Woman calls cops another Black Jogger

Page 67 of 70 [ 1117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70  Next

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2021, 1:47 am

Interesting portion of an interview with Ms Cooper's lawyer which focussed on her case:

Discussion of this incident begins at around 6:30 into this video, with the earlier portion leading up to it on related, but not directly connected, issues ...

A couple of interesting items that I hadn't been aware of:
* Ms Cooper is either autistic, or at least "on the spectrum" - At one pont her lawyer starts saying she is autistic, then part way through changes to "on the spectrum", which could be read to mean that she simply has traits, or that it was a decision to use different terminology in order to avoid prejudices some listeners may have around autism (Or, perhaps, she is ashamed of this and doesn't want it widely known?).
* Ms Cooper only had her dog off the leash where she was because the places where it was permitted to do so had been closed (covid), so there was no "permitted" area in which she could otherwise have allowed the dog to run around.
* Ms Cooper sounded the way she did in the video because her reception on the phone was not good, meaning that the person she was speaking to on her call wasn't able to hear her and she was paniced as a result.

It was certainly interesting to get more context around the incident, which was, for some reason, missing from previous reporting on it.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2021, 3:16 am

Brictoria wrote:
IAt one pont her lawyer starts saying she is autistic, then part way through changes to "on the spectrum", which could be read to mean that she simply has traits,

Or the lawyer was coaching Ms Cooper to pretend she has autistic traits to bolster her flimsy unfair dismissal legal case against FT.

Wouldn't be the first time a shifty person pretended some type of impairment to get legal leverage.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2021, 4:10 am

Good find Brictoria.

Robert Barnes is a MAGA lawyer.
Alex Jones ratchets up his Sandy Hook defense

Quote:
Robert Barnes, a high-profile Los Angeles lawyer who has embraced Alex Jones’ view that the lawsuits against him from Sandy Hook parents are part of a conspiracy to silence Jones and undermine President Donald Trump, has taken command of the Austin broadcaster’s legal defense against those suits in Texas and Connecticut

8 Covington Catholic Teens Sue ‘Most Egregious High-Profile Individuals’ for Defamation
Quote:
Lawyers for eight Covington Catholic students (John Does 1-8) filed a defamation lawsuit on Thursday in Kentucky’s Kenton County Circuit Court against 12 individuals — lawmakers, journalists/media figures and social media personalities included.

Attorneys Robert Barnes (disclosure: Barnes has written columns for Law&Crime) and Kevin Murphy began the suit by going back to January 18, 2019, when, they say,

The Man Who Made $500,000 Off Trump’s Win

Amy Cooper was not “jumped” by Christian Cooper. While it true crime is up a lot in New York Central Park in the morning does not resemble Kafkaesque at all. To me the lawyer like Cooper did is playing the race card. With using words like jumped and Kafka he is invoking the black man mugging or raping white women stereotypes.

Amy Cooper may or may not be autistic but I would not trust this guys word for it.

If I were Amy Cooper I would get another lawyer. If she is trying to prove she is not racist she hired the absolute wrong lawyer for the job. New York City is the last place I would expect this tactic to work.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2021, 4:41 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
To me the lawyer like Cooper did is playing the race card. With using words like jumped and Kafka he is invoking the black man mugging or raping white women stereotypes.

Amy Cooper may or may not be autistic but I would not trust this guys word for it.

If I were Amy Cooper I would get another lawyer. If she is trying to prove she is not racist she hired the absolute wrong lawyer for the job. New York City is the last place I would expect this tactic to work.

You think she doesn't know it? There's a persistent attempt to portray Amy Cooper as some innocent naive damsel. She worked in a high level position in a major finance firm in one of the most competitive job markets in the world. She is a more astute than what is being portrayed. She slipped up because her ego was threatened by a gay black man who filmed and revealed her attempt malicious piece of fiction (however, when you watch Christian's video Amy's fake acting skills certainly need work).

I actually think she's desperate, and no lawyer with any integrity will touch her with a 40 ft pole, that's why she's relying on this fellow.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2021, 4:42 am

she needs to move to someplace like spokane or omaha.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2021, 4:49 am

auntblabby wrote:

I'm sure there are plenty from MAGA country wanting to help her.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2021, 4:52 am

cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

more like wanting to make her barefoot and pregnant and subservient, that is the way magas roll.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2021, 4:53 am

auntblabby wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

more like wanting to make her barefoot and pregnant and subservient, that is the way magas roll.

Yes that too :lol:
But first get that damned "uppity gay negro"

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2021, 7:33 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:

Were there anything to gain when making such a claim, I'd be inclined to agree it was suspicious. However, given this came up during a general discussion which veered onto the case, and there was no "benefit" to be derived from making the claim at that time (It's not like it was being used in court as "mitigating circumstances", for example), I'm more inclined to believe it.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2021, 9:32 am

Brictoria wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Were there anything to gain when making such a claim, I'd be inclined to agree it was suspicious. However, given this came up during a general discussion which veered onto the case, and there was no "benefit" to be derived from making the claim at that time (It's not like it was being used in court as "mitigating circumstances", for example), I'm more inclined to believe it.

Lawyers have been known to try or test possible strategies in public before using them during the trial. A lawyers job is supposed to be to help their client. This sometimes involves not only court cases but possible book deals and public appearances. If the client is more “interesting” the more people would want to read and see the client. Autism might be a tactic brand the client as interesting.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2021, 9:56 am

Brictoria wrote:
* Ms Cooper is either autistic, or at least "on the spectrum" - At one pont her lawyer starts saying she is autistic, then part way through changes to "on the spectrum", which could be read to mean that she simply has traits, or that it was a decision to use different terminology in order to avoid prejudices some listeners may have around autism (Or, perhaps, she is ashamed of this and doesn't want it widely known?).

Perhaps her attorney will argue her autism causes her a known autistic trait of *stilted speech*.

Stilted speech
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stilted_speech

"speech conveying more information than necessary"

So this is why she said .... "I'm going to tell them there's an African American man threatening my life"

Her nature is to convey more information than necessary, such as *African American*.

Not racism, rather, stilted speech.

Be the hero of your life.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2021, 9:19 pm

auntblabby wrote:

She can move to Montana where many people there are MAGA nutters. I saw lot of Trump stuff here last summer. It's all gone now that he is out of office. Doesn't mean they no longer like him.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2021, 9:29 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
Not racism, rather, stilted speech.

Nope...that's not going to work.

She would need to use cognitive impairment as a defence. That's her only hope. And that ain't happening because she told Christian Cooper "If you don't stop recording me I am going to tell the dispatch that an African American man is attacking me"

However much you and Brictoria dance around for 100* pages no amount of obfuscation or distraction will change the crystal clear reality that Amy Cooper knew what she was saying

I posit she has aero/zilch hope of convincing a judge otherwise.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2021, 10:24 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
If I were Amy Cooper I would get another lawyer.

The lawyer in the video is not her present lawyer.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2021, 11:16 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
If I were Amy Cooper I would get another lawyer.

The lawyer in the video is not her present lawyer.

Are you sure? I haven't seen anything suggesting he isn't (I've seen quite a lot suggesting he is, though), so would be interested to see where he left her legal team.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2021, 11:26 pm

Brictoria wrote:
Are you sure? I haven't seen anything suggesting he isn't (I've seen quite a lot suggesting he is, though), so would be interested to see where he left her legal team.

Her new attorneys are listed on the lawsuit, page 24.

From memory, these are employment lawyers, while Barnes is a civil rights lawyer.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... er-lawsuit