League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 5:58 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Interesting how some insults are more equal than others; misgendering a straight person isn't any kind of hate crime, though it can be insulting (think 80s drill instructor), but somehow it can carry jail time in some countries if directed at a trans person.

It’s because LGBT people are far more likely to be bullied or cyberbullied than any other group. As such, some are literally one hurt feeling away from suicide.

Don't forget straight people have never been murdered because someone thought they were a different sex than they were.

What are you talking about?

Straight cisgender people have murdered other straight cisgender people because they thought the murder victim was another gender?

Look up the gay panic defense. This has been used to get away with legally murdering a transgender person.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 8:16 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Look up the gay panic defense. This has been used to get away with legally murdering a transgender person.

I recall 75% of Jerry Springer guests were straight cis-men who were supposedly catfished by a transgender.

Does this really still happen? Trans male-females are pretty easy to pick. You have to be really quite stupid to notice a male jawline/cheekbones.

Having said that I can see how some men can find this transgender actress very attractive

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 11:18 pm

I am starting to think AOC is the only non-Nazi in Congress.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2021, 2:02 am

Dox47 wrote:
Interesting how some insults are more equal than others; misgendering a straight person isn't any kind of hate crime, though it can be insulting (think 80s drill instructor), but somehow it can carry jail time in some countries if directed at a trans person.

I'm sure none of those straight, cis gender persons were had to worry about harassment of any kind, including physical violence.
Banks is a right wing fanatic who purposely set out to hurt Dr. Levine because of his bigotry directed toward Trans Americans. Any defense of him or his statement is reprehensible.