Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2022, 11:37 pm

Like they did to the Tibetans some 70 years ago.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2022, 3:01 am

And when has the U.N helped anyone....like I don't see the point . I mean idk I am all for globalization that leads us closer to the star trek path where we don't destroy the world we live on....I personally like that idea.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2022, 5:10 am

I dont know what the UN is supposed to do about it.

But what is really strange is that the Islamic world, including the Jihadist subset of the Islamic world, including the Taliban rulers of Afghanistan, have turned their back on the largely Muslim Turkic speaking Uighurs.

The Taliban even officially agreed to not make waves in Xinjiang because the Taliban relies on Beijing for infrastructure, trade, and aid (since the US no longer has any interaction with Afghanistan).

Now that the Taliban won their insurgency - they now have to fight against insurgents themselves. They have to fight ISIS rebels in Afghanistan. Maybe ISIS will overthrow them, and then, start a holy war in northeast China against Beijing. We can dream.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2022, 5:52 am

naturalplastic wrote:
But what is really strange is that the Islamic world, including the Jihadist subset of the Islamic world, including the Taliban rulers of Afghanistan, have turned their back on the largely Muslim Turkic speaking Uighurs.

I'll give you a hint, think about which conflicts involving muslim countries attract foreign jihadis and threats of terrorism attacks against the US and the west?
iraq
Afghanistan
Syria
Palestine

Contrast that when muslims are under attack in China, Burma, Sri Lanka and Africa.....crickets...

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2022, 6:13 am

cyberdad wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

I'll give you a hint, think about which conflicts involving muslim countries attract foreign jihadis and threats of terrorism attacks against the US and the west?
iraq
Afghanistan
Syria
Palestine

Contrast that when muslims are under attack in China, Burma, Sri Lanka and Africa.....crickets...

Besides pointing out the very same thing that I myself implied (that Jihadist love to hate us more than they love to hate non American Infidels) what are you hinting at?

Why isnt Al Queda flying hijacked airliners into Shanghai skyscrapers?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2022, 7:07 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Besides pointing out the very same thing that I myself implied (that Jihadist love to hate us more than they love to hate non American Infidels) what are you hinting at?

Because apart from being muslim fanatics, the ISIS/Taliban crowd are ethnocentric. Their focus is on preserving the hegemony of the arab world. What happens to non-Arab muslims doesn't count. The latter are expendable cannon fodder.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2022, 6:30 pm

To put it another way, the Arab world has good relations with third world dictators in Burma, Sri Lanka and China who are inflicting genocide on muslims.

An interesting event in happened in Sri Lanka several years ago when the buddhist majority began burning and looting shops belonging to muslims and killing muslim civilians. A faction of the muslim community called ISIS for assistance and several ISIS militia arrived in Colombo to help launch an retaliatory attack. But the ISIS militia ordered the Sri Lankan faction to target christians (who had nothing to do with the conflict). The Sri Lankan muslims did as they were told and were eventually rounded up and executed. For the government they didn't care as the victims weren't buddhist.

They (ISIS) did not want to jeopardise any neutrality or good relation with the goons who ran the Sri Lankan government.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2022, 7:33 pm

cyberdad wrote:
To put it another way, the Arab world has good relations with third world dictators in Burma, Sri Lanka and China who are inflicting genocide on muslims.

An interesting event in happened in Sri Lanka several years ago when the buddhist majority began burning and looting shops belonging to muslims and killing muslim civilians. A faction of the muslim community called ISIS for assistance and several ISIS militia arrived in Colombo to help launch an retaliatory attack. But the ISIS militia ordered the Sri Lankan faction to target christians (who had nothing to do with the conflict). The Sri Lankan muslims did as they were told and were eventually rounded up and executed. For the government they didn't care as the victims weren't buddhist.

They (ISIS) did not want to jeopardise any neutrality or good relation with the goons who ran the Sri Lankan government.

Well then thats a completely different motivation from what you said in the post above. Nothing to do with "Arab ethnocentrism". Which doesnt even make sense as a motivation because most Muslims are southeast Asians, and not Arabs, and Boko Harum are as bad as ISIS and are not Arab, Chechens are not Arabs but join ISIS and bomb the Boston Marathon, and the biggest center of Jihadist indoctrination are schools in Pakistan (which is not an Arab country).

Now you're saying that their fanaticism is tempered by expedience. Which seems to be born out by the facts. China has the Taliban over a barrel in Afghanistan, and ISIS is allied to dictators in Burma and in Sri Lanka despite those regimes oppressing Muslims. Also its sexier to fight Americans, Israelies, and the old colonial powers of western europe than to fight third world folks. But even then things are changing. Israel's Arab neighbors are all quietly making nice with Israel because they all share Israel's fear of Iran.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2022, 10:54 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Nothing to do with "Arab ethnocentrism". Which doesnt even make sense as a motivation because most Muslims are southeast Asians, and not Arabs, and Boko Harum are as bad as ISIS and are not Arab, Chechens are not Arabs but join ISIS and bomb the Boston Marathon, and the biggest center of Jihadist indoctrination are schools in Pakistan (which is not an Arab country).

You need to understand that Chechenia, Somalia, North Africa (where Boko Haram are affiliated with) and Pakistan are "arab adjacent". Their cultures have been affiliated with Arab culture for 1000 years. A good example is Pakistan, When Pakistan launched a genocidal war against fellow muslims in Bangladesh the Bangladeshi calls for assistance to the arab world fell on deaf ears. Later when Saudi Arabia attacked Yemen nobody cared less about Yemen despite their being muslims, And when Jordan murdered palestinians again nobody in the muslim world came to help. Why? because there is a heirarchy,
1. Saudi Arabia (they can do no wrong)
2. Arab speaking majority countries
3. Arab adjacent countries (where much of the population understand arabic and is geographically close to the middle east (e.g. north Africa, Pakistan, Turkey, Central Asia)
4. White muslims (Chechens, Albanians and Bosnians)

Outside of these are non-white non-adjacent muslim communities in Asia. As I said these communities don't count, The Uyghers are not considered politically important to the arab world so the Chinese are given "Carte blanche" eliminate them.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2022, 11:16 pm

cyberdad wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Nothing to do with "Arab ethnocentrism". Which doesnt even make sense as a motivation because most Muslims are southeast Asians, and not Arabs, and Boko Harum are as bad as ISIS and are not Arab, Chechens are not Arabs but join ISIS and bomb the Boston Marathon, and the biggest center of Jihadist indoctrination are schools in Pakistan (which is not an Arab country).

You need to understand that Chechenia, Somalia, North Africa (where Boko Haram are affiliated with) and Pakistan are "arab adjacent". Their cultures have been affiliated with Arab culture for 1000 years. A good example is Pakistan, When Pakistan launched a genocidal war against fellow muslims in Bangladesh the Bangladeshi calls for assistance to the arab world fell on deaf ears. Later when Saudi Arabia attacked Yemen nobody cared less about Yemen despite their being muslims, And when Jordan murdered palestinians again nobody in the muslim world came to help. Why? because there is a heirarchy,
1. Saudi Arabia (they can do no wrong)
2. Arab speaking majority countries
3. Arab adjacent countries (where much of the population understand arabic and is geographically close to the middle east (e.g. north Africa, Pakistan, Turkey, Central Asia)
4. White muslims (Chechens, Albanians and Bosnians)

Outside of these are non-white non-adjacent muslim communities in Asia. As I said these communities don't count, The Uyghers are not considered politically important to the arab world so the Chinese are given "Carte blanche" eliminate them.

Where did you get this list from?

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2022, 8:34 pm

cyberdad, I too am curious to know where your list came from. Can you cite any sources for it?

Minder
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Dec 2022, 8:50 pm

cyberdad wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Because apart from being muslim fanatics, the ISIS/Taliban crowd are ethnocentric. Their focus is on preserving the hegemony of the arab world. What happens to non-Arab muslims doesn't count. The latter are expendable cannon fodder.

The Taliban isn't Arabic. Most Taliban are Pashtun.