Page 6 of 13 [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 10:29 am

Misslizard wrote:
The Ozarks has white skaters that attack people.
https://www.ky3.com/2021/07/29/witnesse ... ringfield/

I never said there weren't whites doing this. But in Chicago these attacks are done by mobs of black youth and are largely hate crimes against whites.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 10:44 am

Axeman wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
The Ozarks has white skaters that attack people.
https://www.ky3.com/2021/07/29/witnesse ... ringfield/

I never said there weren't whites doing this. But in Chicago these attacks are done by mobs of black youth and are largely hate crimes against whites.

In Springfield it’s mostly whites and they like to attack anyone, homeless, black, gay, little old ladies...

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 7:36 pm

Here it is again.

This kid had potentially permanent damage too.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 8:02 pm

i think we should round up the hooligans and set them on each other, like scorpions in a bottle.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 8:05 pm

auntblabby wrote:
i think we should round up the hooligans and set them on each other, like scorpions in a bottle.

Now you're talking. Gladiatorial combat baby.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 8:30 pm

Or this fine upstanding citizen.

40 felonies and 58 misdemeanors and has only served a year and a half.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 9:15 pm

auntblabby wrote:

That kinda sounds like taking advantage of vulnerable and troubled people's problems. :?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 9:18 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

That kinda sounds like taking advantage of vulnerable and troubled people's problems. :?

how would you handle the incorrigibly violent among us?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 9:32 pm

auntblabby wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Segregate them from society through some form of detention.

I'm not opposed to locking violent criminals up, even if they're mentally ill. I'm also not opposed to treating prisoners and folks found to have acted in a criminal manner but who can't be held criminally responsible with basic humanity. They're not monsters, they're all someone's kid and how they ended up shouldn't be used to deny them access to help. At least some of them are folks like us who just ended up on even worse paths and were broken by the experience, they deserve a degree of compassion and empathy even if they don't deserve sympathy.

I can't say I'd be fine with making them fight for regular folks entertainment when society that's comprised of those folks bears a degree of responsibility for the outcome.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 9:43 pm

Gotta admit, I didn't see Bumfights coming back in this thread.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 11:30 pm

Axeman wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Axeman wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
@Axeman, I feel I need to apologize for getting on you about switching subjects. Seems I forgot you had started the thread.

To my mind it was related for stated reasons.

In some ways, I was trying to avoid taking about Chicago without having to say that I wanted to avoid taking about Chicago. Chicago has become so overused by conservatives and the discussions tend to involve so many potentially racist undertones that there simply is no way, in my opinion, to have a productive conversation after a dialogue reaches “but Chicago” territory. I don’t want to go into those fights; they never resolve anything, and everyone leaves mad or hurt.

So. I’ve now manned up and said it.

Alright. I don't believe law abiding people should have to change anything to accommodate these criminals and to me you seem to be saying that your progressive agenda can fix it and these attacks are a consequence of not being on board with it. Chicago provides clear evidence that isn't the case.

I never said that any particular progressive agenda can fix the problems you are concerned about and I certainly never said the video attacks were because someone wasn't on board with a particular progressive agenda.

I said that to solve a problem, you have to know what is at the root of it.

Here is an example the members here should be able to relate to: before my son was diagnosed with ASD, schools wanted to label him as a behavior problem. But as soon as it was know he had ASD, and the way teachers managed him was changed, so did his behavior. To know the right formula for fixing the behavior, you have to know what causes the behavior. There are no one size fits all solutions to much of anything in this world. Not my solution, not yours. It is all case by case.

I will not delve into anything specific involving Chicago. I will only repeat that to solve a problem, you have to know what causes it.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2021, 12:42 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I'm not opposed to locking violent criminals up, even if they're mentally ill. I'm also not opposed to treating prisoners and folks found to have acted in a criminal manner but who can't be held criminally responsible with basic humanity. They're not monsters, they're all someone's kid and how they ended up shouldn't be used to deny them access to help. At least some of them are folks like us who just ended up on even worse paths and were broken by the experience, they deserve a degree of compassion and empathy even if they don't deserve sympathy.

I can't say I'd be fine with making them fight for regular folks entertainment when society that's comprised of those folks bears a degree of responsibility for the outcome.

We need The Purge. :skull:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2021, 1:26 pm

Axeman wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

How edgy. Be careful you don't cut yourself.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2021, 9:45 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Axeman wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

How edgy. Be careful you don't cut yourself.

Imagine how bullies and criminals would alter their habits if they knew that one night a year people could legally kill them.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2021, 9:55 pm

good people would be caught up in such a nightmare, no doubt.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2021, 10:20 pm

auntblabby wrote:
good people would be caught up in such a nightmare, no doubt.

This, but further people more prone to violence would be more capable of taking advantage of that situation because most people have to worry about moral ramifications even if there's no legal implications.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う