything after the fauci/daskas/ccp/W.H.O. disinformation abomination? :scratch:

3.8M and counting. 8)

SpiceWolf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2021, 4:54 am

Their is quite a lot of hard data coming out now that justifies caution.

And their is nothing insane or "tinfoil hat"-ish about waiting for more evidence, when something is unclear.
That's a very grounded and sensible approach.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2021, 5:32 am

Pepe wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

Haven't people learnt anything after the fauci/daskas/ccp/W.H.O. disinformation abomination? :scratch:

3.8M and counting. 8)

The lab leak theory was mocked during Trump period, now even Biden is talking about it. lol

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2021, 5:53 am

How about 200,000 - 300,000 cases a day in the US this winter; 10,000 - 15,000 cases a day now? It’s not just that it’s summer.

5,000 cases a day in NYC during winter; 150 - 200 a day now?

And now….we have the Delta Variant.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2021, 7:53 pm

SpiceWolf wrote:

Their is quite a lot of hard data coming out now that justifies caution.

And their is nothing insane or "tinfoil hat"-ish about waiting for more evidence, when something is unclear.
That's a very grounded and sensible approach.

Agreed.

This is the skeptical/scientific methodology/mindset.
Patience + more reliable information coming in.
Less rubbish going out.

An intelligent mind maintains objectivity and doesn't blindly embrace everything/k the media and the establishment presents.
The media, in particular, has shown it has little credibility and is often catering to its political and big business overlords.
True journalism is dead.
Even the the more credible right-wing information sources I view, are showing too much bias, for my liking.
Leave Uncle Joe alone. 8)

People who embrace a binary view of life are naive, foolish or have a personal agenda that they are nurturing.
How can anyone not see the value of keeping an open mind and developing their critical thinking skills?

And those who skream "Conspiracy Theory" often have a personal investment in cancelling valid speculation.
Hellow fauci, daszak, adhanom. [wave] :mrgreen:
BTW, how is fauci still employed? :scratch:

The skunk has spoken. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2021, 7:57 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

3.8M and counting. 8)

The lab leak theory was mocked during Trump period, now even Biden is talking about it. lol

No politics involved there. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

3.8M and counting.
Humanity. :eew:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2021, 7:59 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
How about 200,000 - 300,000 cases a day in the US this winter; 10,000 - 15,000 cases a day now? It’s not just that it’s summer.

5,000 cases a day in NYC during winter; 150 - 200 a day now?

And now….we have the Delta Variant.

Is this a non-sequitur?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2021, 8:59 pm

No. It’s evidence that the vaccines are working.