Page 16 of 23 [ 368 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 11:44 am

Yawn, i Can't Tow A Car Without A Tow-Truck;

Yawn, Although i Do Leg Press Up to 3 Quarters of a Ton
Now; Yet Still, i Can't Tow A Car Without A Tow-Truck.

Several Countries Have Already Reduced Mass
Shootings to Almost Zero By Eliminating

The Tools

That Are Used

To 'Tow the Car';

And to Be Clear That's Just a Metaphor;

And to Be Clear, Because i Can And Do Leg
Press Up to 3 Quarters of A Ton AKA 1520 Pounds
And Am A Well Trained Martial Artist Who Carries my Self

With Zero Fear;

i Don't Feel a Need
to Carry a 'Concealed Weapon';

Nope, i Don't Even Feel A Need
to Use A Martial Arts KicK NoW

As in Most Cases Now It is Those
Who 'Carry Themselves in Vulnerable
Ways' Who Are Attacked in 'The Street'.

i See The Value in Guns to Defend Life;
For Those Who Feel Vulnerable in Need.

i See the Reality That Without Weapons
of Mass Death, There WILL Be Less Death

By Those Tools;

As Let's Face
IT That 'Vulnerable
Little Boy' Would Have
Likely Been Overpowered
By Two Female Teachers Without A Weapon;

Particularly, A Gun of Mass Death; We Have
A Gun Culture; We Have A Gun Culture that Practically
Worships Guns Of Mass Death; What This Lends Is More

of A Propensity

For Mass Death by Shootings;
Other Countries That Don't Have
Their Heads Up their Butts Have Found

Solutions
That
Work;

at Least
For Specifically
Mass Shootings
And Mass Death This Way;

Yet, You Don't Change the Big
C Easy; Particularly in a Country of 'Spoiled Brat Leaders'...

The Realistic Solutions We Have That Might Have A Chance
of Passing in Our So-Called Representative Democracy Are
the Universal Back-Ground Checks That 90 Percent of the

Country Are Behind;

'Red Flag Laws' Have
A Chance in 'Hell' of
Passing too; Not Much of
A Chance; Never the Less a Chance;

Yet Probably Not As Much of A Chance
As the 1 in 5 Mass Shootings That the FBI
Also Associates With the Concerning Factor

of Violent Video Games.

'You' Do What You Can; Yet Keeping
Heads Stuck Up Butts and Doing Nothing,

IS ZERO
PERCENT
HELPFUL NOW.

i Fell 'Victim' to Type Two Trigeminal
Neuralgia, The Literal Suicide Disease
From Wake to Sleep, No Drug Would Touch
For 66 Months; If i Had a Gun Then, And i Was
Strong Enough to Use It, And i Knew How to Use it,

i Would NOT Be Here Now; So, Instead, i Became
Fearless and Strong

Enough to
Be Naked,
Enough, Whole,
And Complete ENOUGH

to Not Only Survive yet Thrive...

As i Will Never Be Able to Own A
Gun; For the Possibility of that Worst
Known Pain Returning to me Again;

Too Bad That Young Man Turned to
Tools Like Violent Video Games and Related Killing Machines;

And i surely Know What it feels Like When Pain is All the Feeling You Can Feel...

In terms
of Slashing
A Face With
A Knife to Feel
Anything At All;

Misanthropy With
A Lack of Human
Empathy/And or Feelings is A Key Ingredient
of Mass Murders; Indeed, 'Tow Trucks' Alone Don't Tow
Cars Without Cars; Yet i Still Can't Tow A Car, Without a Tow Truck...

Damn It, If only There Was Room for More Plates on that Leg Press Machine...

i've Never Played Violent Video Games as i Happen to Enjoy Human Empathy;
And Anyone With Any Frigging Common Empathy Understands Playing Violent

Video Games
Reduces
Human
Empathy;

On the Other Hand,
Poetry And Free Dance
in Moving Meditation of 'Embodiment'
is Shown to Increase Human Connections
in Terms of Warm Empathy to be

FRIGGING TOTALLY HUMAN.

TRUE, i Chose Different
Tools, including Martial
Arts And Strength Training

To Keep my Shadow Self Well Sheathed AS A SHarp SWord...

And Meek Enough to Still Inherit The Earth Without Being Buried
or Burnt, Or Otherwise Feeding Worms And or Vultures So far at least...

Folks Now With the Power And Force
of Giving, Sharing, Caring, Healing Love
Are Much More Likely to Stay Alive And Thrive...

And There Are Many Activities And Tools That Increase That Propensity too...

Yawn, How Different The World Will Be With Religion(s)/Politics/Philosophies/
Big Overall C's That And Who Actually
Promote Heaven on Earth Now

And
Within,

Instead
Now of
Literal
F in Hell,
Both Within
And The Reality
of Killing Machines
And Children Dead, Dead, Dead.

Other than That 'Vote' For Folks Who
Put Human Resources Above 'Things' First...

In Other
Words,

Vote For Humans...

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2017/oct/03/chris-abele/do-90-americans-support-background-checks-all-gun-/

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 12:09 pm

CNN Live Updates

Quote:
While taking questions from reporters during Friday's news conference, Col. Steven McCraw of the Texas Department of Public Safety criticized some aspects of the police response to the shooting, in particular regarding the time it took for officers to engage with the gunman.

"A decision was made that this was a barricaded subject situation," McCraw said of the incident commander's "thought process" at the time.

Rather than immediately breach the classroom and engage with the gunman, McCraw said the commander — who he later identified as the school district's chief of police — decided that, "There was time to retrieve the keys, and wait for a tactical team with the equipment to go ahead and breach the door and take on the subject."

”Where I'm sitting now, of course it was not the right decision. It was the wrong decision, period. There's no excuse for that. But again, I wasn't there," he added.

The backup and tactical team did not arrive on the scene to make entry into the classroom until 12:57 p.m. local time, McCraw said.

"We believe there should have been an entry as soon as you can," McCraw continued. "When there's an active shooter, the rules change."

As I mentioned earlier at the next school shooting if the cops don’t immediately go in it will be a bloodbath on top of what the shooter did. If the cops try and stop the parents oh boy.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 12:59 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Oh dear it's just gotten worse.

The fully armed cops waited 1hr outside the school while parents pleaded for them to do something. Instead of saving the little children from getting killed they stayed outside like cowards. When confronted by parents they got angry and pepper sprays, body slammed and handcuffed the parents of the shooting victims.

This is really sick...after they fix gun laws the US needs to something about their cops.

All I will say is this video will be too much for a lot of people

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 1:48 pm

Rolling Stone
‘Please Send the Police Now’: Multiple Kids Made 911 Calls While Gunman Was Inside Uvalde School
Tomás Mier
Fri, May 27, 2022, 12:04 PM·3 min read
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/ple ... 16231.html

On Rolling Stone itself,
https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/cu ... s-1359759/

"
On Friday, Department of Public Safety Director Steven McCraw held a press conference to discuss an updated timeline of the shooting, the police’s delayed response, and the harrowing calls made by students to 911.

“It’s better that I read it than you listen to it,” McCraw said before discussing the calls, taking a moment to collect himself.

Without naming the children, McCraw said that a student in room 112 made four emergency calls: first, at 12:03 pm for one minute and 23 seconds as she whispered her location to first responders. She called back at 12:10 and said multiple people were dead. She then called at 12:13 and 12:16 and said eight to nine students in her classroom were alive.

By 12:19, another female student had made a 911 call from room 111. “She hung up after another student told her to hang up,” explained McCraw. Two minutes later, three gunshots could be heard from a second call. At 12:36, that same student called again for 21 seconds, before making a final call and staying on the line.

“She told us that he shot the door at 12:43,” McCraw said. “At 12:47, she asked 911 to ‘Please send the police now.'”

Minutes later, the student said she could hear officers on the scene taking students out of the classrooms. Later in the conference, when answering questions from journalists, McCraw said that more than one of the 911 callers survived. He provided no further detail.

The 911 calls discussed by McCraw were made as students waited for more than 40 minutes for police officers to intervene with the school shooter, and enter the school building, despite 19 officers being on school premises. McCraw explained that instead of entering the building, officers waited to enter — after receiving a master key — since they believed the gunman was barricaded and children were no longer in danger.

“Of course, it was not the right decision,” McCraw said. “It was the wrong decision.”
"

The New York Times
Border Patrol Tactical Team Was Ordered to Hold Back Before Confronting the Gunman
Eileen Sullivan and J. David Goodman
Fri, May 27, 2022, 12:09 PM
https://news.yahoo.com/border-patrol-ta ... 04118.html
"
When specially equipped federal immigration agents arrived at the elementary school in Uvalde, Texas, on Tuesday, the local police at the scene would not allow them to go after the gunman who had opened fire on students inside the school, according to two officials briefed on the situation.

The agents from Border Patrol and Immigration and Customs Enforcement arrived at some point between 12 and 12:10 p.m., according to the officials — far earlier than previously known. But they did not breach the adjoining classrooms of the school where the gunman had locked himself in until a little before 1 p.m. Members of the federal tactical team killed the gunman.

The officials said that members of the Uvalde Police Department kept the federal agents from going in sooner.
"

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 1:55 pm

Why didn’t the school go on lockdown when the first shots were fired and he wasn’t in the building yet?
Why was the school door unlocked?
Why did the cops just stand around holding their guns with their thumbs up their butts?I guess they are only good for killing unarmed black men and not real threats .
If the classroom has windows, and it looks like they did, why didn’t they shoot him through a window?They could have easily walked down the side of the building and heard what room gunfire was coming from.
Why was a young man who was self-harming allowed to purchase a gun?

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 1:56 pm

The more we find out the more I feel like the Police should be severely punished and the only appropriate punishment I can think of is to kidnap them and then airdrop them naked at midnight in to Somali gang territory.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 2:26 pm

If they weren’t willing to risk their lives to save children ,then they don’t need to be a cop.They are suppose to serve and PROTECT.I didn’t see any protecting.Just standing around.
If they were too cowardly to run into the building then they should have handed their guns over to the parents.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 4:42 pm

Well this is what happens when the stupid constitution is more important than the lives of innocent people and children. f**k the constitution - it's about time the government stepped up and enforced new laws in place about gun ownership. Children should be safe at school. This shouldn't be happening, ever.

I'm sorry but I do not like America and I will never go there for as long as I live. :x

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 5:15 pm

Not all of America is violent.We had three homicides last year in my county, meth related.None so far this year.Some years we have none even with it being a rural area with many gun owners.
We do need better gun laws.18 year olds don’t need assault rifles.Kids used to learn to shoot with a single shot .22 ,not a machine gun.
Timothy McVeigh murdered 168 people without a gun.So if someone truly wants to kill innocent people, they will find away.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 5:49 pm

If you would come to America, Joe, you will have a different impression.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 5:54 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Not all of America is violent.We had three homicides last year in my county, meth related.None so far this year.Some years we have none even with it being a rural area with many gun owners.
We do need better gun laws.18 year olds don’t need assault rifles.Kids used to learn to shoot with a single shot .22 ,not a machine gun.
Timothy McVeigh murdered 168 people without a gun.So if someone truly wants to kill innocent people, they will find away.

Ted Bundy didn't murder any women either with a gun.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 6:16 pm

Those in denial about the necessity of gun control have come up with the most ridiculous explanations for why the shooting happened:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/too-many-doo ... 56293.html

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 6:16 pm

Well there always seems to be school shootings that go on in America every month so that must be related to the gun ownership laws.

The crime is bad in the UK but I bet if people were allowed to own guns like they own cars then there would be even worse murderous crime and frequent school shootings.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 6:38 pm

I’m totally for background checks, red flags and waiting periods and I own guns.Nothing tactical, I don’t see the need for it.Rural people often have guns for hunting. ,sometimes you have to put a large animal down, or a varmit that’s attacking livestock.
The only people that need military grade weapons are the military.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 6:39 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Those in denial about the necessity of gun control have come up with the most ridiculous explanations for why the shooting happened:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/too-many-doo ... 56293.html

Liberal teachers??Thats one of the stupidest things ever said.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 6:59 pm

Biloxi Sun Herald
Parents of Texas school shooting victims reach out to MS casket wrapper who’s eager to help
Mary Perez
Fri, May 27, 2022, 5:24 PM·3 min read
https://news.yahoo.com/parents-texas-sc ... 20501.html
"
Wrapping coffins started as a tribute to his 21-year-old sister who died in January.

Now, Casey Lawhon of Gulfport is offering to create personalized casket wraps for all of the victims of the Texas school shooting.

“I am more than ready and prepared to fly out to Uvalde next week and offer my services to these families in this dark time,” he said in a Facebook post.

He’s created casket art for 15 parents who had to bury their children in the last three months, he said.

Lawhon, 25, called the shooting at Robb Elementary School “a parent’s hell” and has been contacted by a victim’s family member who lives Saucier. He’s also spoken to two parents of other victims, one of which is a father of one of one of the young girls who died in the shooting.

He’s also heard from the director of a funeral home in Texas and a coordinator who is working with the parents to make funeral arrangements, he said.

Just hours after the shooting, he said, a representative of a real estate company called and said they wanted to donate all the caskets and have him create a wrap for each.
"