Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2022, 12:55 am

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/46-bodies-were-found-inside-abandoned-semi-truck-in-san-antonio-texas-according-to-reports/ar-AAYWavt?ocid=uxbndlbing

They appear to be undocumented, and I am worried about how the right will spin this. I'm worried they'll call the victims "illegals" or "potential rapists".

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2022, 1:38 am

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-texas-governor-abbott-blames-migrant-deaths-biden-immigration-20220628-h7agwv2mdzemfp7fvycdthysqe-story.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab

And of course, he blames Biden and "open borders".

Yet he could get reelected because "Beto gunna take muh guns"

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2022, 1:49 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
I'm worried they'll call the victims "illegals"

Is there a better-sounding synonym for "illegal" that I'm not aware of?

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2022, 1:59 am

r00tb33r wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

"Undocumented" is the usual term these days.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2022, 2:03 am

This kinda thing happens every few years. Has happened for the last almost hundred years under every POTUS. A truck is found abandoned in the southwest US with dozens of suffocated dead folks inside.

If we really did have open borders it would never happen because migrants wouldnt need to be exploited by "coyotes" to smuggle them across the border. They would just walk across the border. Not saying that we should have open borders. Just saying that we have never had them, and under Biden, we continue to not have them, and this sorta thing happens. And there is no free lunch. This is what happens when you DONT have open borders.

But of course some politician, like Abbot, has to make a desperate attempt to spin it the opposite way from the reality.

Why cant Abbott be honest? Like those other Texas politicians. I am talking about the three Ted Cruz's.

There were three guys from Texas named Ted Cruz. Each was a straight shooter whether you agreed with them, or not.

There was the 2016 Ted Cruz who said that "Trump is a grifter", and that "Trump insulted my father, and my wife".

Then there was 2018 guy named Ted Cruz (who, despite having a beard, looked remarkably like the other Ted Cruz) who was a loyal sycophant of Trump.

And now there is third guy named Ted Cruz who blasts other Republicans for allowing themselves to "be bullied Donald Trump". Each one of the three Ted Cruzes were consistant straight shooters! Amazing how three dudes who with same name (and who even kinda look alike) can be so different in opinions! But there ya go! :D

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2022, 3:14 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
r00tb33r wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

That makes it sound like they are legal but just forgot their documents at home... Or the dog ate them. No need to de-humanize them, but they're undoubtedly in the country illegally.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2022, 10:42 am

r00tb33r wrote:
Mona Pereth wrote:
r00tb33r wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

That makes it sound like they are legal but just forgot their documents at home... Or the dog ate them. No need to de-humanize them, but they're undoubtedly in the country illegally.

Hence why such migrants choose dangerous methods of entering another country. Bit like the boats in the English channel or that 7.5 ton truck with over 70 bodies inside.

demeus
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2022, 10:57 am

naturalplastic wrote:
This kinda thing happens every few years. Has happened for the last almost hundred years under every POTUS. A truck is found abandoned in the southwest US with dozens of suffocated dead folks inside.

If we really did have open borders it would never happen because migrants wouldnt need to be exploited by "coyotes" to smuggle them across the border. They would just walk across the border. Not saying that we should have open borders. Just saying that we have never had them, and under Biden, we continue to not have them, and this sorta thing happens. And there is no free lunch. This is what happens when you DONT have open borders.

But of course some politician, like Abbot, has to make a desperate attempt to spin it the opposite way from the reality.

Why cant Abbott be honest? Like those other Texas politicians. I am talking about the three Ted Cruz's.

There were three guys from Texas named Ted Cruz. Each was a straight shooter whether you agreed with them, or not.

There was the 2016 Ted Cruz who said that "Trump is a grifter", and that "Trump insulted my father, and my wife".

Then there was 2018 guy named Ted Cruz (who, despite having a beard, looked remarkably like the other Ted Cruz) who was a loyal sycophant of Trump.

And now there is third guy named Ted Cruz who blasts other Republicans for allowing themselves to "be bullied Donald Trump". Each one of the three Ted Cruzes were consistant straight shooters! Amazing how three dudes who with same name (and who even kinda look alike) can be so different in opinions! But there ya go! :D

Maybe not open borders so much but a reasonable method for seasonal migrants to work here during the farm season and then return home. Then again, we will also need to realize that we have caused the issues in El Salvador which is creating the refugees to flee the country.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2022, 11:10 am

There was a "guest worker" program under Obama.