Trump told DOJ officials to call election corrupt

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 6:01 pm

Trump told DOJ officials in December 2020 to call election 'corrupt,' notes show

Quote:
Former President Trump instructed top officials at the Department of Justice to call the 2020 general election "corrupt" in support of his efforts to overturn the election, according to notes from a DOJ official.

The instructions were given during a Dec. 27 phone conversation with then-acting Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen and his deputy, Richard Donoghue.

Handwritten notes taken by Donoghue and released by the House Oversight Committee on Friday show that Trump told the DOJ officials to "just say that the election was corrupt + leave the rest to me and the R. Congressmen."
Rosen reportedly then told Trump that the Justice Department "can’t + won’t snap its fingers + change the outcome of the election."

During the call, the officials repeatedly informed Trump that there was no evidence to support the election was fraudulent and told him the information he was receiving was "false."

"Sir we have done dozens of investigations, hundreds of interviews, major allegations are not supported by evidence," Rosen and Donoghue said according to the notes. "We are doing our job."

"Much of the info you’re getting is false," they added.

Trump reportedly told the officials, "People are angry" and "blaming DOJ" for "inaction."

"You guys may not be following the internet the way I do," he added.

"Doesn't work that way," he added.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2021, 4:26 pm

In true authoritarian fashion, Trump tried to subvert the loss of his personal power by attempting to bend the mechanisms of the law to his will. Thankfully, there are still people in the DOJ who hold constitution and country over party and President.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2021, 6:51 pm

When will this man ever stop? :?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2021, 6:52 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
When will this man ever stop? :?

He's old AF, hates exercise and has a well-known addiction to junk food. It won't be that much longer.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う