Anyone Keeping Up With the January 6th Riot?

Page 4 of 23 [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 23  Next

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 8:12 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
envirozentinel wrote:
So Mr Reynholm thinks there was no insurrection in this universe? :roll:

You might call Election Day 2016 an insurrection. But I think peaceful uprising would be a more apt description. Either way it was a huge middle finger to the DC elite ruling class. Thats why the whole "Russia" hoax. The establishment types could not admit that THEY were the problem. The visceral reaction to Trump over the last 4 years is a warning to any private citizen who dares to run for president again.

Peaceful????Armed thugs invading the capital??A noose on the lawn for Pence?In any other nation it would be called an attempted coup.
Exactly what it was.

I said Election Day 2016. Not January 6 2021.

Fair enough, for Election Day 2016 wasn't an insurrection unless one redefines insurrection entirely.

The people were sick of the DC elite ruling class. This isn't about Trump. It is about the fact that we are being ruled by an oligarchy. Whoever the next private citizen to run for president will get the same treatment.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 8:37 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
I haven't been keeping up with it. I'm more interested in what the current administration is up to, which isn't good.

Well let's see... Stimulus programs for middle and lower class Americans, rebuilding the economy, pushing back on voter disenfranchisement, winning back our traditional allies, putting Putin on notice...
Now just how isn't that good, again?

He's backed away from the $15 minimum wage, backed away from taking on big pharm to lower drug prices, bombed Syria twice, and is now bombing Somali.

Could you provide proper citations for your assertions that the stimulus package is helping the middle and working class? I'd love to peruse them. If it's anything like the CARES Act, I wouldn't be terribly impressed. That was the biggest transfer of power to the billionaire class ever.

Thank you!

You're serious about the middle class stimulus package? I can say from personal experience, it certainly helped my family.
The minimum wage hike isn't a done issue, yet. And by the way, I'm amazed that any of you guys on the right are siding with raising the minimum wage at all.
As for pharmaceutical costs - - give the guy a chance to accomplish something! He hasn't even been in office a year, yet.
I confess I know nothing about the bombings you mentioned, so I can't comment on them.

One thing I can predict with almost certainly: He won't do anything to lower drug prices. He takes too much money from big pharm.

Again, I'm not on the right. You should write yourself a little note and keep it by your computer so you don't forget.)

The wars are one of the two major existential threats to the U.S. and the world at large. I couldn't possibly in good conscience vote for someone who has such a horrible record on that front. Nobody will support the MIC with more vigour than Biden. No empire can survive waging constant war if history teaches us anything.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 9:28 am

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
envirozentinel wrote:

You might call Election Day 2016 an insurrection. But I think peaceful uprising would be a more apt description. Either way it was a huge middle finger to the DC elite ruling class. Thats why the whole "Russia" hoax. The establishment types could not admit that THEY were the problem. The visceral reaction to Trump over the last 4 years is a warning to any private citizen who dares to run for president again.

Peaceful????Armed thugs invading the capital??A noose on the lawn for Pence?In any other nation it would be called an attempted coup.
Exactly what it was.

How about the hoards of violent protesters attacking the White House a few years back? Coup?

Did they enter the building and kill and police officers ?

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 9:32 am

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/audio-shows-profanity-laced-voicemail-095458498.html

By the way, here's something else showing the right's disgust for these hero police officers.
I gotta say, this is genuinely making me see red.

Democrats and the Marxist Left have been vilifying police for years. Finally wanting to defund and even abolish police but somehow in Clownworld its the conservatives who are anti-police?

I have several relations that are officers.My biomom is a retired CO that worked men’s max units.Tucker and Cummins.I only vilify cops that kill or beat down unarmed people.
Good cops have my total respect.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 9:54 am

Misslizard wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
envirozentinel wrote:

Exactly what it was.

How about the hoards of violent protesters attacking the White House a few years back? Coup?

Did anyone enter the building and kill a police officer on January 6?

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 9:58 am

I've been following some of the cases of the rioters, but haven't found much in the way of details about the charges this instigator was facing:

Quote:
A Queen Creek man who acknowledges he was in Washington, D.C., for last week's rally by President Donald Trump also appears to be shown in videos taken the night before talking about plans to go inside the U.S. Capitol.

In one video that has been widely viewed on Twitter, he can be heard saying, "I don’t even like to say it because I’ll be arrested. I’ll say it. We need to go into the Capitol."

Ray Epps told The Arizona Republic in a brief telephone interview Monday that he had traveled to the capital for the event, and that he had been advised by an attorney not to speak about it.

<...>

A person who resembles Epps also appears in video of the first people charging past a line of barricades at the Capitol. An image of that man appears on an FBI news release of people being sought for information about the riot.

Source: https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona/2021/01/11/fbi-capitol-investigation-arizona-trump-supporter/6624406002/

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 10:19 am

Brictoria wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
envirozentinel wrote:

Exactly what it was.

People did enter the building.
One officer died due to injuries.Maybe it wasn’t inside but I doubt that matters to his family.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcwas ... 278/%3famp
Many more injured.Ironic the very people that say Democrats are anti police wind up beating the cops up, some waving the thin blue line flag.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washin ... utType=amp

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 10:47 am

Misslizard wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
envirozentinel wrote:

Exactly what it was.

The democrats killed many during their summer of terror.
I woman was killed by the Capital Police.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 10:52 am

Misslizard wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
envirozentinel wrote:

Exactly what it was.

One officer died due to injuries.Maybe it wasn’t inside but I doubt that matters to his family.

Actually, reading the article you supplied, along with a more recent article, they both have the same in common:
Quote:
The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, led by Francisco Diaz, told the Washington Examiner in April that Sicknick’s death was "natural" and caused by two strokes. The medical examiner said Sicknick was sprayed with a chemical substance at about 2:20 p.m. on Jan. 6, collapsed at the Capitol at about 10 p.m., and was taken to a local hospital. He died at about 9:30 p.m. on Jan. 7. Although Diaz told the Washington Post that Sicknick suffered neither an allergic reaction to chemical irritants nor any injuries, he said “all that transpired played a role in his condition.“

The medical examiner’s office directly noted that the term “natural” is “used when a disease alone causes death” and that “if death is hastened by an injury, the manner of death is not considered natural.”

Source: https://news.yahoo.com/debunked-claims-officer-sicknick-died-173000691.html

According to the medical examiner: “if death is hastened by an injury, the manner of death is not considered natural”, so even the medical examiner has stated (through deeming the death "natural") that what occurred during the riot was not the cause of (or a factor which hastened) his death.

It probably shouldn't need noting they although they also stated that "all that transpired played a role in his condition", it does not imply that had there been no riot for him to respond to he would not have died, and is made to show there was no causal link found between the events, while not stating outright that they were unable to find any such link (with the media attention and how they promoted his death, declaring there was no link would likely have resulted in claims that the examiner was "protecting" the rioters, or "covering up"). Had there been anything that may have specifically linked the event to his death, this would have been noted in a way that specified "cause and effect" upon him.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 11:28 am

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
envirozentinel wrote:

Exactly what it was.

What event was that? All I get in a search is something involving South Korea.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 11:28 am

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
envirozentinel wrote:

Exactly what it was.

Who did the democrats kill?
Not these people.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washin ... utType=amp

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 11:33 am

Brictoria wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
envirozentinel wrote:

Exactly what it was.

Actually, reading the article you supplied, along with a more recent article, they both have the same in common:
Quote:
The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, led by Francisco Diaz, told the Washington Examiner in April that Sicknick’s death was "natural" and caused by two strokes. The medical examiner said Sicknick was sprayed with a chemical substance at about 2:20 p.m. on Jan. 6, collapsed at the Capitol at about 10 p.m., and was taken to a local hospital. He died at about 9:30 p.m. on Jan. 7. Although Diaz told the Washington Post that Sicknick suffered neither an allergic reaction to chemical irritants nor any injuries, he said “all that transpired played a role in his condition.“

The medical examiner’s office directly noted that the term “natural” is “used when a disease alone causes death” and that “if death is hastened by an injury, the manner of death is not considered natural.”

Source: https://news.yahoo.com/debunked-claims-officer-sicknick-died-173000691.html

According to the medical examiner: “if death is hastened by an injury, the manner of death is not considered natural”, so even the medical examiner has stated (through deeming the death "natural") that what occurred during the riot was not the cause of (or a factor which hastened) his death.

It probably shouldn't need noting they although they also stated that "all that transpired played a role in his condition", it does not imply that had there been no riot for him to respond to he would not have died, and is made to show there was no causal link found between the events, while not stating outright that they were unable to find any such link (with the media attention and how they promoted his death, declaring there was no link would likely have resulted in claims that the examiner was "protecting" the rioters, or "covering up"). Had there been anything that may have specifically linked the event to his death, this would have been noted in a way that specified "cause and effect" upon him.

Even if his death was unrelated I doubt being sprayed in the face with bear mace is a peaceful protest.
Don’t forget 140 officers were injured.And not by “ tourists”, by terrorists.I live in a tourist town, they maybe annoying but they don’t usually go on a rampage and attack our courthouse.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 11:54 am

Misslizard wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
envirozentinel wrote:

Exactly what it was.

Quote:

Even if his death was unrelated I doubt being sprayed in the face with bear mace is a peaceful protest.

Which is beside the point: The "goalposts" you set were specifically "Did they enter the building and kill and police officers ", so could you clarify whether the rioters on January killed (one or more) police officers, or did they simply enter the building whilst not killing any police officers?

Misslizard wrote:
Don’t forget 140 officers were injured.And not by “ tourists”, by terrorists.I live in a tourist town, they maybe annoying but they don’t usually go on a rampage and attack our courthouse.

You mean like the victims of the terrorists (using your definition) who attacked the courthouse in Portland?
Quote:
A federal agent’s hand was impaled by planted nails, another federal agent was shot by a pellet gun leaving a wound deep to the bone and tragically three federal officers were likely left permanently blinded by the rioters,

Source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimamcevoy/2020/07/24/white-house-3-federal-officers-likely-permanently-blinded-by-portland-protesters/

I wonder if the punishment for those people who injured the police officers in Portland will match (based on severity of injuries inflicted) those who injured the poice officers on January 6 - It would be nice to think the "side" a person was on would not affect the treatment\punishment they received (I believe this is termed "equity"), wouldn't it?

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 12:06 pm

/\Anyone who behaves violently should be charged appropriately.I don’t care what their political beliefs are.
I said they entered the building,I said they killed officers.I didn’t say they killed officers in the building.I should have been clearer on that .I think being sprayed with a chemical in the face was a factor in his death.We will never know for sure.If he hasn’t been sprayed maybe he wouldn’t have stroked out.Stress is a factor in strokes.Officers committed suicide afterwards.Maybe they would also still be alive if the riot hadn’t happened.
We also will never be sure of that.Officers do have a high rate of suicide.
How many of those officers now have PTSD which will be lifelong after the riot?
Some are still off duty because of injuries.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnew ... ries-riot/

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 12:27 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
envirozentinel wrote:

Exactly what it was.

Not a coup but since BLM rioters attacked police stations which are government, and a Federal Building calling it an insurrection is not out of line.

It worked for them so we tried it is not an excuse. Two wrongs do not make a right.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 29 Jul 2021, 2:23 pm, edited 10 times in total.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 1:23 pm

The woman who was killed by the Capitol police had smashed a window and was trying to break through a door to gain access to the members of congress.

She wasn't some innocent victim.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)