Verdict returned in Rittenhouse trial

Page 39 of 60 [ 954 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 60  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 19,167
Location: Australia

02 Dec 2021, 9:21 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:
In other words, you are pointing out how violent extreme progressives are.
Good point. :thumright:


I'll happily admit to being partial to progressive thinking but I notice for somebody who claims not to be neutral and "non-partisan", you sure repeat these lines regularly over many years.


Have you noticed my position regarding gun ownership in America? :scratch:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=401779&start=528#p8916401

I believe this is the progressive position, not a Republican one.

You Your argument has been invalidated. 8)

Also, I have always maintained that there are ratbags on *both* sides of the political divide.
Hyperpartisan progressives won't accept this.
Do you? :scratch:

Also, I am anti-Trump.
I believe he is damaging American social harmony, big time.

Also, I believe in a "Universal Health Care System".
This is also a progressive position.

Epic fail, cyberdude. 8)


I hope you can take this the right way, and not be offended: I would clarify that you are more bi-political or non-binary when it comes to politics, rather than “neutral,” or an “observer.”


I hope you take this the right way, but I have *never* claimed to be completely politically neutral.
I have always maintained I am a moderate conservative *independent*.

I will never be a progressive partly because I will never embrace their mantra of:
"Morality is more important than the facts."
And partly because I will never respect: Sanctimony, self righteousness, and virtue signalling, which seems to be a necessity of the wokeism the left seems to heavily embrace.

I hope we both understand each other now. 8)

Now, being reason based, rather than emotion based, I am in a much better position to be an objective observer than extremists on both the right or the left. 8)

Also consider:
Any court judge is going to have their personal biases. Those with integrity manage these influences to maintain an objective mindset.
How is it that you, affiliated with the legal fraternity, don't understand this? :scratch:
"Curious." 8)

Also consider:
I have made a commitment to the Truth since I was 22.

Also consider:
I don't vote for *any* political party in an election.

Also consider:
My credibility is important to me. I will admit when I have made an error of judgement.
This will *increase* my "credibility coinage".
Not everyone understands this concept.
I do. 8)


DW_a_mom wrote:
Once you choose a position, you can exhibit “partisan” dedication to and defense of it. Being quick to throw partisan accusations at others doesn’t help, as that tends to be a politically partisan charge. I've also only seen you throw that charge at liberals, never at conservatives, which does not exactly come off as non-partisan, even if your actual policy views tend progressive.


You are showing your (willful) ignorance.
I have consistently maintained that extremists on both sides of the political divide are human refuse.
I have consistently expressed my dissatisfaction with Trump and hoped he would retire from politics.
I have expressed my dissatisfaction with the Republican position regarding health considerations.
I have expressed, on many occassions, that I detest big business.
I have agreed with your partisan position regarding gun laws in America.

You are showing your confirmation bias, so it seems. 8)


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,


"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


I luv KFC!


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 19,167
Location: Australia

02 Dec 2021, 9:39 pm

cyberdad wrote:
@pepe

I know you are trying to be non-partisan (I respect that) but you always paint a picture that progressives are aggressive and dangerous.


Incorrect.
I maintain that violent extremists, on the left, are violent extremists.
I also feel the same about extremists on the right.
This is not a difficult concept to understand. 8)

cyberdad wrote:
This is a misrepresentation. I've posted countless times that the FBI consider right wing groups/individuals to be the biggest threat to public safety.


And I have never denied that right-wing filth is right-wing filth.
I have used the following, on many occasions:
"Hitler murdered millions.
Stalin murder more.
Both were very naughty boyz." :mrgreen:

cyberdad wrote:
Progressive social activists whom you claim make you hide under your bedsheets over are actually just college students trying to make a difference in this world.


Where have I ever said that I hide under the bedsheets? 8O
I have a dooner. :mrgreen:

If these activists destroy property, deny my freedom of expression and my freedom of thought, they are human feces, in my book. 8)


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,


"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


I luv KFC!


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 19,167
Location: Australia

02 Dec 2021, 9:53 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Some differences:
-Rittenhouse was threatened with death.


I don't think even the Rittenhouse defence team made that claim? The best they got away with was that Rittenhouse "thought" his life was in danger.


Please.

Quote:
"He was chasing me, I was alone, he threatened to kill me earlier that night. I didn't want to have to shoot him," Rittenhouse testified. "I pointed it at him because he kept running at me and I didn't want him to chase me."

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/11/10/us/k ... index.html

8)


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,


"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


I luv KFC!


ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 3 Nov 2015
Age: 37
Posts: 3,977
Location: canada

03 Dec 2021, 1:42 am

I watched the footage of the shootings after not seeing it for quite a long time, and I don't see the second person Kyle killed in the video. When Kyle shoots, only one person goes down and I cannot see a second person go down, unless I keep missing it?



Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,827
Location: Seattle-ish

03 Dec 2021, 2:41 am

ironpony wrote:
I watched the footage of the shootings after not seeing it for quite a long time, and I don't see the second person Kyle killed in the video. When Kyle shoots, only one person goes down and I cannot see a second person go down, unless I keep missing it?


With Rittenhouse, there are two incidents, in the first he's being chased into some parked cars, where he whirls and shoots the man pursuing him as he lunges for the gun, in the other he's running towards the police when he trips and falls and is attacked on the ground, where he fires at a man attempting to jump kick him and misses, shoots and kills a man who hits hit with a skateboard, and then shoots and wounds a 3rd man who runs up with a drawn pistol. You might have seen video of just the first shooting, which is also the least clear.


_________________
“The totally convinced and the totally stupid have too much in common for the resemblance to be accidental.”
-- Robert Anton Wilson


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,743

03 Dec 2021, 2:56 am

Looks like Kyle might need to use that MAGA donation money to hire a bodyguard (or two)
https://www.insider.com/rittenhouse-att ... ts-2021-11



Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,827
Location: Seattle-ish

03 Dec 2021, 4:22 am

cyberdad wrote:
Looks like Kyle might need to use that MAGA donation money to hire a bodyguard (or two)
https://www.insider.com/rittenhouse-att ... ts-2021-11


You keep posting things like this, so I'll keep recycling my previous comment: Because that worked out so well for the people who tried to kill him last time?


_________________
“The totally convinced and the totally stupid have too much in common for the resemblance to be accidental.”
-- Robert Anton Wilson


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,743

03 Dec 2021, 4:41 am

Dox47 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Looks like Kyle might need to use that MAGA donation money to hire a bodyguard (or two)
https://www.insider.com/rittenhouse-att ... ts-2021-11


You keep posting things like this, so I'll keep recycling my previous comment: Because that worked out so well for the people who tried to kill him last time?


And what sort of reaction did you expect from the public? that he'd get the keys to Kenosha and a lifetime's supply of beer?

At least Zimmerman and OJ can take a breather



Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 19,167
Location: Australia

03 Dec 2021, 4:42 am

Dox47 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Looks like Kyle might need to use that MAGA donation money to hire a bodyguard (or two)
https://www.insider.com/rittenhouse-att ... ts-2021-11


You keep posting things like this, so I'll keep recycling my previous comment: Because that worked out so well for the people who tried to kill him last time?


cyber seems to want the kid to suffer.
Hate is a major component of the left these days, unlike when I was a kid. 8)


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,


"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


I luv KFC!


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,743

03 Dec 2021, 4:44 am

Pepe wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Looks like Kyle might need to use that MAGA donation money to hire a bodyguard (or two)
https://www.insider.com/rittenhouse-att ... ts-2021-11


You keep posting things like this, so I'll keep recycling my previous comment: Because that worked out so well for the people who tried to kill him last time?


cyber seems to want the kid to suffer.
Hate is a major component of the left these days, unlike when I was a kid. 8)


I don't want him to suffer, but I don't believe he's taken responsibility for his actions.



DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Feb 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 12,574
Location: Northern California

03 Dec 2021, 5:22 am

Pepe wrote:

I will never be a progressive partly because I will never embrace their mantra of:
"Morality is more important than the facts."
And partly because I will never respect: Sanctimony, self righteousness, and virtue signalling, which seems to be a necessity of the wokeism the left seems to heavily embrace.



Is this how you see me?

I consider myself to be pragmatic with a bit of a bleeding heart, yet I am a member of the "progressive" party.

You are too quick to generalize, IMHO.


_________________
Mom to an amazing young adult AS son, plus an also amazing non-AS daughter. Most likely part of the "Broader Autism Phenotype" (some traits).


DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Feb 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 12,574
Location: Northern California

03 Dec 2021, 5:27 am

cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Looks like Kyle might need to use that MAGA donation money to hire a bodyguard (or two)
https://www.insider.com/rittenhouse-att ... ts-2021-11


You keep posting things like this, so I'll keep recycling my previous comment: Because that worked out so well for the people who tried to kill him last time?


cyber seems to want the kid to suffer.
Hate is a major component of the left these days, unlike when I was a kid. 8)


I don't want him to suffer, but I don't believe he's taken responsibility for his actions.


I think we have to accept that he isn't likely to. At least not beyond the extent he already has, which we can't really know the answer to. I think there are too many voices in his ears trying to make him a symbol, and whatever responsibility he might instinctively feel will be rationalized away beneath political agenda. Still, I suspect that night will forever haunt his dreams. And who knows where life will take him, and how those experiences might eventually change his perspective.

I have no patience for those who threaten him over this. What is done is done, and a verdict rendered.


_________________
Mom to an amazing young adult AS son, plus an also amazing non-AS daughter. Most likely part of the "Broader Autism Phenotype" (some traits).


Last edited by DW_a_mom on 03 Dec 2021, 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,743

03 Dec 2021, 5:30 am

Given Kyle ditched his first defence lawyer L.Lin Wood because of his connection to QAnon, it;s funny his only supporters seem to be weirdos
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/marjor ... gold-medal



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,743

03 Dec 2021, 5:32 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
I have no patience for those who threaten him over this. What is done is done, and a verdict rendered.


I am sure OJ got more hate mail than Kyle, but the public soon forgets and moves on to the next big story.



Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2021
Age: 59
Gender: Male
Posts: 549

03 Dec 2021, 6:51 am

cyberdad wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
I have no patience for those who threaten him over this. What is done is done, and a verdict rendered.


I am sure OJ got more hate mail than Kyle, but the public soon forgets and moves on to the next big story.


Unlike the OJ trial, in this case the jury was able to see exactly what happened.


_________________
I would never join a clique that would have me as a member.

Former member of a group that must not be named.


ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 3 Nov 2015
Age: 37
Posts: 3,977
Location: canada

03 Dec 2021, 3:24 pm

Dox47 wrote:
ironpony wrote:
I watched the footage of the shootings after not seeing it for quite a long time, and I don't see the second person Kyle killed in the video. When Kyle shoots, only one person goes down and I cannot see a second person go down, unless I keep missing it?


With Rittenhouse, there are two incidents, in the first he's being chased into some parked cars, where he whirls and shoots the man pursuing him as he lunges for the gun, in the other he's running towards the police when he trips and falls and is attacked on the ground, where he fires at a man attempting to jump kick him and misses, shoots and kills a man who hits hit with a skateboard, and then shoots and wounds a 3rd man who runs up with a drawn pistol. You might have seen video of just the first shooting, which is also the least clear.


Oh okay. I actually saw the second incident and will try to find the first. However, what if Huber and Grosskreutz managed to overpower Rittenhouse and ended up killing his as result, would they have been hailed has 'heroes' by the prosecutor's office and system still, or would they have been charged with any homicide related charges instead?