Amy Cooper tells her side of the story

Page 4 of 10 [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 8:03 pm

I think if she had said "I am going to call the police about a man harassing me and making me feel unsafe" she would still have had her job and not be labeled a Karen. Skin color never crosses my mind when I am interacting with another human.

No one will ever openly admit to being racist. Their actions do and of course, they will always have reasons behind it which is more racism/prejudice nonsense.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 8:10 pm

Brictoria wrote:
The particular portion was from around 35:09 in the podcast that ASPartOfMe linked to in the first post of this thread.

Is this based on Amy Cooper's allegation? I can find any corroborating evidence in the media to suggest that the event triggered some type of PTSD which is where Weiss is heading with that.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 8:40 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Lets discuss the obvious. She claimed she was just being descriptive when she used “African-American”. That might have been convincing if it was used only in her call to the cops and she described other physical characteristics. Using “African-American” when threatening to call the police was a racist act. She claims she is in hiding as has been unfairly treated a position Christian agrees with. Giving an interview is not the way to make the world forget about you, not the way to get your normal life back.

We are revisiting old claims.

The critical piece of evidence caught on camera is Amy saying "I'm going to tell them there's an African-American man threatening my life,"

This has been universally interpreted as a threat to Christian Cooper that she would use his race to invoke a lethal punishment.

Secondly she admitted up front she lied when making the 911 call which precipitated the charge against her for making a false report to the police

Third her action inspired New York state MPs in June to pass a law that makes it easier under civil rights law to sue an individual who calls a police officer on someone "without reason" because of their background, including race and national origin.

Fourth she agreed with the prosecutor that on the video recording, he (Christian) sounds calm and appears to keep a safe distance from her.

Fifth she made a written statement that "He had every right to request that I leash my dog in an area where it was required,"

The fifth point is damning in her current legal claim because she can't change her story to facilitate legal action against her employer.

However people try and do mental gymnastics she (amy cooper) has already incriminated herself. No amount of support from right wing podcasters like Bari Weiss is going to exonerate her reputation or convince a judge, especially since most legal academics who have commented on this case said the state had a very strong case against her. Her only fortune was that Christian Cooper was decent and decided not to pursue legal avenues against Amy.

There have been numerous attempts by right wingers and certain members of WP to paint Christian as some type of instigator when infact he did the right thing and doesn't deserve the accusations being made.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 9:05 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
She should have just leashed the dog. Nobody in my neighborhood keeps a dog unleashed until they get to the dog park. They let dogs run around unleashed under controlled conditions. They make sure the dogs are properly trained.

Life is life.
People are people.
Don't expect a perfect world.

kraftiekortie wrote:
Maybe, the guy was being overzealous about enforcing “the rules.” But she was more in the wrong than he was.

What the man did was to provoke and intimidate a lone woman who had major psychological issues.
Not kool, dude.

What she did was wacko-land stuff, presumably caused by her fragile frame of mind.
It has been revealed that she had a bad experience previously, which influenced her mental stability.
Assuming this is truthful, it would be foolish to ignore this element in the engagement.

But then, most people enjoy sanctimony, self-righteousness, virtue signalling and pissing on others. 8)

Humanity.
Yuck! :eew:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 9:08 pm

Brictoria wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Brictoria's comments, however, do soften my assumptions. If the woman was a previous assault victim, that is likely to have played a much larger role than race. .

Bari Weiss is not a reliable or unbiased source.

Back to the "attack the messenger because the message isn't agreeable" I see...

cyberdad wrote:
There was nothing in the article about Amy Cooper getting assaulted before so not sure where this came from? I also googled this extensively and found no supporting evidence for this assertion.

Had you looked at the article I had linked, you'd know it was based on an interview with the person who had interviewed Ms Cooper.

The particular portion was from around 35:09 in the podcast that ASPartOfMe linked to in the first post of this thread.

"Don't let the Truth get in the way of a good 'Karen' bashing story." 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 9:17 pm

Brictoria wrote:
Just because a person who has complete control of the situation (with regards to the filming and what is included\excluded from it) presents in one manner, doesn't mean that was the way they acted prior to what they decided to present... Try the podcast from around 36:20 - 40:22

If you going to make a video, you will put yourself in the best possible light.
The damning aspect of the interaction, from him, is his veiled threat that "she won't like what he was going to do."
Talk about sinister. EEP! 8O

Fnord wrote:
The man was right, and the woman was wrong. End of story.

:lmao:

Yes, life is that simple.
I wish. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 9:21 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
The man admits he takes dog treats with him to the park, so he can lure off-leash pets away from their owners.

He has a history of doing this.

That is a New York state crime called "DOG STEALING".

2010 New York Code
AGM - Agriculture & Markets
Article 26 - (350 - 379) ANIMALS
366 - Dog stealing.

2. To entice, seize or molest any dog, while it is being held or led
by any person
or while it is properly muzzled or wearing a collar with
an identification tag attached, except where such action is incidental
to the enforcement of some law or regulation;

https://law.justia.com/codes/new-york/2 ... le-26/366/

The man shouldn't have done/admitted this either.
Not the sharpist tool in the shed. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 9:31 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:

Conclusion, they were both as*holes that day.

It is clearly black&white.
Any rational person would agree. 8)
But then again, maybe not? :scratch: :mrgreen:

God, people are funny.
God, they take themselves so seriously. :lmao:

League_Girl wrote:
I think if she had said "I am going to call the police about a man harassing me and making me feel unsafe" she would still have had her job and not be labeled a Karen. Skin color never crosses my mind when I am interacting with another human.

Ok, so you are saying that people always act rationally when they are frightened?

League_Girl wrote:
No one will ever openly admit to being racist.

You have, to me.
I guess that makes you "No one". :mrgreen:

salad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 10:39 pm

As someone who was almost attacked and maimed by a dog while walking to the gym just right now I have one thing to say to people who dont leash their dogs:

f**k you, and your ancestors, and your descendants

Anyone who defends that Karen named Amy Cooper for breaking the law and not leashing her damn dog deserves to be mauled by dogs.

And if anyone thinks im lying or "telling tall tales" (one member accused me of that before so now I have to always give evidence im telling the truth) I swear to god I will personally drag your ass to the exact location and the exact address where that rabid dog almost mauled me and I will personally take you there to see it yourself

For people like me who are literally handicapped and suffering crippling physical illnesses a dog attack can mean life or death

Amy Cooper is bad, her defenders are bad, and they should all feel bad

#LeashYourDamnDog

Master Oogway

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 11:10 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
We really need fairness all round so we can call a crime a crime be it come from any race. It has to be 100% equal. If it is not equal, then we get senarios where one race which may well have been discriminated against can use one sided laws to their advantage and used them against other races.

As if on cue:
Quote:
A woman who defected from North Korea and came to the US says she was mugged by three black women outside a Saks Fifth Avenue store in Chicago last year but was prevented from calling the police by white bystanders because doing so was ‘racist.’

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9864811/North-Korean-defector-called-racist-called-cops-mugger.html

salad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 11:32 pm

Brictoria wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
We really need fairness all round so we can call a crime a crime be it come from any race. It has to be 100% equal. If it is not equal, then we get senarios where one race which may well have been discriminated against can use one sided laws to their advantage and used them against other races.

As if on cue:
Quote:
A woman who defected from North Korea and came to the US says she was mugged by three black women outside a Saks Fifth Avenue store in Chicago last year but was prevented from calling the police by white bystanders because doing so was ‘racist.’

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9864811/North-Korean-defector-called-racist-called-cops-mugger.html

Keep quoting the dailymail, and keep getting called out for spreading fake news. I consider you one of the more intelligent members on this site despite how much I consider your opinions incorrect more often than not, but you quoting the DailyMail over and over and over again makes me lose a lot of respect for you

Master Oogway

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2021, 12:00 am

salad wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:

As if on cue:
Quote:

Keep quoting the dailymail, and keep getting called out for spreading fake news. I consider you one of the more intelligent members on this site despite how much I consider your opinions incorrect more often than not, but you quoting the DailyMail over and over and over again makes me lose a lot of respect for you

Being prejudiced\biased against certain media organisations (commonly because they present "news" in a way that is favourable to "the other side") not only limits the information a person has available to them, but also contributes towards the divisions in society, where people on either side lose the ability to understand how their "opposition" form opinions on issues, through being unaware of the information they base these on, and so resort to stereotyping those people to compensate for this lack of understanding.

Given the vocal majority of the site tend to favor views from the "left", providing information, as seen form the "right's" publications should assist in understanding alternative views on various subjects... People may not agree with the content, but at least they are aware of what it is, and it can sometimes provide additional details which the "approved" souces missed which may clarify the issue being reported on.

Although, where possible, I try to find sources from the "left" to avoid these "attack the messenger" style responces, I read (and link) a variety of sources across the spectrum - However, in this case, the source chosen was simply because other (left, in particular) media sources were not (yet?) reporting on the subject, so an "approved" source was unable to be linked.

salad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2021, 12:08 am

Brictoria wrote:
salad wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:

As if on cue:
Quote:

Being prejudiced\biased against certain media organisations (commonly because they present "news" in a way that is favourable to "the other side") not only limits the information a person has available to them, but also contributes towards the divisions in society, where people on either side lose the ability to understand how their "opposition" form opinions on issues, through being unaware of the information they base these on, and so resort to stereotyping those people to compensate for this lack of understanding.

Given the vocal majority of the site tend to favor views from the "left", providing information, as seen form the "right's" publications should assist in understanding alternative views on various subjects... People may not agree with the content, but at least they are aware of what it is, and it can sometimes provide additional details which the "approved" souces missed which may clarify the issue being reported on.

Although, where possible, I try to find sources from the "left" to avoid these "attack the messenger" style responces, I read (and link) a variety of sources across the spectrum - However, in this case, the source chosen was simply because other (left, in particular) media sources were not (yet?) reporting on the subject, so an "approved" source was unable to be linked.

What a pompous and ignorant reply. Buddy I dont f**k with the partisan BS and trying to project that dichotomy onto me just because the ignoramuses you interact with have small minds and see the world in black and white, right vs left, is very facile thinking.

I dont trust the DailyMail because its a tabloid site.

If you quoted to me Buzzfeed I would laugh at you, even though Buzzfeed isn't half as cancerous as the DailyMail

I used to think you were intelligent, but now that I found out that you too are guilty of seeing the world in right vs left dichotomies I guess VegetableMan is the only member left on this forum who actually has a shred of nuance and can think independently.

Such a pity

Master Oogway

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2021, 1:11 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:
The man admits he takes dog treats with him to the park, so he can lure off-leash pets away from their owners.

He has a history of doing this.

That is a New York state crime called "DOG STEALING".

2010 New York Code
AGM - Agriculture & Markets
Article 26 - (350 - 379) ANIMALS
366 - Dog stealing.

2. To entice, seize or molest any dog, while it is being held or led
by any person
or while it is properly muzzled or wearing a collar with
an identification tag attached, except where such action is incidental
to the enforcement of some law or regulation;

https://law.justia.com/codes/new-york/2 ... le-26/366/

Doesn't he do it so the dogs won't chase the birds? As a way to be "nice" about getting errant dogs back into their owner's control? I could remember wrong, but that was what I originally got from the news back then.

I do think she was in the wrong.

I also think our whole culture of creating viral "shaming" videos is off the rails. Are people even aware when they post how many people in the following they will generate are just plain crazy? Siccing an off-the-rails crowd onto people whose offense was objectionable but not criminal creates a punishment that far exceeds the crime. It's WAY out of control. We don't end up solving anything or educating anyone; both sides just push further back into their opinions because of the toxic nature of any viral fight.

He said he does this to protect plants.

He thinks roaming dogs will tear up plants.

Be the hero of your life.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2021, 1:57 am

salad wrote:
As someone who was almost attacked and maimed by a dog while walking to the gym just right now I have one thing to say to people who dont leash their dogs:

f**k you, and your ancestors, and your descendants

Anyone who defends that Karen named Amy Cooper for breaking the law and not leashing her damn dog deserves to be mauled by dogs.

And if anyone thinks im lying or "telling tall tales" (one member accused me of that before so now I have to always give evidence im telling the truth) I swear to god I will personally drag your ass to the exact location and the exact address where that rabid dog almost mauled me and I will personally take you there to see it yourself

For people like me who are literally handicapped and suffering crippling physical illnesses a dog attack can mean life or death

Amy Cooper is bad, her defenders are bad, and they should all feel bad

#LeashYourDamnDog

Have you seen the size of her dog? :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2021, 2:01 am

salad wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:

As if on cue:
Quote:

Fear not, I have enough respect for Brictoria to last 10 lifetimes. 8)