Anyone Keeping Up With the January 6th Riot?

Page 3 of 23 [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 7:28 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
Would it seriously kill the GOP to move to the center.

A lot of GOP politicians are acting like they will be killed if they move to the center.

They are scared of their constituents

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 7:32 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
kokopelli wrote:
It's a great mistake to think of Trump and his Cult as being Conservative. They are, in fact, anything but Conservative. They are radicals.

Conservatives want to preserve things as they are. If changes are to be made, they should be made slowly out of caution in order to avoid causing greater problems.

Radicals want to tear things down. They want change NOW. Change becomes more important than the results.

Trump and his Cult are far from Conservative. The January 6 attempted coup was yet another example of the extent of their radical, anti-American propensities.

They're reactionaries. They're more utopian than traditional conservatives.

There were revolutionaries who caused arguably the worst insurrection since the civil war. They are whining and complaining. They have no clue how fortunate they are. They should have been treated like the Confederates were back in the day but I guess that would have been bad optics. :roll:

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 7:56 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
envirozentinel wrote:
So Mr Reynholm thinks there was no insurrection in this universe? :roll:

You might call Election Day 2016 an insurrection. But I think peaceful uprising would be a more apt description. Either way it was a huge middle finger to the DC elite ruling class. Thats why the whole "Russia" hoax. The establishment types could not admit that THEY were the problem. The visceral reaction to Trump over the last 4 years is a warning to any private citizen who dares to run for president again.

Peaceful????Armed thugs invading the capital??A noose on the lawn for Pence?In any other nation it would be called an attempted coup.
Exactly what it was.

I said Election Day 2016. Not January 6 2021.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 7:57 pm

Fnord wrote:
The January 6th coup attempt was a planned event -- they even had tee-shirts made!

Well, here's a picture of a t-shirt so I guess Trump is guilty! PPppfffttt!! !!
What exactly does this prove?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 8:02 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
kokopelli wrote:
It's a great mistake to think of Trump and his Cult as being Conservative. They are, in fact, anything but Conservative. They are radicals.

Conservatives want to preserve things as they are. If changes are to be made, they should be made slowly out of caution in order to avoid causing greater problems.

Radicals want to tear things down. They want change NOW. Change becomes more important than the results.

Trump and his Cult are far from Conservative. The January 6 attempted coup was yet another example of the extent of their radical, anti-American propensities.

They're reactionaries. They're more utopian than traditional conservatives.

There were revolutionaries who caused arguably the worst insurrection since the civil war. They are whining and complaining. They have no clue how fortunate they are. They should have been treated like the Confederates were back in the day but I guess that would have been bad optics. :roll:

I'm just saying that conservative ideals are generally hostile to revolution/insurrection, once that behaviour starts to be encouraged and expressed there's another term to describe those people on the right.

Luckily conservatives and moderates don't usually turn reactionary unless they're worried about a leftist revolution and lefties don't seem to keen on pursuing that at the moment. At this moment the reactionaries seem like a bigger threat to national security so the situation that allowed fascist-like movements to come to power in Europe 90 years ago isn't repeating. If the militia movement/QAnon/pol/ guys start shooting the state isn't going to be on their side.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 8:04 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
envirozentinel wrote:

You might call Election Day 2016 an insurrection. But I think peaceful uprising would be a more apt description. Either way it was a huge middle finger to the DC elite ruling class. Thats why the whole "Russia" hoax. The establishment types could not admit that THEY were the problem. The visceral reaction to Trump over the last 4 years is a warning to any private citizen who dares to run for president again.

Peaceful????Armed thugs invading the capital??A noose on the lawn for Pence?In any other nation it would be called an attempted coup.
Exactly what it was.

Fair enough, for Election Day 2016 wasn't an insurrection unless one redefines insurrection entirely.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 8:12 pm

Adam Shiff deserves an Academy award for his performance today. Maybe an additional award for his two sham impeachments too. Its all theater with the goal of being able to ban or de-platform any dissent from the Leftist narrative.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 9:05 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
envirozentinel wrote:

Exactly what it was.

My bad.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 9:19 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Fnord wrote:
The January 6th coup attempt was a planned event -- they even had tee-shirts made!

Well, here's a picture of a t-shirt so I guess Trump is guilty! PPppfffttt!! ! !
What exactly does this prove?

It proves the riot was premeditated, rather than just something that happened out of the blue, as shirts were made to rally support. And if this had all been planned, then Trump's own words to the Proud Boy, "Stand down and stand back," can be inferred to mean he had been in communication with them regarding the riot.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 9:34 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
It proves the riot was premeditated, rather than just something that happened out of the blue, as shirts were made to rally support. And if this had all been planned, then Trump's own words to the Proud Boy, "Stand down and stand back," can be inferred to mean he had been in communication with them regarding the riot.

There is no dispute it was premeditated. The question is how members of the republican party were involved in showing rioters the inside of the Capitol building and in collaborating in sharing plans of the building and where Nancy Pelosi's office was,

Why again is the Trump family exempt from investigation when there were pictures of all of them including Ivanka cheering the mob as they invaded the building intending to lynch (among congressmen and women) Trump's deputy Mike Pence,

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 10:05 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

There is no dispute it was premeditated. The question is how members of the republican party were involved in showing rioters the inside of the Capitol building and in collaborating in sharing plans of the building and where Nancy Pelosi's office was,

Why again is the Trump family exempt from investigation when there were pictures of all of them including Ivanka cheering the mob as they invaded the building intending to lynch (among congressmen and women) Trump's deputy Mike Pence,

Who knows, maybe this investigation will nail more than one Trump.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 5:38 am

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-lawmaker ... 39003.html

And here's that louse, Mo Brooks, admitting to how he had been "tipped off" about violence on November 6th, and so came to the rally wearing body armor. They really need to threaten him with contempt of congress and jail time, if he doesn't fess up.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 5:46 am

Warned by whom I wonder?

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 7:45 am

Cornflake wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
You might call Election Day 2016 an insurrection. But I think peaceful uprising would be a more apt description. Either way it was a huge middle finger to the DC elite ruling class.
No, it was a violent and coordinated attempt at denying the results of a free and fair election on the basis of the totally evidence-free ravings of a pouty, butthurt Trump, who had been stoking this up for weeks before the election and immediately before the attack started.

That's why most Republicans are dead set against an investigation into it - they have nothing left but Trump and nothing to say that hasn't been said for them by Trump. They're a disgrace to the position they hold and blind to the oath they took before the American people on taking office.
But they'll discover soon enough that everything Trump touches turns to s**t - and then you won't see them for the dust raised by neck-wrenching U-turns as they try to save their asses and corporate donations.

Worse, they're attempting to play it down; that is utterly despicable.
And then there's pro-trump political commentator Julie Kelly calling the police officers testifying at the riot hearing "crisis actors". This is the same insanity tossed around about Sandy Hook but once again, certain types of Americans don't disappoint and are willing to scrape the barrel ever deeper in search of the bottom.

It's as deeply saddening as it is sickening, and I despair for America.

I said election day 2016 or Nov 8 2016
Not Jan 6 2021
I have to disagree with every point you make after that since its just the MSM talking points all over again.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 7:48 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/audio-shows-profanity-laced-voicemail-095458498.html

By the way, here's something else showing the right's disgust for these hero police officers.
I gotta say, this is genuinely making me see red.

Democrats and the Marxist Left have been vilifying police for years. Finally wanting to defund and even abolish police but somehow in Clownworld its the conservatives who are anti-police?

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 8:09 am

Misslizard wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
envirozentinel wrote:

Exactly what it was.

How about the hoards of violent protesters attacking the White House a few years back? Coup?