F.B.I. Raids Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate

Page 27 of 67 [ 1069 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 67  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 6:16 pm

Justice Department opposes unsealing Trump FBI search warrant affidavit

Quote:
The Justice Department said in court documents Monday that it opposes the release of the FBI affidavit used to justify the search warrant on former President Donald Trump's primary residence at Mar-a-Lago.

In Monday's filing, prosecutors indicated that the affidavit contained sensitive information regarding the testimony of witnesses in the investigation, adding later they feared that releasing the requested documents would "chill" the future testimony of other potential witnesses.

While the Justice Department did not oppose the release of the search warrant last week, the department argued Monday in a court filing to the U.S. District Court in the Southern District of Florida that the affidavit should remain sealed "to protect the integrity of an ongoing law enforcement investigation that implicates national security."

A judge will make the final decision about whether the affidavit should be unsealed.

The documents unsealed Friday included a property receipt from the Aug. 8 search stating that the FBI had seized 11 sets of classified documents, including four sets that were marked "top secret." The FBI also seized photos and information about the president of France, among other things.

Several media outlets, including CBS News, filed requests with the court last week to obtain access to all documents — including any underlying affidavits — related to the search warrant. The affidavit is likely to have key details about the government's investigation into Trump.

But while the Justice Department has "carefully considered whether the affidavit can be released subject to redactions," it said in Monday's court filing that "the redactions necessary to mitigate harms to the integrity of the investigation would be so extensive as to render the remaining unsealed text devoid of meaningful content, and the release of such a redacted version would not serve any public interest."

"Nevertheless, should the Court order partial unsealing of the affidavit, the government respectfully requests an opportunity to provide the Court with proposed redactions," the Justice Department continued.

The Justice Department said it would be permissible to to unseal other papers connected to the search warrant, the government's motion to seal the search warrant and cover sheets associated with the search warrant.

Trump says his passports were taken in Mar-a-Lago search
Quote:
Former President Donald Trump claimed Monday that three of his passports were swiped last week in the FBI’s search of his Mar-a-Lago home in Palm Beach, Fla.

One of the passports was expired, Trump said.

The FBI declined to comment.

Americans who travel outside the country often can apply for second passports, according to the State Department.

Valentina Meehan, president of the Passport Plus, a New York-based passport and visa expediting service, said that it is common for people who travel extensively for business or government purposes to have multiple passports.

“For a former president, that would be normal,” she said.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 7:21 pm

Just saw a fb notification for a David Pakman video titled “LIVE BREAKING: Trump Passports Seized by FBI; Trump Unable To Leave The Country”

:ketchup chips: :D

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 7:24 pm

he has friends that will [for a fee] get him out no matter what.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 8:01 pm

/\I don’t care where they take him as long as he’s gone from here.
I could suggest somewhere… :twisted:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 8:09 pm

i suggest the phantom zone.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 8:20 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Ok, but there's still a great big wtf disconnect with his voters.. like, the guy is a compulsive pathological liar - he's lied about everything to everyone.. and for some unknown reason, his cult members somehow believe that he lies to everyone about everything except to them. Wtf? :?

It doesn't matter to a transactional relationship, so long as he keeps up his end of the bargain, he's good. I was actually concerned in the beginning that he'd turn liberal once in office given his previous statements and behavior, that he'd seek approval by playing to the tastemakers, but the liberals themselves closed off that possibility with the constant vilification campaign, they announced they were going to try and impeach him before he even took office.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 9:41 pm

Dox47 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Ok, but there's still a great big wtf disconnect with his voters.. like, the guy is a compulsive pathological liar - he's lied about everything to everyone.. and for some unknown reason, his cult members somehow believe that he lies to everyone about everything except to them. Wtf? :?

It doesn't matter to a transactional relationship, so long as he keeps up his end of the bargain, he's good. I was actually concerned in the beginning that he'd turn liberal once in office given his previous statements and behavior, that he'd seek approval by playing to the tastemakers, but the liberals themselves closed off that possibility with the constant vilification campaign, they announced they were going to try and impeach him before he even took office.

Considering all the poop he’s pulled during & post his presidency, it seems that everyone who wanted him gone asap via whatever means was in fact correct in trying to flush the orange turd asap after all. It’s just too bad republicans aren’t patriotic politicians and opted to become trump nut swingers instead of honouring their oaths of office.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 9:56 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Considering all the poop he’s pulled during & post his presidency, it seems that everyone who wanted him gone asap via whatever means was in fact correct in trying to flush the orange turd asap after all. It’s just too bad republicans aren’t patriotic politicians and opted to become trump nut swingers instead of honouring their oaths of office.

All many of us cared about was if he was getting the job done. And he was as far as I was concerned. Probably one of the reasons why I'm not emotionally wrapped up in Trump, is because all I was interested in was the business end. I paid little attention to the circus soap opera surrounding it.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 10:05 pm

Under Obama I owed the IRS and extra $1200. By Trump's second year I only owed $75, and had gotten some pretty good pay raises, and prices were low. That's what counted. Not whatever he was blathering about on Twitter. He was delivering on prosperity.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 10:17 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Just saw a fb notification for a David Pakman video titled “LIVE BREAKING: Trump Passports Seized by FBI; Trump Unable To Leave The Country”

:ketchup chips: :D

I think you're going to end up throwing your plate of ketchup chips against a wall over how all of it turns out.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 10:32 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

All many of us cared about was if he was getting the job done. And he was as far as I was concerned. Probably one of the reasons why I'm not emotionally wrapped up in Trump, is because all I was interested in was the business end. I paid little attention to the circus soap opera surrounding it.

He did a terrible job.

And the circus soap opera was detrimental.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 11:04 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Under Obama I owed the IRS and extra $1200. By Trump's second year I only owed $75, and had gotten some pretty good pay raises, and prices were low. That's what counted. Not whatever he was blathering about on Twitter. He was delivering on prosperity.

If you’re going to play that game, from my seat, Trump was the worst president ever. Taxes up by thousands, environmental disasters affecting my life, my husband’s company dealt a death blow by tariffs, and a Supreme Court that is setting back women’s rights.

The originalist Supreme Court is going to be worse for you than you realize.

And your tax savings, for those of you who got them? Set to expire by 2025.

Master of illusion.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2022, 12:21 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

If you’re going to play that game, from my seat, Trump was the worst president ever. Taxes up by thousands, environmental disasters affecting my life, my husband’s company dealt a death blow by tariffs, and a Supreme Court that is setting back women’s rights.

Master of illusion.

That sounds more like the results of trump’s presidency.

Then there’s the national debt that trump rang up. He added $7.8 Trillion to the US’ national debt - a 36% increase from $19.95T to $27.75T.

https://www.propublica.org/article/national-debt-trump

He lied and told people donnie did a good job and people like Matrix Glitch believed him for some unknown reason.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2022, 12:59 am

goldfish21 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

Master of illusion.

That sounds more like the results of trump’s presidency.

Then there’s the national debt that trump rang up. He added $7.8 Trillion to the US’ national debt - a 36% increase from $19.95T to $27.75T.

https://www.propublica.org/article/national-debt-trump

He lied and told people donnie did a good job and people like Matrix Glitch believed him for some unknown reason.

I'm going to diverge a bit from you on the debt issue because, honestly, a pandemic is exactly when a national government needs to spend, as painful as the debt increase is. So with the pandemic spending, which is the worst of the debt increases, I believe he did the right thing. The programs were imperfect targeting the areas of most need but emergency measures naturally are. Increasing the national debt with the 2017 tax act? That one I will blame him for. 8 years of steady economic growth is NOT the time to spend beyond your income. It was always a false promise, designed to create just enough positive feeling to get him reelected before it all inevitably crashed. But when I look at the charts, the 2017 act spending was a drop in the bucket compared to the pandemic programs. 20/20 hindsight, right?

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2022, 1:06 am

DW_a_mom wrote:

Not for me it's not, that alone is worth the chaos of the Trump years to me, and they're just getting started with the rolling back of the regulatory state, I hope Chevron deference is next on the chopping block.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2022, 1:08 am

goldfish21 wrote:

LOL, I can't even tell if this is a parody account anymore.