Page 2 of 9 [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2021, 6:44 pm

Fnord wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
ExcelsiorMom wrote:
All politicians are guilty of milking it. That includes your favorite one.
Sounds like a good reason to not have a favourite one.
That works for me!

I don't know - The amount of attention you provide to a particular one would suggest that they are indeed your favourite, Maybe not your "preferred" one though...

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2021, 7:15 pm

funeralxempire wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2021, 7:35 pm

Fnord wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
ExcelsiorMom wrote:
All politicians are guilty of milking it. That includes your favorite one.
Sounds like a good reason to not have a favourite one.
That works for me!

That reminds me of an old Richard Pryor movie, Brewster’s Millions. He started a campaign for “None of the above” and won. Too bad it would not work that way in real life. It might get a few politicians to rethink their greed.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2021, 8:51 pm

What a yuge loser.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2021, 9:24 pm

He got away with money he stole from students in Trump University.

He also pocketed $250 million claiming to fight false claims over voter fraud. The authorities found out he has been investing the money and pocketing the dividends. He's been asked to return the money.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... money-back
https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/ ... 9eb4eb58a3

The height of stupidity to give away your life savings to a greedy billionaire but MAGAs need to learn the hard way.

Last edited by cyberdad on 18 Oct 2021, 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2021, 9:24 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

This appears to be ironic to me since most progressives I have observed engage in groupthink. 8)
Perhaps both sides are non-independent thinkers?
That could explain the binarism that is evident in America. :chin:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2021, 10:25 pm

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

This appears to be ironic to me since most progressives I have observed engage in groupthink. 8)

And conservatives aren't guilty of it?
In this case, you have cultish adulation of Trump by his worshipers that I've never seen with a progressive President. That goes way beyond your average groupthink.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2021, 11:05 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Is "Perhaps both sides are non-independent thinkers?" so difficult to understand?

Kraichgauer wrote:
In this case, you have cultish adulation of Trump by his worshipers that I've never seen with a progressive President. That goes way beyond your average groupthink.

And the cultish detestation of Trump by the "anti-Trump" worshippers are at least their equal in relation to groupthink...

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2021, 11:17 pm

Brictoria wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Is "Perhaps both sides are non-independent thinkers?" so difficult to understand?

Kraichgauer wrote:

And the cultish detestation of Trump by the "anti-Trump" worshippers are at least their equal in relation to groupthink...

Be gentle.
He is my friend.
He is my precious pet progressive. :mrgreen:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2021, 11:43 pm

Brictoria wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Kraichgauer wrote:

Of course there are non-independent thinkers among both liberals and conservatives, and both have their share of independent thinkers, as well.
Anti-Trump sentiment cultish? I seriously think not. Many of the Anti-Trump crowd are genuine fiscal conservatives of the Republican party, or who had formerly been Republicans.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2021, 11:44 pm

Pepe wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Kraichgauer wrote:

Be gentle.
He is my friend.
He is my precious pet progressive. :mrgreen:

:mrgreen:

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2021, 12:08 am

Huh, the same people who can't stop posting about Donald Trump are posting dead horse and sheep emojis; hard not to see the irony there.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2021, 12:49 am

Brictoria wrote:

Um, no. Simply conscious people who hate the guy for being the criminal dirtbag that he is and always has been.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2021, 1:49 am

Dox47 wrote:
Huh, the same people who can't stop posting about Donald Trump are posting dead horse and sheep emojis; hard not to see the irony there.

Then you'll love this:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/dai ... 18071.html

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2021, 3:37 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

Want to talk about how long huge numbers of Democrats thought 9/11 was an inside job, or that W hacked voting machines in Ohio in 2004, or that Stacy Abrams won in Georgia? Every party has plenty of nuts, most of us don't let them live rent free in our heads, or post constantly about them after putting them in our avatars and signatures. I could easily spam this board with Democrats suck threads just from what comes across my Twitter feed, but that would be boring and a waste of time, kinda like these endless Trump bashing fests y'all seem to enjoy so much.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2021, 3:56 am

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Want to talk about how long huge numbers of Democrats thought 9/11 was an inside job, or that W hacked voting machines in Ohio in 2004, or that Stacy Abrams won in Georgia? Every party has plenty of nuts, most of us don't let them live rent free in our heads, or post constantly about them after putting them in our avatars and signatures. I could easily spam this board with Democrats suck threads just from what comes across my Twitter feed, but that would be boring and a waste of time, kinda like these endless Trump bashing fests y'all seem to enjoy so much.

Those Dems who believe those 9/11 conspiracy theories are obviously insane, and most liberals know it. I've never heard the 2004 crap, and so I have to think few Democrats actually ever believed such a thing. That Stacy Abrams might have won the election in Georgia could have been a reality if it hadn't been for voter suppression.
The thing is, though, the majority of Republicans say they actually believe the idiocy that Trump had his victory stolen from him. I can't think of a single time when a majority of Democrats believed in something that is as verifiably false or patently ridiculous as the conspiracies the right is currently having convulsions over.
Why so sensitive for the criticism of the Trump worshippers (which aren't all Republicans, by the way)?